Author Topic: Version 2 Development LOC  (Read 230360 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Version 2 Development LOC
« Reply #330 on: 22 October 2018, 14:00:35 »
I decided to give the helmet and armband of each set +1 to each mastery instead of +to pet skills.

I can add +to individual skills as a artifact creation completion bonus, though.

So is it better/less OP have +1 to each mastery, or +1 to a single mastery and a +2 to a random skill in the other mastery?

I like the second idea - +1 to single mastery + random skill for each piece. Less powerful than before, but i think it's balanced. Or maybe +1 to single mastery and +2 to to two different skills?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
« Reply #331 on: 22 October 2018, 14:58:21 »
So is it better/less OP have +1 to each mastery, or +1 to a single mastery and a +2 to a random skill in the other mastery?

I prefer the second idea - +1 to mastery/+2 to a skill.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
« Reply #332 on: 25 October 2018, 03:52:25 »
Still swamped at work as far as time.

Got up to Shaman in the ordnance initial run through, choosing meshes and adding tags and skills and item cost files. (the item cost files are files that use a calculation based on item attributes, level etc. to decide what strength or dex or int or level requirements are needed to equip and item, also the price). I created a couple new item cost files in v1.1 that I imported especially made for hybrid mastery items.

I decided to remove the permanent Taunt auras and give Shieldmaiden, Coredweller and Jotunn a timed attack radius taunt that they cast  before engaging. Corey's adds burn damage, Shieldmaiden reduces defensive ability by a flat amount and Jotunn's decreases Offensive Ability by a flat amount.

Removed the attack speed boost from Jotunn and Coredweller Metamorphosis files.

Jotunn gets his attack speed from tier 7 skill War Shout. Coredweller gets a clone of the Magma Sprite Dervish skill which is like Onslaught.

Unlike the sprites, his gets a big physical and fire boost in the same skill. It's a tier 7 skill. So Coredweller will be an excellent tank with only up to tier 5 (or was it 6?) skills, but if you pump up the tier 7 skill, he will be able to down bosses eventually.

Afraid Shieldmaiden is just a thuggish tank and never gets an inherent attack speed boost. <3 I set her "Roam" parametr in her controllers to "NeverRoam" so that way she will use her emote animations. :D Should be fun

Also took the (incredible amount of) time to redo the +skills affix tables and weight the tier 1 skills higher than tier 2 skills and so on with tier 7 having the lowest weight or chance to spawn. Before they were all equal weight.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #333 on: 28 October 2018, 17:00:45 »
Got tired of Ordnance making. I finidhed the first pass through all the ordnance setting the mesh, inventory icon, game text, set files and pet bonus files.
Next will be going through and adding stats. Then skills. I started on the recipes first pass adding text, ordnance item files paths adn the champion heart ingredients.

Still haven't settled on what the third ingredient will be. Maybe even just have the two ingredients and call it good.

So to change things up for me, I went through unique clubs and axes and changed them up. Added a few item skills. Added pet bonuses.

Phoenix axe gets a Death Ward skill.

Persephone's Caress & Demeter's Sorrow & Hiemal Decapitator get an auto-cast enemy debuff that lowers cold resistance.

Acheron's Touch gets a wave attack skill, the UI button turned out really cool, I am very pleased with that. Most item skills have an AI controller that procs the skill, but this one is manual.

Agamemnon's Scepter spawns Machae whenever you attack.

Glacial Maul gets a cold based debiuff aura that slows and lowers cold resistance.

Kraken's Fist gets Dread Pirate Robert's sea wave aura.

Prometheus' Gift gets a fire resist debuff aura.

Scepter of Thanatos auto casts a study-Prey-like skill that lowers enemy resistance to vitality damage.

Gaia's Revenge add +4 to Forest Nymph's and Coredweller's tier 7 skills and grants the auto-cast skill Earth Fury on attack just like Coredweller's pet skill. I changed it to elemental damage instead of bleeding damage as so many legendary uniques already grant bleeding damage and it fits my theme for Gaia's damage type as elemental.

Gave Scepter of the Shadow King a mana burn shadow aura as mana burn is the theme for Shadow creatures in this mod.

I took out Sapros the Corrupter's inherent enemy resistance debuff and gave it a buffed up Plague that activates on attack. It's like the entire Plague skill line as one skill so it slows and lowers resistance to physical, poison and elemental. 16 second cool down.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #334 on: 28 October 2018, 18:06:42 »
Man, you are a rolling machine!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #335 on: 28 October 2018, 18:17:10 »
Heh, thanks.

I got the vitality resistance debuff idea when I had already made it for Hades third form mwa ha ha >:-)

EDIT: Changed Scepter of Thanatos to having the item skill "Blue Fog of Death" to honor the Greek poetic description. Does tons of vitality decay and %current life in radius with chance of fear.

Forgot to mention, I created a monster infrequent for Hades himself. Now that one does have the auto cast vitality debuff.
« Last Edit: 28 October 2018, 18:57:28 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #336 on: 28 October 2018, 22:34:24 »
Nice improvements to maces :D!

i dont remenber what bonus gave/gives soul feast ( club weapon) on previous version, but it could give a small radius aura life leech/hp drain , effective agaisnt medium monsters groups :)
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #337 on: 28 October 2018, 23:35:41 »
Hi again. I have tried your mod with working Rune mastery and it's very very boring. You use toooo many pets and they do all your job. You just need to walk around. It's useless to put more than 1 constant and 1 temporary(who disappear after few seconds) pet per mastery. And I gathered at least 10 pets in my character. I passes Act 1 and half 2 but the game is a piece of cake and I think about to stop wasting my time any more.

Yeah, so this is why I don't hang out in multiplayer games or spend a lot of time on social media. :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #338 on: 28 October 2018, 23:47:22 »
Hi again. I have tried your mod with working Rune mastery and it's very very boring. You use toooo many pets and they do all your job. You just need to walk around. It's useless to put more than 1 constant and 1 temporary(who disappear after few seconds) pet per mastery. And I gathered at least 10 pets in my character. I passes Act 1 and half 2 but the game is a piece of cake and I think about to stop wasting my time any more.

Yeah, so this is why I don't hang out in multiplayer games or spend a lot of time on social media. :)

Thats a troll, not as bad as the act 5 ones.

I dont think that person even played the mod, even in multiplayer the game is hard ( i tried once with my brother) even with "10x pets" cant kill easly the arachnos~burning web ( hero) near tegea.
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #339 on: 29 October 2018, 00:44:49 »
The Burning Web arachnos hero? Oh, I'll have to import him into this mod then, thanks sauruz! :D

Yeah, that PM reminded me of the Simpsons (which everything usually does) where Lisa had a dream she was in a band and the audience was booing and she wakes with a start and says with a puzzled look "Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?"

Yeah, I can't figure some people out.

Anyway, I managed to partially automate the ordnance formula values and completed them today. Yay!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #340 on: 29 October 2018, 07:19:24 »

Duh, guess no one told them it's a pet heavy mod.  ;D

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #341 on: 29 October 2018, 15:55:27 »
I hate the Indianapolis 500. Sure it's a race...but the cars do all the work!

And the Kentucky Derby, too. Those jockeys aren't doing anything, the horses do all the work!

I converted one of the caves after Elysium into a volcanic cave and added a big Magma Spider boss.

EDIT:

I removed the inherent skills on the Myconid summons in Dream as they were just to OP. Instead, I added Life Leech to Hypnotic Gaze so they can heal themselves a bit.

Added Skeletal staff MI in Greece for early vitality builds.

Added a timed party lightning damage buff proc to Teslos.

Fixed a couple bugs.

Still swamped at work, not much time today and my brain was tired after work :)
« Last Edit: 30 October 2018, 04:38:10 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #342 on: 01 November 2018, 03:09:16 »
Ahhh...completed the ordnance recipes and titanic essences today.

So the recipe is just like v1.1 one heart from one class and another from another class and a titanic essence.

Titanic Essences drop from bosses including all the new minibosses (not shadowmaw, he's just a hero).

Each is a relic that needs 4 parts to complete and can enchant amulets.

The relic stats are(normal/epic/legendary):
+16/25/33  str/int/dex
+8/12/15% total damage

The completion bonus table includes the following (all include +1 to all skills normal, +2 epic and legendary)

+%modifier to existing bleed and vitality resist (modifier means that if the bonus is 15% and if you have 50 bleed resist, it will bump it up to 58...15% or 7.5 added back to the value, rounded up)
+%total damage
+%defensive ability
+%dex
+%elemental resist modifier
+%health regen and flat regen
+%int
+%life and flat life
+%mana and flat mana
+%mana regen and flat mana regen
+%offensive ability
+%poison and pierce resist modifier
+%total speed and slow resist
+%strength

I've finally wired up the drops from bosses and the relics and their bonus tables and all the bonuses. Bosses have 17% chance to drop an essence.

Whew!

With that out of the way, the last thing to do is input all the armor values, stats, skills, pet bonus values etc. to the ordnance pieces

EDIT:
Added MI staff for mummies that does vitality damage and has an item skill, vision of death cast when receiving damage.
« Last Edit: 01 November 2018, 03:23:34 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #343 on: 01 November 2018, 11:51:42 »
Titanic essence system looks promising! very fantastic :D

i cant imagine the loads of time will be filling the ordnance equipements :S! wish you good luck and alot faith. how great will be :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #344 on: 02 November 2018, 03:12:05 »
Added a legendary unique axe called "The Chopper". :D

20% piercing, 35% pierce damage, bleeding, attack speed and physical and pierce resist. Like a berzerker only more...psychotic.

Added an aura to Lifebane and Soul Fest that lowers enemy resistance to Life Leech and does a small amount of life leech damage.

Quicksilver Bludgeon gets a burn damage party buff.

Added a random proc Black Widow summons to Widowmaker...heh.

Took  the Thunderclap skill off of Thump and just gave it a high level instance of Defense's Shockwave skill.

Gave Zealot's maul a 20% total speed value so you can be a zooming zealot.

Created a unique epic club called the Cactus Branch. Can shoot spines out on attack.

Gave Bristlebash a hefty pierce retaliation for you and pets.

Gave Lei Gong's Winged Mace a lightning resist debuff aura.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal