Author Topic: Tips On Character Building  (Read 18241 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline DwayneA

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
Re: Tips On Character Building
« Reply #30 on: 23 April 2020, 23:22:39 »
I've updated my list of all possible builds I've come up with. Each class can be built in at least two different ways depending on which mastery gets more skill investment. For example, the Conqueror can be built either melee with a shield or dual-wielding. Obviously, the build that uses a shield gets more investment in Defense mastery whereas the dual-wielding version has more investment in Warfare. Maybe in a future thread, I should post this list.

One last question. I've read about attribute points and how they should be spent depending on your character build and style. How should I assign my stat points? Does the type of weapon I use depend on affect how I should spend my points? What about the type of damage I build my character around, does that determine how the stat points are spent? Should I reserve stat points or should I spend them as soon as I get them?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #31 on: 24 April 2020, 07:09:42 »
It's pretty basic; intel boosts elemental damage, i.e. fire, cold and lightning so mage classes go mostly with that with some dex thrown in to equip items.  If you're going to get into the middle of fights as a mage then going 1:1 intel:dex is better since you need good DA in those situations and dex boosts that.  Nature and Spirit don't rely on intel for their spells which is why they're good for hybrid melee/ranged classes.  For everything else it's str:dex.  I usually go 1:1 str:dex, but you can also do 2:1 or 1:2 depending on your needs.  A lot of people hang on to some attribute points just in case since they're not refundable ingame, but I never bother. 

Not Yet Rated!

Offline AlcyonV

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: 24 April 2020, 12:41:58 »
Quote from: MedeaFleecestealer
Nature and Spirit don't rely on intel for their spells which is why they're good for hybrid melee/ranged classes.

Except vitality damage (Spirit and Dream) that relies on intelligence.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline DwayneA

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: 24 April 2020, 15:30:13 »
um, if you only get 2 stat points per level, how do you go 2:1 when applying your skill levels? And is there a limit on how high your endgame stats should be? Does it depend on your endgame equipment? The type of weapon you use, such as a sword, axe, club, spear, bow, or throwing?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #34 on: 24 April 2020, 15:39:23 »
Just keep a note of what you put into which one, that's the only way to do it.  Endgame stats are governed by the equipment you want to use.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline AlcyonV

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: 24 April 2020, 17:44:46 »
um, if you only get 2 stat points per level, how do you go 2:1 when applying your skill levels? And is there a limit on how high your endgame stats should be? Does it depend on your endgame equipment? The type of weapon you use, such as a sword, axe, club, spear, bow, or throwing?

Max stats requirements in Legendary (for all types of items : unique, MI, common) :

Staves : 662 Int
Mage armor : 515 Int 206 Dex

Bows : 544 Dex 129 Str
Dex armor (Alfr MI...) : 538 Dex 206 Str
Spears : 504 Dex 208 Str
Throwing : 430 Dex 316 Str               (Hati : 435 Dex 320 Str - doesn't drop)

Swords : 346 Dex 425 Str
Light Str armor (Tritons MI, Trolls MI, light armor to act IV, Discs of Mani...) : 436 Str
Shields : 564 Str
Axes : 208 Dex 583 Str
Heavy Str armor : 655 Str
Clubs : 662 Str

You can set your attribute points's distribution on those requirements up. That's what I do. I don't like to lack of stat points when I want to equip an item or to rely on -% requirements gear. So I choose a type of gear when I plan my build (e.g Dex armor, spear, buckler : I want 538 Dex and 564 Str for the end-game) and use the attributes points in order to match it.

But it's not the only (nor perhaps the best) way to manage it. Keep in mind there is plenty of -% requirements gear in end-game stuff. And items grant lot of attribute points by themselves. E.g staves give Int, melee armor give Str... Everyone use rings with +%Str or Int... (But Dex bonuses are less fequent than Int or Str ones).

So distribution models like 1:1, 2:1 allways perform very well.

The only difficulty is for hybrid builds.

And don't forget that items requirements aren't the only parameter for attribute points distribution : consider boosting the type of damage you deal, every type of toon can need Dex for DA, a small amount of health or energy if your masteries lack of it...
« Last Edit: 24 April 2020, 18:11:17 by AlcyonV »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline DwayneA

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: 29 April 2020, 02:03:21 »
So after using the Titan Quest Atlantis Calculator numerous times to plan various character, I've come to the following conclusions about certain builds:

-Any melee class using Warfare will need to limit their weapon choices to swords, axes, clubs, or throwing weapons due to Weapon Training increasing offensive ability and attack speed for those weapons only, unless they are a slayer using spears.
-Any warrior class using Hunting will need to limit weapon choices to bows, spears, or throwing weapons due to Wood Lore increasing defensive ability and attack speed for those weapons.
-Any melee class using Rogue will need to specialize in piercing damage due to how Calculated Strike, Lucky Hit, and Blade Honing work. They will also need to limit their weapon choices to swords or spears. High increases in attack speed are needed if you choose spears.
-Practically every rogue class demands you take advantage of Envenom Weapon and its synergies, with the exception of Toxic Distillation, unless you are specializing in maxing your poison damage.
-Casters who have Rogue as a mastery will use Throwing Knife with Flurry as a primary attack. With Earth and Storm as your other mastery, you'll need to increase intelligence to maximize damage. If your second mastery is any other, invest in dexterity to increase the damage of your knives.
-If Nature is one of your choices, wolves can be either be used to deter enemies' attention away from you or as your primary source of damage. If they are your primary source of damage, invest in skills that benefit their health, damage, defensive abilities, etc. Casters can use them to deter enemy attention away from them. Warriors also need them to boost their damage.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal