Author Topic: Been ages, just a few questions...  (Read 1927 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline TheBonobo4

• TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Been ages, just a few questions...
« on: 29 December 2022, 10:21:17 »
Hey everybody, been ages since I last visited here or even played Titan Quest! I've got a new laptop running Windows 10, and had a recent desire to start playing the game again with the Steam version. Just a few questions though.

1. If I download the Anniversary Edition from Steam, it comes with Ragnarok, Atlantis, and something else that I've never heard of. Does all of this work on all difficulties, or are some sections or Acts only on Legendary or Epic difficulties?
2. Does Xmax work with everything? I know in the past, Xmax didn't work with certain boses, I can think of one in Act 2 Egypt that definitely didn't work properly with Xmax.
3. If Xmax does work, do I need to download it separately, or is it pre-installed with Steam TQAE?
4. Do I need to download any bug fixes, or things like TQ Vault or the Editor (whose name I cannot remember, but it was made by SoulSeeker if I remember correctly, it allowed you to turn on mods like turn off night, infinite potion stacking etc).
5. Not very important, but I see there are 2 new masteries, and with the extra quests involved, what is the new max level? It was 75 in TQIT, but I feel it got changed to 85 at some point? And are all the masteries in TQIT the same, or have they been changed slightly?

I think that's it for now. But if I think of anything else I'll ask. :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: Been ages, just a few questions...
« Reply #1 on: 29 December 2022, 16:41:17 »
Hi TheBonobo4, long time no see.  Good to have you back again.

1.  Unless you bought the expansions separately or bought the bundle, no those aren't included in the AE version of the game.  AE is basically the old TQ and IT expansion made into one game now rather than being separate.  Ragnarok and Atlantis can be played on all difficulties, but Eternal Embers is a Legendary only expansion.  However you can make a Legendary Hero when creating a character and start at the beginning of Eternal Embers if you want to.  There is some starting gear available a short way after you begin, but probably better to have stuff in the transfer stash.

2/3.  Not sure if the latest versions of Xmax works with EE or not and no, you'd need to subscribe to the mod in Steam workshop and install it that way.

4. No.  TQVault still works although there's a more up to date version now.  The old TQDefiler hasn't worked for a long time.  None of the mods in it worked with the AE base version to start with and it's just gotten worse with each expansion.  There is a bugfix mod in the workshop; it also adds a few things to the game as well iirc.  Haven't tried it myself.

5. New max is L85 which was introduced with Ragnarok.  Mastery bars now go up to L40 if you have Atlantis and have some new skills at that level.  I think there's been some tweaking with some mastery skills. 

Not Yet Rated!

Offline TheBonobo4

• TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 29 December 2022, 23:03:04 »
The bundle is currently on Steam and contains Titan Quest Anniversary Edition, with Ragnarok, Atlantis, and Eternal Embers all included. It's currently on sale for £21, normal price £68. I'm tempted to buy it.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline TheBonobo4

• TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 30 December 2022, 10:44:40 »
Okay I've bought the game bundle of TQAE, Ragnarok, Atlantis, and Eternal Embers, from Steam. I see you said Xmax is available from the Workshop, I'm guessing it is the version by Lean? That seems to be the correct one, I just want to make sure.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #4 on: 30 December 2022, 11:17:24 »
I've no idea tbh.  Look for the most recent one and check that's it's updated is all I can suggest.  Not sure any of them have been updated for Embers yet. 

If you have Ragnarok installed then that becomes the final Act before you can change difficulties. Atlantis is an optional expansion you can play any time you reach Rhodes.  Some play it before doing the IT content, others wait until they've done that and still others don't do it until they've done Ragnarok.  And some skip it entirely because they don't like it much.  Embers is Legendary only, but you do have the optional once you clear the first foes and enter the Summer Palace to jump back to Legendary Helos and run through from there or you can go to the Legendary Ragnarok content and run from there.
« Last Edit: 30 December 2022, 11:31:01 by MedeaFleecestealer »

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal