Author Topic: House of Flying Daggers Build  (Read 55200 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bobinho11

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: House of Flying Daggers Build
« Reply #45 on: 02 September 2020, 21:51:50 »

This is a guide for the TQAE version of the bladeflinger build.

I think most pros already know of this but i just haven't found a guide for the AE version yet so i decided to just make 1 (this is different from the TQIT version).

This is a guide for those who have reached at least epic difficulty. Beginners can also do this but it'll take much longer for your character to take shape.

Ok let's start. A knifethrower is a rogue who uses throwing knives as main attack. You can have earth or storm as your 2nd mastery for some elemental damage (your a caster anyway). Many players don't know it yet but rogue is actually a very good caster. For my char i chose storm but I'm sure you can go with earth as well

Pros: Kills really fast and every attack is AOE/CC

Cons: energy probs and you're a glass cannon so don't get too close to mobs

Your very first target is to reach lvl 25 with whatever you have by just pumping dex (no strength). That's doable, right? you can add int so your staff (if you decide to go with staff) can do more damage but what you really need to pump is dex. You need 297 dex by lvl 25. You'll need to pre-farm SB cuffs (epic version) and an amulet that gives +2 to rogue (merchants sell it). Both items have a char lvl requirement of 25.. you need 297 dex to wear epic SB cuffs.

By lvl 25, your char should look like this:

https://www.kirmiziperfect.com/titancalc-anniversary-edition/TitanCalc9128.html?mastery=Sorcerer&master1=6&master2=8&sa=0&m1=32-0-0-1-12-1-1-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-1-1-1-0-0-6-0&m2=4-0-1-0-0-1-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

That's just lvl 21 but you get the idea. You should max throwing knives and flurry of knives as early as possible.

When you get to lvl 25, the fun finally starts. You'll be a true knifethrower. Your throwing knives will have zero recharge. Set it as your RMB and you can just spam it. You'll need lots of energy pots but that's not really a problem. You can enhance your amulet with spectral matter to help a little bit with your energy probs. By epic, most monsters have energy so you can leech energy and you don't have to carry much energy pots. You'll eventually want to max mandrake and nightshade so your attack itself is a CC. Storm nimbus tree or earth enchantment tree (whichever 2nd mastery you want) for some elemental damage. After pumping dex, you need to pump int. Storm Nimbus only gives puny elemental damage.. for one knife projectile that is. We're talking lots and lots of projectiles here. Trust me, it's worth it for this build. Endgame your char should look like this:

https://www.kirmiziperfect.com/titancalc-anniversary-edition/TitanCalc9128.html?mastery=Sorcerer&master1=6&master2=8&sa=0&m1=32-0-0-12-12-1-8-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-12-8-8-0-0-6-0-0&m2=32-0-10-1-0-8-1-0-12-0-0-0-6-12-0-0-1-1-0-8-0-0

or

https://www.kirmiziperfect.com/titancalc-anniversary-edition/TitanCalc85ef.html?mastery=Magician&master1=6&master2=1&sa=0&m1=32-0-0-12-12-1-8-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-12-8-8-0-0-6-0-0-0&m2=32-12-0-8-1-0-0-1-0-0-10-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-12-0-12-0-0

You'll eventually want to replace your epic SB cuffs with the legendary version (385 dex). You need int and dex for damage of course. Disarm traps is a good 1 point wonder skill to have here. Traps and constructs are immune to bleed and poison. Disarm traps take care of that and with your gear it becomes lvl 5. Definitely a good 1 point wonder

There you have it. Very easy to make and very easy to farm gear. You'll be surprised that it actually kills fast

notes: you need 120 str to wear epic SB cuffs and 144 for legendary.. just wear items that give some + to str.. casting speed from items is also good for this build.. you can also add a few points to strength to open more options for your other items but in my case i never needed to.. rogue mastery gives +56 to str anyways so that's 106 str with no items.. resistance reduction not from a weapon (like Polaris or monkey kings trickery) is gold for this build (actually it's a must in legendary).. also, see that attack damage converted to health from elemental rage? that would take you a long way.. but it must not be from a weapon

Now this is only for the mage version. I have also tried this with a knifethrower assassin and illusionist. Though for those builds, throwing knife is only used to reduce resistances and to proc granted skills. See here for a knifethrower Illusionist. For a knifethrower assassin, you have to stack CDR so you'll be able to spam battle standard. Traps deal really good damage with battle standard. You also have to wear Key of Elysium (2 KOEs if you have) to summon ancestral warriors. It procs with knives and the recharge is only 6 seconds so you can summon multiple warriors. Now wear a mbutis advocate on secondary to proc study prey (it also procs with knives). It's like an assassin version of the petmaster champion. It's more gear intensive and harder to make but it's also more powerful imo

update for ragnarok:

Dex requirement for epic SB cuffs has been raised to 307 and 425 for legendary version. Str requirement likewise has been raised to 132 for epic and 170 for legendary. Doesn’t really mean much because lvl requirement is still the same. Just have to focus on dex and str more. Ragnarok also have Eitr charms which gives flat elemental damage and it is confirmed by at least 1 user that 2x Eitr on rings is worth for this build (credit to Gautrec).

This is actually playable self-found even for new players but a different route is needed. New players start with int instead of dex and become an ice-sharder. Of course storm would be the first mastery to take. When you finally have +4 to all skills or at least to rogue, start putting points in dex and eventually respec to throwing knives. You can also put some points in dex earlier like late normal or early epic for preparation for epic SB cuffs.

What does throwing knives offer that ice shards doesn’t? Better damage, confusion, higher DA because of dex, ability to life/mana steal, and access to spear or throwing weapons again because of dex

video link
Spoiler for Hiden:

Not sure how throwing knives have zero recharge...did you mean with gear? Although you mentioned this build is also good for self-funded chars...thanks!
Lvl 65 Bone Charmer, lvl 43 Conqueror

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: 02 September 2020, 23:04:07 »
Not sure how throwing knives have zero recharge...did you mean with gear? Although you mentioned this build is also good for self-funded chars...thanks!
yes. they changed TK quite a bit in AE. chance to pass through has been reduced to 10% chance but now you don't need CDR. you only need +4 and CD will be zero. if you have ragnarok, scironian helm and armor (+1 to rogue each) easy to farm from Sciron and the other bandits there. epic version +2. hallowed helm can be bought from merchants. also +1 to rogue amulet. then there is always SB cuffs.
be sure to equip occult ring

edit: start with squall when playing SSF. golden fleece relic
« Last Edit: 02 September 2020, 23:11:33 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bobinho11

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: 02 September 2020, 23:12:03 »
Thanks! Gathering the courage to buy ragnarok and atlantis because i am playing on console...i worry it will be buggy + i am spoiled from all the years of using the defiler and tq vault :/ cant really get my collector addiction on if there is a limited amount of characters you can create (for muling gear)

Edit: was thinking of going with earth actually

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #48 on: 03 September 2020, 05:17:47 »
yes. they changed TK quite a bit in AE. chance to pass through has been reduced to 10% chance but now you don't need CDR. you only need +4 and CD will be zero. if you have ragnarok, scironian helm and armor (+1 to rogue each) easy to farm from Sciron and the other bandits there. epic version +2. hallowed helm can be bought from merchants. also +1 to rogue amulet. then there is always SB cuffs.
be sure to equip occult ring

edit: start with squall when playing SSF. golden fleece relic
You can't get Act5 + Atlantis's M.I helm armor with "Hallowed" prefix. All M.I armor parts in Act5+Atlantis using affixes of torso armor.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: 03 September 2020, 05:32:54 »
there's a dot. it's 2 different sentences. it just means either scironian helm or hallowed helm, whichever is found first

edit: also, stop trying to find faults in every person's posts. it's not very nice
« Last Edit: 03 September 2020, 05:36:12 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #50 on: 03 September 2020, 05:52:23 »
OK!
So i will never comment anything in your thread from now  O0

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bobinho11

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: 03 September 2020, 10:16:56 »
But if you can  easily spam TK with +4 to skills, you could use any other mastery as a support mastery right? Not just storm or earth? For example something to support health, str, dex

And noob question: what does SFF mean?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: 03 September 2020, 10:53:23 »
yes but the thing is, TK carries flat damages that are meant to be added to weapons. that's why i chose storm because storm nimbus damage is added to TK.
but to answer your question, yes. i had an old warfare + rogue pre-ragnarok character that uses TK + battle standard. the flat physical damage from battle standard is added to TK. but that is even more gear dependent because it also needs high CDR to cast battle standard immediately after the duration ends

btw, it's the same for traps. you only need +4 then it will have zero CD. only, it will not carry damages that are added to weapons. but it carries damages that are added to pets. basically, traps are pets in AE.

SSF means Solo Self Found
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bobinho11

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: 03 September 2020, 10:59:45 »
I see, thanks for clearing that up!

I am thinking i will try Earth then, because Storm is my least favorite mastery...

I DO have a lvl 73 bone charmer but i dont have the time or energy to farm for stuff, especially.on console where you cannot affect drop rate.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bobinho11

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: 04 September 2020, 23:40:28 »
Just found a really nice green amulet on epic that gives +2 to rogue and 411 health, but lvl requirement is 34 :/ why so high?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: 05 September 2020, 05:40:18 »
Just found a really nice green amulet on epic that gives +2 to rogue and 411 health, but lvl requirement is 34 :/ why so high?
probably "of permanence" suffix
you can check tq-db for affixes too
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bobinho11

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: 11 September 2020, 23:46:32 »

Quick question about your guide...i just hit lvl 25 and it has become super fun with +4. My dex is 320. Should i pump everything into int now or keep pushing dex until i have enough for legendary sb cuffs?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: 12 September 2020, 00:10:36 »

Quick question about your guide...i just hit lvl 25 and it has become super fun with +4. My dex is 320. Should i pump everything into int now or keep pushing dex until i have enough for legendary sb cuffs?
my practice, which some people might not like, is just save your stat points. i mean your damage is fine. your DA is likely fine. so you don't need to spend them now. 1 drop of rings of the rhine could change things. or when you get to epic, if phorkos trident drops, that needs a lot of dex which you might not have enough if you spend everything on int now
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bobinho11

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: 12 September 2020, 00:21:02 »
Thanks! Most of my gear is str and melee oriented though..so i am a bit confused if i should go with a staff or not...but i stopped using my normal attack now since i hit lvl 25 anyway......

Not Yet Rated!

Offline kalimon

• Master of Spirit
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #59 on: 16 September 2022, 17:38:14 »
Hi bote, i had a quick question that I haven’t been able to find an answer for yet.

Does throwing knife transmit additional bleed damage if the held weapon is slotted with Saber Claw/Yen-Lo-Wang? Trying to max out bleed damage on my Warlock atm but not sure if it’s worth double stacking or going for another relic
AER/A Mobile Deathless x3:
Bleed caster Warlock / hybrid melee Oracle / caster Conjurer

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal