Author Topic: Soulvizier AERA - Masteries and skills  (Read 45584 times)

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
Re: Soulvizier AERA - Masteries and skills
« Reply #45 on: 27 April 2020, 00:14:40 »
Note that there are some skills like Throwing Knife or Bone Spire that count as a weapon attack, those skills can benefit from flat damage bonuses of Arctic Shell, Storm Nimbus, and other skills like that.

The same with the new Nature skill: Elemental Flurry ?

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #46 on: 27 April 2020, 00:42:45 »
Note that there are some skills like Throwing Knife or Bone Spire that count as a weapon attack, those skills can benefit from flat damage bonuses of Arctic Shell, Storm Nimbus, and other skills like that.

The same with the new Nature skill: Elemental Flurry ?
Yes, that should work (haven't tested).
Soulvizier for AE, Ragnarok and Atlantis [released] :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Offline khan3817

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #47 on: 06 June 2020, 21:00:02 »
where is the shield training skill for defender
« Last Edit: 06 June 2020, 21:11:44 by soa »

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: 06 June 2020, 21:12:26 »
where is the shield training skill for defender
If missing, check the FAQ here, 1st question :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.msg14055#msg14055
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Offline Igsav

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +2
« Reply #49 on: 14 June 2020, 13:41:59 »
I can't assemble the "Band of the Elder Savage". The formula does not define a "Heliotrope Jewel".

"Hard mod" or "Custom map", version 1.5d.

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: 14 June 2020, 14:58:22 »
I can't assemble the "Band of the Elder Savage". The formula does not define a "Heliotrope Jewel".

Actually the ring needs two affixes, so I would need to know if there are two on the ring. If they don't display ingame you may check them in TQ Vault.
Later, when Mythic items are reworked, I'll display that the rings needs two affixes.

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: 14 June 2020, 15:23:43 »
One of the main problems I had in SV-IT was that some formula asks for item and you find 10, 20 and more items with the same name but nothing. For 1 formula I found item but with different name than in description which worked. My point is, is it possible to make this simple for players to edit formula where that part would be some rare and desirable item, so if you have in description item, to be that item?
To take something as example, this is like your neighbor have apple tree and he is selling apples, which means when you say you want to buy apple you want apple to eat, but instead he gives you foliage and you don't know what to do with it - my logic.
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: 14 June 2020, 15:47:42 »
One of the main problems I had in SV-IT was that some formula asks for item and you find 10, 20 and more items with the same name but nothing. For 1 formula I found item but with different name than in description which worked. My point is, is it possible to make this simple for players to edit formula where that part would be some rare and desirable item, so if you have in description item, to be that item?
To take something as example, this is like your neighbor have apple tree and he is selling apples, which means when you say you want to buy apple you want apple to eat, but instead he gives you foliage and you don't know what to do with it - my logic.
It's a lot more complicated than that, the game engine is very stiff and doesn't allow you to do what you want.
Sometimes a formula asks for an item, and needs affixes for that item (it can be many different affixes, but you need both prefix and suffix), but you can't make the game display those affixes in the formula.
The game also doesn't always display the Quality of the item (like : Iron). It will sometimes only show "Band". So if you come with a "Copper Band", it will refuse your ring.

If you require say an Iron Band with any prefix and any suffix (that's what you enter in the formula file), the game will only display "Band".

To give a better indication to the player, you need to create a placeholder item, a blank item with a custom name like : Iron Band [Prefix and Suffix].
You need to tell the game the 3rd reagent is either :
- Iron Band [Prefix and Suffix]
- path\c01ring03.dbr, which is a file for Iron Band.
- path\c01ring03b.dbr, which is a Soulvizier variant of the Iron Band with flat bonus to Energy regeneration.

Then specify a list of accepted affixes.

The game only shows the first item in the list, so you need to have your placeholder here. If you don't have a placeholder, it will show only "Iron Band" and you won't know you need affixes.
If you don't specify an affix for the item (if you do, you need to list all the possible affixes the item may have), the game won't accept any affix, it will require no affix.
Also you can't specify a name for the item, you have to specify a file. But if other files have the same name, it lures the player. There are many cases like that in SV-TQIT.

I've fixed a lot of forged formulas, Mythic item formulas haven't been touched because they are completely broken anyways, not meant to really be used ingame.
« Last Edit: 14 June 2020, 15:56:01 by soa »

Offline Igsav

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: 14 June 2020, 17:27:44 »
Actually the ring needs two affixes, so I would need to know if there are two on the ring.
One affix  :(

Offline Igsav

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: 19 June 2020, 20:48:25 »
I modified the "Heliotrope Jewel" from the Durin - Dvergr Master Smith and got two affixes. But the formula "Band of the Elder Savage" still does not define this jewel.

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: 22 June 2020, 20:42:35 »
I modified the "Heliotrope Jewel" from the Durin - Dvergr Master Smith and got two affixes. But the formula "Band of the Elder Savage" still does not define this jewel.

Indestructible affix was added in SV AERA, and it hasn't been added to the list of acceptable affixes for this formula.
I will fix this particular case, but there are probably other issues like that. Not a priority because Mythic items are not made to be played right now (completely broken items).
They will need a complete rework later.

Offline RedMattis

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: 04 July 2020, 20:55:45 »
Is the Bow Auto-attack ability from the nature tree intended to make the attacks much slower than the regular bow attacks? I figured since it was there the Nature tree was intended to be a functional bow-user without involving the Hunting tree. Kiting with it seems somewhat futile, which makes it tricky to use along with the tactic of dragging around trains of plagued enemies.

I figured I'd go Nature/Occult utilizing the bow and poisons, but perhaps I'm not building things in the intended manner?

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: 05 July 2020, 00:21:45 »
Is the Bow Auto-attack ability from the nature tree intended to make the attacks much slower than the regular bow attacks? I figured since it was there the Nature tree was intended to be a functional bow-user without involving the Hunting tree. Kiting with it seems somewhat futile, which makes it tricky to use along with the tactic of dragging around trains of plagued enemies.

I figured I'd go Nature/Occult utilizing the bow and poisons, but perhaps I'm not building things in the intended manner?
Of course it's intended to have less attack speed, it would be broken otherwise.
Maybe increasing attack speed on a lvl 32-40 modifier would be needed to make it scale better in endgame.

Offline RedMattis

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: 05 July 2020, 18:26:10 »

Of course it's intended to have less attack speed, it would be broken otherwise.
Maybe increasing attack speed on a lvl 32-40 modifier would be needed to make it scale better in endgame.

After leveling it a bit, I can see that being the case, dumping points into the second skill in that chain nets a lot of damage (Though the AoE is a bit iffy at my current 1.1m radius since enemies are usually running in a line/curved line whenever they are close together). It is still a bit fringe in usefulness since most enemies will run up in your face, and you're forced to kite them, which prevents using that skill (many enemies would reach and hit me from a screen away). I'm playing in multiplayer, but our tanky rune-guy can't seem to get aggro off me (using the taunt skill everyone starts out with). Especially Plague seems very prone to instantly get me aggro, for some reason.

Using it I feel like I either need a better method of keeping enemies distracted (like an aggro-drop ability), or slightly more kite-friendly mechanics such as it procing the full power arrow only every 4 shots, or a 5 second cooldown reduced when hitting enemies, etc. When dealing with fast & deadly, or ranged enemies I usually end up running around throwing Plague and the thorn-spitting plants while my buddies hit the boss instead of actually using my bow. Perhaps the AoE could be a regular (bow-based) cooldown ability which scales in some way the first piercing-shot-esque slot?

Anyway, the impression I got as a player seeing it in the nature tree was basically "Oh, I don't need to pick the hunting tree to be a bow-user?", but compared to playing the Hunting tree where you just spam ultra-deadly arrows which clear out mobs everywhere, the Nature-bow feels a bit off. Not that I'm expecting it to be as good as the Hunting tree bow, but the cast time makes it feel like I shouldn't use it unless I can remain stationary, which doesn't really happen, especially since using the Plague spell encourages running around and bunching up enemies.

Finally, I didn't quite grasp that it would be slower than my autos based on reading the description, and I'm still not sure if it scales with cast speed or attack speed?

Offline IdoNotKnowWhy

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #59 on: 05 August 2020, 14:43:39 »
Could u add Master Mind skill for Dream? Without Master Mind, Nightmare seem to be useless.
« Last Edit: 05 August 2020, 14:46:11 by IdoNotKnowWhy »

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal