Author Topic: [RESOURCES] Custom Models & Skins  (Read 487600 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: [RESOURCES] Custom Models & Skins
« Reply #1140 on: 23 March 2023, 20:46:33 »
Another great models. I can't wait to see them in game. By the way, I have a question, could you give her long black hair like you presented her to us at the very beginning?
Which hair do you have in mind?

The link on my previous post is updated with more pictures.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Antar36

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #1141 on: 23 March 2023, 21:45:27 »
PAGE 75 Reply 1118 4.March.2023 First picture.

Rated 1 time
Excellent

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1142 on: 24 March 2023, 02:31:22 »
« Last Rated on: 24 March 2023, 12:21:33 »
PAGE 75 Reply 1118 4.March.2023 First picture.
Sure, thanks for reminding me! With the Hair Helper there should be no problem to port that hair, long as it is.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Diego982

• Titan Quest is not just a game, is a Mythology
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1143 on: 24 March 2023, 20:20:17 »
OK, here is the latest progress - the nude pack is started. Transferring textures between models seems to work, but it turns out textures from most other games are too "plain" to fit Titan Quest. But anyway, the new female textures are still better than before... here is a preview (nudity warning, you have to confirm your age):
https://imgur.com/a/y7tZIdO
Ported textures or not, this should become the best nude skin pack i made so far... and i can always use these textures as a base for clothed skins too. Thanks Diego for your idea  :D

Hi, sorry for not have answer earlier, RL things and all of that.

It's all of us who thank you.

All your work with TQ are simply amazing. I know that sometimes it must get boring and tiresome, but, with a game like TQ, the end result it's rewarding.

Thank you

P.S.: The models are incredible, can't believe what I've saw! Truly is better than I thought it could be.
« Last Edit: 24 March 2023, 20:23:11 by Diego982 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1144 on: 24 March 2023, 23:32:12 »
Thank you too! Your words really warm my heart. Btw, the pack is done (16 skins), just remains to organize the files, make previews, etc. The hair requested by Antar36 is ported, also i added loincloths with all dye colors to the skins, so the model can be topless or nude, depending on the mesh you use.

Here is a preview of gray dye + the new hair (partial nudity warning):
Spoiler for Hiden:

Rated 2 times
Excellent

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1145 on: 25 March 2023, 08:55:03 »
« Last Rated on: 25 March 2023, 12:59:11 »
Uploaded to Nexus and Mega:

Preview (partial nudity):
Spoiler for Hiden:
List of skins:
Spoiler for Hiden:
See the ReadMe file inside for features and info.

Links:
https://www.nexusmods.com/titanquestanniversaryedition/mods/12
https://mega.nz/file/QKpSHRzS#JtCFR7fddCV4NoRy6fwiLxH5qkFsIqDvX_DLxCsUwSQ

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Antar36

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1146 on: 25 March 2023, 09:36:48 »
Thanks!!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Diego982

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1147 on: 25 March 2023, 12:59:38 »
Thanks man  ;D

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1148 on: 29 March 2023, 15:46:40 »
The next pack will be similar to the previous - nude/seminude, only this time i'm adding tattoos and jewelry to the skins to make them more interesting.
Early preview (mature content):

https://imgur.com/a/PagyRbe

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Diego982

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1149 on: 29 March 2023, 17:46:23 »
The next pack will be similar to the previous - nude/seminude, only this time i'm adding tattoos and jewelry to the skins to make them more interesting.
Early preview (mature content):

https://imgur.com/a/PagyRbe

Incredible skins and ideas for each of them :D

One thing that I want to say is,in the distant future, if that is your intention, using the recent skin that you've showed in the preview, but changing the color of the dyes in each specific act but not the skin of the character.

For instance; I'm using the greek olive nubian skin, when I enter the Egyptian Act I bought in Rhakotis an White Egyptian dye, that one still retaining your original nubian skin, only adorned with the egyptian clothing theme.

I don't even think that it is something that can be done in the TQ Engine of the game, so it's more an idea than anything else.

I'm sorry if I am asking something impossible, and I don't want to take the fun of your playing nargil66. Above all, Titan Quest is the fun journey that we all have in this great ARPG title.

If it's not possible, then I'm still more than happy with all that you've done regarding the skins in the game.

Frankly speaking, the developers itself should take a look into it, because a proper addition of the choice of the ethnicity of the character, let's say a chinese, or indian, or nubian skin for male and female in the beginning of the game, etc would contribute for the world setting of the game (even if initially based in the Greek Mythology, TQ evolved to add many more world mythologies and cultures of the races of the Ancient times).

Anyway, sorry for this long wall of text.

Thank you for all

8)

« Last Edit: 29 March 2023, 17:48:18 by Diego982 »

Rated 2 times
Excellent

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1150 on: 30 March 2023, 01:35:39 »
« Last Rated on: 30 March 2023, 13:14:05 »
Regarding your ideas, i think that they might be possible, at least to some degree...
Let say I take the female model and on the base texture make transparent everything except the accessories and clothing... then I attach another female model (plain nude with tattoos at most, attached, because attached meshes doesn't get affected when using dyes) with exactly the same shape on top of the first, and it uses monster template to appear with randomized skin of different races. I noticed this strange thing when making the Skin Randomizer like 2 years ago - when two exact meshes are equipped on top of each other, one of the two overlaps the texture of the other mesh. But what happens IF one of the meshes is always present (attached), and the other one is almost fully transparent except for the clothing/accessories? I cannot say yet, but thank you for the wonderful idea, it's definitely worth testing.

Edit - After doing some tests, the idea works! I had to make the "accessory mesh'' 1 centimeter bigger in all directions than the attached nude mesh, otherwise there were some texture glitches... but after doing that, it worked out perfectly! Your idea may have just sparked a revolution in skin mods for this game, Diego. Now both the character hair AND race (skin color) can be picked manually or made random, depending on preference...

Edit 2 - Here are some previews (censored nudity):
Spoiler for Hiden:
Base Asian nude skin (attached thinner mesh) + completely transparent accessory layer (dye-able and wider base character mesh)

Same Asian skin, only this time the accessory layer has Egyptian skirt, jewelry and makeup

This new system, based on your idea can save a lot of time actually. I no longer have to rework all skin packs for every slight change on character face or skin (the eyes for example). i just have to remake only the base skin... and all ACTUAL dyes will be just clothing, accessories and makeup (maybe even base hair color)? This is totally awesome man!

Here is an example of how a dye texture will look in the future:

Another example for full Egyptian body paint overlay with 2 different base skin colors (Greek and Nubian):

I start reworking all skin packs today to adapt them to the new system. Wish me luck :D

Btw:
Spoiler for Hiden:
in the distant future
"Greetings from the distant future, human" :D
« Last Edit: 30 March 2023, 11:42:45 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Antar36

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1151 on: 30 March 2023, 13:23:54 »
Of course we wish you luck. This is a very ambitious undertaking. In my opinion, however, the current system works well, you can easily change your character even during the game. I have a suggestion. There is a very good Androktasia model in your Pantheon Mod. In my opinion, if the horns were removed and the hooves were replaced with normal feet, it would be a great model of an evil nymph, something like the unseelie nymph from dnd.

Rated 1 time
Excellent

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1152 on: 30 March 2023, 13:42:42 »
« Last Rated on: 30 March 2023, 20:23:35 »
I will see what i can do about the Unseelie nymph in the future. But right now im just too hyped to implement the new system... this is pretty much the base of NewSkins 3!
In my opinion, however, the current system works well, you can easily change your character even during the game.
Normal skins work just fine with the new system as well, so you don't lose anything. They just overlap the attached model completely, without any noticeable difference.
Personally, i find it more convenient to have a certain skin color that persist through the entire game (whatever your choise is). We go to a shop to buy clothes and jewelry, but if i go and buy clothes from Africa, that wont make me black-skinned. It's just more realistic and adds even more variety.
« Last Edit: 30 March 2023, 13:48:55 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Diego982

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1153 on: 30 March 2023, 14:19:28 »
Regarding your ideas, i think that they might be possible, at least to some degree...
Let say I take the female model and on the base texture make transparent everything except the accessories and clothing... then I attach another female model (plain nude with tattoos at most, attached, because attached meshes doesn't get affected when using dyes) with exactly the same shape on top of the first, and it uses monster template to appear with randomized skin of different races. I noticed this strange thing when making the Skin Randomizer like 2 years ago - when two exact meshes are equipped on top of each other, one of the two overlaps the texture of the other mesh. But what happens IF one of the meshes is always present (attached), and the other one is almost fully transparent except for the clothing/accessories? I cannot say yet, but thank you for the wonderful idea, it's definitely worth testing.

Edit - After doing some tests, the idea works! I had to make the "accessory mesh'' 1 centimeter bigger in all directions than the attached nude mesh, otherwise there were some texture glitches... but after doing that, it worked out perfectly! Your idea may have just sparked a revolution in skin mods for this game, Diego. Now both the character hair AND race (skin color) can be picked manually or made random, depending on preference...

Edit 2 - Here are some previews (censored nudity):
Spoiler for Hiden:
Base Asian nude skin (attached thinner mesh) + completely transparent accessory layer (dye-able and wider base character mesh)

Same Asian skin, only this time the accessory layer has Egyptian skirt, jewelry and makeup

This new system, based on your idea can save a lot of time actually. I no longer have to rework all skin packs for every slight change on character face or skin (the eyes for example). i just have to remake only the base skin... and all ACTUAL dyes will be just clothing, accessories and makeup (maybe even base hair color)? This is totally awesome man!

Here is an example of how a dye texture will look in the future:

Another example for full Egyptian body paint overlay with 2 different base skin colors (Greek and Nubian):

I start reworking all skin packs today to adapt them to the new system. Wish me luck :D

Btw:
Spoiler for Hiden:
in the distant future
"Greetings from the distant future, human" :D

Wow, that's really great news!!!

I don't even believe that this would be possible, amazing!

Nargil66, it is all your merit, I just had an idea based on your work. Of course we all wish you all the luck possible and, also, glad that it make your work a bit more simple. Don't worry about time, the best mods take a long time to be perfected, so, work on it when you have free time, we all appreciate your work on TQ.

« Last Edit: 30 March 2023, 14:26:09 by Diego982 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Antar36

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1154 on: 30 March 2023, 20:28:19 »
I will see what i can do about the Unseelie nymph in the future. But right now im just too hyped to implement the new system... this is pretty much the base of NewSkins 3!
In my opinion, however, the current system works well, you can easily change your character even during the game.
Normal skins work just fine with the new system as well, so you don't lose anything. They just overlap the attached model completely, without any noticeable difference.
Personally, i find it more convenient to have a certain skin color that persist through the entire game (whatever your choise is). We go to a shop to buy clothes and jewelry, but if i go and buy clothes from Africa, that wont make me black-skinned. It's just more realistic and adds even more variety.

I don't change skins often, so it's not about changing. I thought you were getting tired. The new system seems to me hellishly difficult and complicated to implement. So good luck
« Last Edit: 30 March 2023, 20:30:27 by Antar36 »

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal