Author Topic: Back for the third time - but with NEW questions!  (Read 5299 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline D3fault

• Visitor
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -5
Back for the third time - but with NEW questions!
« on: 24 April 2021, 21:21:16 »
I've been sucked back into this game for the third time now in about 10 years.  Happy to see some familiar faces still on this board.  I have some new questions though as I've been playing through a brand new (primarily) casting druid using plague/lightning bolt.  The idea is to get -recharge% equipment so I can have almost permanent uptime on both spells.  I'll also be using pets later on, although right now all I have is the wisp.  I am not playing Ragnarok or Atlantis (yet) FYI.

1.  Is there a resource I can use to help me find all existing -recharge% equipment?  AFAIK this is not a stat associated with yellow/green item prefixes/suffixes or Monster Infrequents, so I'm prepared to hunt down the appropriate legendary equipment that has it.  I've been using tq-db.net as a starting point but I can't really filter on that one stat, so it's a little annoying.  Are there any other resources that others like to use that may be helpful?

2.  I'm trying to understand how the scaling on certain skills works.  I understand that a lot of people leave skills like Envenom Weapon from the rogue tree at level 1 because all that changes is 34 poison dmg at level 1 to 230 dmg when maxed out, which is basically nothing on legendary.  However, I know that maxing out Lightning Bolt from the storm tree is vital to maximize damage, or for petmancers adding flat pet damage on jewelry.  Why do these flat increases "scale" better?

3.  Back to tq-db.net, I was looking at some of the drop tables to get a sense of where I might farm items.  Is it known that there are gaps in the information on the loot tables?  I was farming on my old bow brigand in the formic caves for a Soldier's Unyielding Will and received an Ikon of Zeus arcane formula.  I'm 99% sure it was from a normal Formic Soldier (not a hero, just a trash mob), yet that is not listed as a source on the drop table on tq-db.net.

4.  Does Static Charge on the storm tree increase ALL of my lightning damage?  Including from my basic ranged attacks from the staff I have equipped, Lightning Bolt, and things like Storm Surge proccing?  The description for the skill is kind of poor.

5.  Speaking of staff basic attacks, I can tell that something like increased attack speed as well as the flat damage from the staff I have equipped will increase my DPS, but how do things like increasing INT affect it?  Or having flat elemental damage on my staff?

Think that's all for now, thanks for anyone who chimes in to help me understand some of the nuances on this great game.  Happy to be back as well!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline andyblast

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Back for the third time - but with NEW questions!
« Reply #1 on: 24 April 2021, 23:53:47 »
1. https://tq-db.net/en

2. https://www.gamebanshee.com/titanquest/walkthrough.php
https://titanquest.fandom.com/wiki/Mastery
Guesswork

3. Is it known that there.... : yes

4. Search for some number cruncher articles from old forums, some people did some ad-hoc work on order of affixes, how they summate & so forth.

5. there are some scaling calculation well hidden on this forums, reg. current affixes.

PS: there is no wowhead for titan quest, most players went to grim dawn, & now are returning in double quick time...

edit:-

recharge exists on green+ (& always did on TQIT too, there were plenty of ability spam builds), yesterday i saw it on a yellow pre megara drop

there is a Turkish website somewhere out there which has archived build articles from old forums, some of those are pretty nifty, DM medea or one of the admins, maybe they will point out URL.

Also, get new vault & GD defiler, vault works 100% but defiler has ~20% functionality left, also get spawn multiplier mods, the game difficulty does NOT scale well. shop MI mod also can be made to work (with workarounds)
« Last Edit: 25 April 2021, 00:05:08 by andyblast »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline andyblast

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 25 April 2021, 00:29:49 »
also, 1 last thing, try to avoid steam version if u can, the problems are legion, get GoG or even old TQIT if u cant get any new one, Steam one is just begging for headache AFA mods

Rated 2 times
Great

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #3 on: 25 April 2021, 05:07:26 »
« Last Rated on: 25 April 2021, 21:05:42 »
1- Just typing "recharge" into search box of each items part and see the result. I do that and it show all the gears that have "recharge" word in its details.
2- Evenom Weapon at lvl12/12 give bonus flat 230 poison dmg for weapon or Throwing Knives/Blade Barrier attacks, this poison dmg scale with Dexterity and any +%total/poison dmg, so it's not "nothing in legendary". That's what happen since AE version, if you play with it, it will be the same. Except you still play with original TQ from 2006 or TQ-IT, it will be different because Poison dmg doesn't scale with Dex in it.
Similar with Lightning Bolt and flat dmg bonus to pet. Higher lvl of LB, it deal more dmg, those dmg ofcourse scale with more Int of character or any bonus % to total/Elemental/Lightning dmg. Bonus flat dmg to pet boost pet "weapon attack" (consider as default attack of pet), not skill and it scale with pet stats depend on what type of that bonus flat dmg, get boost by any aura that boost to that specific dmg types.
3- Item's loot table on tq-db.net site just show the highest drop sources, not all drops sources from common enemies (which lower chance to drop).
4- Yes, it increased all Lightning dmg sources of your character except reflect (if it's lightning dmg, Storm has Reflection skill - synergy of Energy Shield skill that give character reflect dmg effect)/retaliation lightning dmg (if you have). All Storm skills that deal Lightning dmg from character will get boost from Static Charge.
5- The dmg formula for any direct elemental dmg is : {Elemental dmg number x [(character total int number : 650) + 1]} + (character total int number x 0.025)} x (100% + total any source of +% total/elemetal/specific elemental dmg type).
Any flat elemental dmg mean 1/3 of that is fire, 1/3 is cold and 1/3 is lightning. I leave the math for you.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
« Reply #4 on: 25 April 2021, 21:04:52 »
Just because its interesting to me, the equation for retaliation damage (all) is retaliationDamageDV * (1+ ((characterLevelDV^2) / 1250)) so it's completely a function of level. And that is only since AE.

The ability of skills/items to amplify retaliation damage exists in the templates, but not sure if anything in the base game uses it. I know I had to create several tags to display +% to specific retaliation like +%fire retaliation

Not Yet Rated!

Offline D3fault

• Visitor
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 26 April 2021, 23:59:17 »
Ok, so a couple more questions.  Trying to understand the stats on staves.  Debating between using these two staves, and it's hard for me to determine which is better.

1.  The 39-46 cold damage or 24-73 lightning damage is the damage I do on a basic attack using the staff, correct?  And this damage scales based on...what things?  Intelligence?  Any % increased elemental damage on gear, etc.?

2.  The modifiers like +18% cold damage or +14% lightning damage would impact my skills like Lightning Bolt?  What else do they impact?  Pet damage?

3.  Do the flat modifiers like 7-25 Lightning damage or 14 lightning damage also increase the damage of skills like Lightning Bolt?  Is that flat damage scaled at all by increased intelligence?

4.  Unrelated to the items, but if I want to maximize damage on a build using Lightning Bolt, Plague, and Squall (to a lesser degree), I should try and get as much +% or flat lightning and poison damage as possible?  Hard for me to tell sometimes if getting flat or +% INT on gear is better than flat or +% increased lightning damage is superior since the DPS tool is so inaccurate.

5.  Lastly, the Archon Staff of Lightning seemed worse off compared to the Staff of Rime.  I turned on damage numbers in the settings and cast lightning bolt on the same group of enemies several times, and it seemed the Staff of Lightning was worse damage on average, which didn't make sense because it has +% lightning damage which is what Lightning Bolt scales off of.  The +% cold damage on the other staff shouldn't play into the damage from Lightning Bolt at all, correct?  I'm wondering why it seemed superior.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 27 April 2021, 03:21:09 »

1.  The 39-46 cold damage or 24-73 lightning damage is the damage I do on a basic attack using the staff, correct?  And this damage scales based on...what things?  Intelligence?  Any % increased elemental damage on gear, etc.?

2.  The modifiers like +18% cold damage or +14% lightning damage would impact my skills like Lightning Bolt?  What else do they impact?  Pet damage?

3.  Do the flat modifiers like 7-25 Lightning damage or 14 lightning damage also increase the damage of skills like Lightning Bolt?  Is that flat damage scaled at all by increased intelligence?

4.  Unrelated to the items, but if I want to maximize damage on a build using Lightning Bolt, Plague, and Squall (to a lesser degree), I should try and get as much +% or flat lightning and poison damage as possible?  Hard for me to tell sometimes if getting flat or +% INT on gear is better than flat or +% increased lightning damage is superior since the DPS tool is so inaccurate.

5.  Lastly, the Archon Staff of Lightning seemed worse off compared to the Staff of Rime.  I turned on damage numbers in the settings and cast lightning bolt on the same group of enemies several times, and it seemed the Staff of Lightning was worse damage on average, which didn't make sense because it has +% lightning damage which is what Lightning Bolt scales off of.  The +% cold damage on the other staff shouldn't play into the damage from Lightning Bolt at all, correct?  I'm wondering why it seemed superior.
1- You just asking without read previous post in this thread?
2- Yes, it will impact to any character's Cold/Frost Burn or Lightning/Electrical Burn Dmg sources (not retaliation/reflect Cold/Frost Burn or retaliation Lightning/Electrical Burn Dmg), not pet's.
3- No, flat dmg on weapon just works for weapon attacks, not skills that don't using weapon attack like LIghtning Bolts.
 - Yes, it will scale with more Int.
4- Plague's Poison dmg is very poor, almost useless in Legendary, don't focus in it if you don't want to wasted. Just focus on any +%total/elemental/Lightning dmg or any bonus to Int number sources to boost Lightning Bolt dmg. Read my previous post about dmg formula to see how it works. If not, i have no interested to answer anything more.
 - DPS show in character's window still accurate enough for showing how dmg scale with attributes, +%dmg sources.
5- Archon staff of Lightning should be give more Lightning Bolt dmg than Staff of RIme, except your game's bugs. And Lightning Bolt dmg has huge range, randomly. You should testing with lvl1 Lightning Bolt to easier to get more accurate result after some casts.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
« Reply #7 on: 27 April 2021, 04:18:55 »
The best reason to invest in the Plague base skill is just to increase the duration so you can do other things.

I remember it was a topic of great length in the oldest forums about how monsters that die from Plague don't grant xp. I wonder if the new devs ever addressed that?

I mean, as a bit of a programmer it seems like you would have to "tag" the monster with some flag representing the caster when it catches the contagion so that when it expires, you can assign the xp to the player the tag points to. Oh well, that's why the main damage is %currrent life and flat poison to minimize the risk of actually killing anything lol

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 27 April 2021, 14:28:16 »
I remember it was a topic of great length in the oldest forums about how monsters that die from Plague don't grant xp. I wonder if the new devs ever addressed that?
I believe they fixed that in one of the previous patches, don't remember which.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline D3fault

• Visitor
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 27 April 2021, 19:12:28 »
1- You just asking without read previous post in this thread?

I didn't ask that question previously nor did I see a response to that specific question in any answers above.

4- Plague's Poison dmg is very poor, almost useless in Legendary, don't focus in it if you don't want to wasted. Just focus on any +%total/elemental/Lightning dmg or any bonus to Int number sources to boost Lightning Bolt dmg. Read my previous post about dmg formula to see how it works. If not, i have no interested to answer anything more.

I'll plug in some sample numbers to see whether elemental damage increases OR INT increases affect overall DPS more at different breakpoints.  What I was also asking was whether flat INT increases are worthwhile to have on gear later on in Legendary to increase your base INT pool so that you get a bigger boost from +% INT increases from gear, or if the INT you gain strictly from masteries provides a large enough pool that +% INT is strictly better by that point in the game.

Archon staff of Lightning should be give more Lightning Bolt dmg than Staff of RIme, except your game's bugs.

Can you please explain what you mean by the "game bugging"?

From your original response:

Except you still play with original TQ from 2006 or TQ-IT, it will be different because Poison dmg doesn't scale with Dex in it.

Yes, that's right, the last time I played this game was prior to AE release.  So there were a lot of flat damage skills that were useless in Legendary because of the lack of scaling.  I didn't realize AE enabled flat damage scaling with STR, DEX, INT until your response.

Rated 1 time
Excellent

Offline soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #10 on: 27 April 2021, 22:02:17 »
« Last Rated on: 27 April 2021, 22:34:07 »
I believe they fixed that in one of the previous patches, don't remember which.

Changelog for patch 1.43 (added 20 June 2017):

- Fixed bug where kills from spreading Plague did not count for the player
https://steamcommunity.com/app/475150/discussions/0/2119355556497235641/
===============

Side note :
However for mods, we still have a similar issue for pets of pets, they don't give XP to the player (and if the master pet dies, his pets turn against the player no matter what, except if you make them die too).
I have little faith that they will fix that one because there are no pets of pets in vanilla.
« Last Edit: 27 April 2021, 22:06:05 by soa »
Soulvizier for AE, Ragnarok and Atlantis [released] :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: 28 April 2021, 05:56:44 »
Yeah, i'm done with you!
Stubborn player  8)

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal