Author Topic: Returning to TQ (+Ragnarok)  (Read 96054 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Returning to TQ (+Ragnarok)
« Reply #135 on: 30 April 2018, 21:42:11 »
give ice shard a chance.. i don't even want to post here anymore but since you at least provided your titancalc link.. well
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #136 on: 30 April 2018, 21:47:17 »
Just about managed Cerberus, with 80% poison resist and a scroll of the sky's rage.
Although the scroll didn't last long enough to kill it so I had to be a bit more careful afterward, especially trying to resummon pets after that room-sized aoe attack.

Yes, you do.  It's the same build with some of the skill points bought back at a Mystic and put in other skills or the mastery bars.

Actually it has like 10 or 20 more points than the one I posted.
So I don't really know where I can leave points out.

If it had the same number of points in total, then yes I could respec really easily.

i don't even want to post here anymore
I get it, only bad player here and it's probably frustrating trying to help because no matter how good your advice is, I still manage to fail.
It's not your advice, it's me that's the problem. I mean I'm trying but I can only do so much.

You aren't obligated to help me and this thread isn't entirely a "help the worst noob get through normal" thread (It's kinda just me getting back into TQ and the new dlc, bit of help, bit of just talking about it). I can understand getting frustrated trying to help the only bad player here and wondering what the hell is wrong with this guy that they can't beat normal, so used to only seeing good players here. All I can do is apologize for that, I can only be who I am.
« Last Edit: 30 April 2018, 21:53:27 by Deepblue »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #137 on: 30 April 2018, 22:04:34 »
No, it doesn't.  By the time you buy back the skill points and reallocate them you get exactly the same build.  Also you have not used the rewarded skill points icon towards the top right to put in the bonus points you should have received from quests - 7 in total.  Compare his TitanCalc to yours and you'll see the differences.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #138 on: 30 April 2018, 22:10:18 »
That link is for level 40 with all the reward points up to IT like you shown. If you're at level 40 thats what you should have, if you are below that than sure you have less.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #139 on: 30 April 2018, 22:12:06 »
No, it doesn't.  By the time you buy back the skill points and reallocate them you get exactly the same build.  Also you have not used the rewarded skill points icon towards the top right to put in the bonus points you should have received from quests - 7 in total.  Compare his TitanCalc to yours and you'll see the differences.

All I did was screenshot my mastery menu screens and copy all the points down.
I don't understand....

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #140 on: 01 May 2018, 15:45:27 »
If you completed Wusao and killed Typhon you shouldn't be challenged by any other content in normal. Maybe Hades palace with Dactyls. Act V is hello kitty adventure island in normal and epic.

All I did was screenshot my mastery menu screens and copy all the points down.
I don't understand....
Man, you're too good at wasting other people's time, but you promised us screenshots

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #141 on: 01 May 2018, 18:36:26 »
Sorry, I'm trying my best.
Can't help it if I'm overall completely worthless.

But I can tell I don't belong here and not wanted.
I guess I'm just getting even more shitty by the day if it only takes a week or two to be an annoyance without even trying to be.

also while I did kill Typhon, any time I've done it, it's never been easy and always taken a very long time to do.
« Last Edit: 01 May 2018, 19:14:38 by Deepblue »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #142 on: 01 May 2018, 19:14:13 »
Its by no means best. It should at least sound reasonable. As it was I cannot tell what it is that made you freak out in tower, that didn't happen in the necromanteion already or on the road there. Machae in the tower are bad, but those outside are not? What about lancers and undead on Wusao, they were all crap I guess, not even worth mention. I asked you to describe what exactly happens too, together with the stats, remember? Before I assume you're writing from imagination, just like with berserker.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #143 on: 01 May 2018, 19:19:12 »
Well with the machae just before the tower, they were mostly regular types and rarely a single higher ranking one in the group.
The tower though had a lot of them.

with the lancers, I just cast plague and ran away from them and let the wolves sort them out since they were fixed on attacking me and not the wolves.

Actually a lot of the enocunters I had were simply to cast plague and run off, maybe in circles if the enemies are slow enough that they don't hit me.
That's it, that's my strategy a lot of the time.

Cerberus was worrying me due to it's aoe attack since it fills the entire room and while I can move between the cracks, I can avoid those and the boss's poison breath at the same time.
But you suggested using a scroll and that I did. I honestly didn't even know you could stun bosses.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #144 on: 02 May 2018, 15:02:40 »
Dactyl blocking the way at Hades's place, destroys my summons immediately in one hit and I get perma stunned and die.
Can't kite it because it's too fast and stuns me before I can get a spell off.

My gear is mostly just found stuff, mostly extra energy, energy regen, Int. increase, that sorta thing.
Jewellry is all elemental damage pet gear and the staff has +1 to nature.

I also respecced my skills to what Mammoth_hunter posted.
I'm level 39 but I had some extra points left somehow (think it might be due to the +1 to nature since I tried to compare the numbers) so I put those into the storm mastery.
« Last Edit: 02 May 2018, 18:56:06 by Deepblue »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #145 on: 04 May 2018, 20:23:56 »
Ok I think I may be halfway through Hades palace now.
Undead Typhon was a pushover since he doesn't have AOEs (good new for summons) and attacks were easy to dodge.

Most enemies are easy enough, just the Dactyl (I hope he doesn't spawn anywhere near me again), machae champions and the quest related machae are giving me a hard time.
I can get through groups of regular melinoe and machae easily enough with barely a scratch (though the melinoe mages are a bit annoying with those bloodpools)

Then I just need to somehow get enough vitality resistance to survive Hades long enough to put a dent in him.
I do have leg gear with movement speed increase, not sure if it'll be enough to outrun those blood pools and dodge the many projectiles at the same time and I have no idea if my summons will last since vitality damage tends to nuke them.

and then onto Ragnarok.....I hope.....and then....maybe epic although I doubt I'll get that far.

Speaking of Dactyl, why is he considered a quest related (purple named) enemy? Wasn't aware he was part of a quest.
Always thought Dactyl was referring to the champion gigantes since I don't think I ever saw him otherwise until AE.
« Last Edit: 04 May 2018, 20:28:13 by Deepblue »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #146 on: 08 May 2018, 21:06:50 »
Are caster types the absolute hardest to play?
Like, are they best left to good players?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #147 on: 08 May 2018, 21:28:59 »
Deeblue i will be breaking my promise of not posting in your thread anymore.. I'm mad at myself

i did not start this game as a good player but rather as one struggling with the mechanics or just how this game plays out.. but i did start this game as a self-found caster.. and i did finish the game albeit with some deaths but that should be expected from a new player

to know which types are hardest to play, you should try the different types yourself.. casters are very strong early game.. have you ever started as an icesharder? an earth auramancer? a distortion wave dream caster? those are the kings of early game.. the gripe about casters is they wane in legendary.. but as I've said before if you know what you're doing it will not wane.. when i started this game, i didn't.. but being strong early game that allowed me to advance far enough to slowly learn about the game

to answer your question: the hardest to play are hybrids imo.. those not specializing on the fighter part nor mage part, but attempts to balance both worlds

edit: rune transmutation hybrid which ignores str is a fake hybrid in my book
« Last Edit: 09 May 2018, 13:05:38 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #148 on: 09 May 2018, 12:38:04 »
Deeblue i will be breaking my promise of not posting in your thread anymore.. I'm mad at myself
Then why? You aren't obligated to do so. I don't mean it like I don't want help or answers or in a "You don't want to be here so get out you aren't welcome" kind of way, I just mean you clearly don't want to, so you shouldn't have to.
I get it, I'm not wanted here and all I had to do was exist, all I had to do was register, didn't have to do anything to cause this but be myself. I guess I'm just desperate to see more of the game like I am with any game I ever play and since I was in the old forum and I've just started AE, this would be the best time to start a thread to talk about all the new stuff, ask about stuff, that sorta thing.

but i did start this game as a self-found caster.. and i did finish the game albeit with some deaths but that should be expected from a new player
So you figured out pretty early what suits you best, I can imagine everyone did this as well. Obviously this would make things a hell of a lot easier.
I still can't, I can't figure out what suits me because I like everything and I don't even know what my playstyle is, if I even have one.

After playing the game so much and playing pretty much every mastery in one combo or another, I do have an idea what few mastery combos I like best though.
But I don't know which one works best for me. The one for me.

to know which types are hardest to play, you should try the different types yourself
I think I've tried every mastery possible at this point, I've played this game a hell of a lot to the point where some people think I'm only playing this game and asking if I actually like anything else...

have you ever started as an icesharder? an earth auramancer? a distortion wave dream caster?
That's getting very, very specific.
I'd just look at builds and see what looks like fun and try it.
Having no idea if the build I'm trying is a good one or not.

but as I've said before if you know what you're doing it will not wane
Oh......I mean.....I have the very basics down but reading through threads here (as well as in the old forum), I'd see posts where I have no idea what anyone's talking about because, as far as I'm concerned, it's all super advanced stuff.

to answer your question: the hardest to play are hybrids imo.. those not specializing on the fighter part nor mage part, but attempts to balance both worlds
Yeah I'd figure those would be hard. At least I've never had the nerve to try them.
Might have tried a sword and shield juggernaut at one point but not for long.
« Last Edit: 09 May 2018, 12:42:36 by Deepblue »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Gautrec

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #149 on: 09 May 2018, 12:46:03 »
Regarding the difficulty of playing a hybrid: sure, the use of multiple damage types that require investment into multiple different attributes (like a phys/ele damage hybrid) are the most difficult to play correctly; yet, on the other hand, caster/melee hybrids seem to be a lot easier to gear, skill, etc. with Ragnarok due to the Rune mastery. In fact, I would probably suggest such a hybrid (e.g. a Stonespeaker) to a newer player that wants to play a caster, since, with that, you always have at least the option to fall back onto some amount of weapon-based attacks (which scales so much better in the late game). The elemental conversion of the "Transmutation" skill is kind of OP that way  ;)

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal