Author Topic: Legion of Champions Eternal Embers Alpha Download  (Read 17550 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
Re: Legion of Champions Eternal Embers Alpha Download
« Reply #75 on: 06 January 2023, 20:16:02 »
I am closing this alpha test run.

The feedback I got was really helpful and I want to thank all of you that pitched in. I will leave the download in the OP link but I am going to reassess the mod.

I fixed a lot of broken things that I had missed before which is great.

It seems that everyone expected more summons and more monsters than I have in this version. It started me thinking about what I like to play myself and I agreed.

I am going to retool the mod again with an emphasis on lots of monsters and lots of summons.

I guess after all these years I fell into the trap of trying too hard to make something that appeals to a larger demographic when in reality I don't care about the average gamer since they already have the base game which is better for that than I could ever design :))

I like a fast paced game with hair raising excitement but I don't like difficulty challenges. If I did I would play Tartarus or the Hardcore dungeon which already exist or even watch the many Titan Quest YouTubers that showcase interesting builds and equipment load-outs to beat the base game.

That means redoing the balance on summons skills and monsters so I want to start working on that right away.

Again, thank you for playing my mod and feel free to enjoy what I have already made in the OP link.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #76 on: 06 January 2023, 21:33:04 »
I dont understand

Are you making a complete new version of the mod ?

I think the state of the alpha version is well done, the density and the pets state level ( i only played with spirit-nature-neidan so far) are cool.

Tartarus for me i dont care that much, its kinda boring , the hardcore dungeon, it what can be interesting at some point, just to test or face new dangerous-rewarding or be a diferent path than farm bosses and relog.

Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Conan008

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #77 on: 15 January 2023, 00:07:03 »
Good mode. I like it very much. I play a Conquerer on level 13 in Megara (Greece).

There's a skill that seems like a bug. In the "Defender" Skill tree, the "Shield Sling" at level 4 does not work. I can't use ist.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Conan008

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: 22 January 2023, 16:43:37 »
Fantastic mode. I'm now level 34 and arrived in Egypt at the end of Act 2 Normal. I'm very excited to see how the following acts will turn out, including Ragnarok and Atlantis. Farming satyr claws for the new artefact in Act 1 was a bit more tedious than all the other relics,... Some of the mega bosses in Egypt are already over level 40 and were really awesome. The level of difficulty is just right. I'm making good progress and having fun, running through all areas twice to be able to collect more special green and blue items (with and without set bonuses) for my char. And the best thing is, I play a conqueror (warrior and defender) and have 4 different types or 6 permanent companions at my side. And my items together give me +5 to all attributes. The changes / adjustments to the game mechanics, the loot system, the change / adjustment of skills or skill properties and the many bosses improve the gaming experience in conjunction with the beta patch.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline huzhanshao

• Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: 02 April 2023, 07:20:58 »
Hello, I really love this mod. It is so wonderful, Thank you for your effort.

A few years ago, I played a previous version of it, and I was very amazed by the new special areas in the map. The new version no longer seems to include these, will they come back? Anyway, this is still a great mod.

Wonder if you are still working on this mod and will you release it to the Steam Workshop? I am really looking forward to its official release.

Thank you again for what you have done.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: 02 April 2023, 14:53:20 »
Hopefully BG will bring back the new areas in the new version he's going to be working on. 

Didn't realise that the mastery bars themselves also give pet bonuses.

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: 03 April 2023, 13:38:33 »
Okayl, not fun BG.  >:(  Can't damage him and then he sent all my pets and me to sleep.  Only way out before dying was to hit the K key to get back to the last rebirth fountain. 

Not Yet Rated!

Offline huzhanshao

• Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: 16 April 2023, 21:36:21 »
I found a 'party box' today when I defeated a monster. Its music and colorful paper excited me. How surprising! It's really an amusing mod. Hopefully you haven't given up on updates. Looking forward to you bringing more interesting content to this mod. ^-^

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: 30 May 2023, 11:03:09 »
Rather sad - the Shield Sling skill in Defense mastery doesn't work.  Just freezes my character in place until I click elsewhere on the map to move him.  No attempt to sling his shield at foes.  :(

Not Yet Rated!

Offline lughsamildanach

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +10
« Reply #84 on: 11 September 2023, 15:51:06 »
Shield Sling doesn't seem to work. My character just freezes in place.

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: 12 September 2023, 07:47:04 »
Welcome to the forum.   :)

This version is no longer being worked on.  See this thread for future versions of this mod.

https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1756.0

Not Yet Rated!

Offline wynterknight

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: 03 January 2024, 06:26:23 »
I've gotten stuck on the Shade of the Dark Satyr right before Hades, and it's impossible to progress. I've got maxed out fire and stun resist and a bit of physical resist, but I keep being stun-locked and one-shot by him, and I have no idea what to do. I don't even know what is one-shotting me--sometimes it's his stupid multiple rocks from the sky, sometimes it's seemingly nothing. All of my summons are immediately getting killed, so my entire build is apparently worthless for this one single fight. It's infuriating when bosses are suddenly ridiculously overpowered and play by different rules than everything else in the game. Is there some way to at least deactivate the environmental stunning effect?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Manushkalimbas

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: 19 February 2024, 08:25:41 »
I registered only to write this review.
First of all good job on the mod, all the new features are awesome, BUT the difficulty level is asolutely bonkers.The first demon i encounter for the dowry ....fucks me up .I hae to use a couple of potions to kill him.After that the three undead kings ....I couldnt kill the warrior one even after ganking him up with all my pets and slowly eating away at his health.He restores it again in a moment.Davy jones the pirate..... Unkillable.All the boss monster you created - immortal.
In the end i own a business and i deal with an immense amount of stress and at the end of the day i just want to sit back and enjoy some serious sam monster killing.Instead i get demolished like a bitch.I dont have the time or knowledge to learn how to tweak the mod to reduce the difficulty 3 fold , but I think like the Cataclysm mod you shoud have one that is easy and one that is hard...
That's all folks.

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: 19 February 2024, 09:13:16 »
Welcome to the forum.   :)

What class are you playing in the mod?

Also Bumbleguppy has given up modding the game and now nargil66 is taking over developing a new version of the mod for us to play.

https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1756.0

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Manushkalimbas

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: 19 February 2024, 11:47:50 »
I am playing Hunter and storm with the idea to have strong summons and a decent multy-type damage channel.
I am lvl 14 and cannot progress as expected so I have stopped paying .Just to clarify i am no stranger to rpg games i have thousands of hours in TQ and IT  and here i suddenly suck big time. LOL  :) :) 8) 8) :P :P ::) ::) O0 C:-)

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal