Author Topic: Mystwalker's Petmancer Illusionist Guide  (Read 3648 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Mystwalker's Petmancer Illusionist Guide
« on: 13 August 2018, 11:53:01 »
Petmancer Illusionist 101:
This is part guide, part resource manual. The petmancer illusionist is very straightforward (at least the path I took). This build starts out and in fact plays almost all the way through Normal as a straight Wanderer. Tyr made a great guide for beginning Wanderers. I would recommend anyone thinking of playing a petmancer start there, it has some great ideas for early on.
The end gear load out has 2 options. The first is -100 recharge. The second is more for resists. The difference between the two sets, is two items. Crest of Hypnos and Legendary SBC’s vs Helm of your choice and Archmage Clasps. They are the same for the rest.
Another point worth mentioning. Just because I am writing down these thoughts to share with others in the hopes that they might help someone, or spawn a new idea for someone, does not mean I know everything about this class. I also wouldnt tell anyone how to play. Whatever works for you is great. Whatever mods or none at all, is great. Please give everyone who responds to this post the same courtesy.
You will note in the later sections I level up as much as possible in Normal, taking my time, running zones over and over for max xps. (A perfect example of this would be the graveyard right before Sparta. Nice spawn of xps just waiting to get mowed down) I do this as much from habit as from common sense. The build is a solid one, and very very slow to move into the Rogue talents. Depending on your playstyle, and how fast you like to finish the game, you might be in the middle of Epic before adding skills in. The reason I went straight Wanderer till the upper 40’s was simple. Trying to spread points between pets, plague, traps, heals and briar just didn’t work. You end up with a jack-of-all-trades that is weak. Concentrating on Wanderer and then respec’ing the toon will allow easier leveling, and far less headaches.
The illusionist was an interesting idea. I have read in more than a few posts the toon is weak. It isnt. I took 2 basic ideas, combined them, and made them work together. The first is obviously the Petmancer, and Tyr wrote an awesome guide for it. The 2nd idea came from Kike, if somewhat indirectly. He played a summoner hiding behind briar while dropping fire on top of the bad guys. I thought the briar would be a great backup in case the pets and traps let anything get past. And SpoonBender was born.
Last, this isnt a hypothetical pipe dream. This isnt theory. This is the actual journey of a young Illusionist named SpoonBender. Each section follows his changes and growth.
ATTRIBUTE POINTS:
This illusionist build is caster based. Even though this toon is technically a hybrid. I wanted enough Int to wield a Ritualist staff and wear caster gear. That meant I needed just under 500 Int. Everything else I put into Dex for a very simple reason. DA. Even though this is a caster, I like having as much DA as possible to toughen up the toon. Also, keep in mind if you don’t use the recharge build, some of the points into Dex will need to be moved to Str to wear the SBC’s. By level 55, I was looking for these base values.
Str: 50 (untouched)
Int: 340
Dex 210
Keep in mid those are base values, not the values after masteries and gear are added in
GEAR:
End gear load out atm includes:
Ritualist Staff of Immortality.
Ritualist Rings X2 (socket with demon blood +Vit comp, socket other with MKT +DA comp)
Ritualist/Convocation Amulet (socket with Dionysus +DA comp)
Ploutons (+skills +DA +pierce resists)
Hallowed Shaman. (swap with Crest of Hypnos if not using the recharge build for better resists)
ArchMage Clasp (-recharge is needed. Swap with SBC’s if not using the recharge build)
Demonskin Walkers (+skills +resists)
Talisman of the Jade Emperor great resists and gives -25% recharge.
Levels 1-5
Early on, wear anything you like. Or run around nekked. Really wont matter. The only things you *will* need are the 4 items of +pet damage gear. 2 rings, an amulet and a staff. Just make sure you have all of one type of damage. Dont mix and match, it will lower your overall dam output. And stay away from vitality damage. Undead have 100% resists to vitality.
Levels 5-15
Rings are Beastcaller of Endurance, socket with Dionysus (+str comp bonus). This gives you an extra 200 hps early on. Amulet was same, Beastcaller of Endurance, socketed the same. Somewhere around level 14 jump to your next set of +pet dam gear (SpiritCaller). Level 11 gives you the first minor twink, SBC’s. Helpful to summon 3 wolves when a Mastery shrine is not nearby. Etheral leggings socketed with Hermes sandal makes you quite speedy for getting where you want to go. Wraith cage and Etheral clasps other greenies Spooner was wearing at low levels. Found a Bandit Hood early on, and would have been great if I had the extra points to put into rogue skills early, but didn’t.
Levels 15-28
Upgrade your gear to help with resist/stats as needed. No specific choices in here. I was using Bandari and Bai Hu gear. I did socket my head gear with Erebus to get 3 wolves without a shrine, and without changing gear. What can I say, I am a lazy player 😀
Levels 28-40.
Got the 2nd to last upgrade for jewelry and staff here. Got smacked around pretty hard late 30’s. I didn’t shop for gear in that range. I was hanging on, waiting for my end gear set which started to kick in at 42.
Levels 40-45
Level 42 and you have the last upgrade to pet gear. By this time, you have maxxed SoTP, and I recommend your last +pet damage gear focus on physical damage. . The build is centered around your pets, and pet damage. Those Ritualist rings that give the pets +70 dam are awesome. But they also mean you are not wearing Hale of Grace rings to boost Str/Dex to wear +3 SBC’s. You will need to save a few points to wear Legendary SBC’s if you have a set you want to wear. Slowly you are adding in the gear listed at the top of this guide.
Levels 45-55
Finishing touches on gear load out. Upgrade artifact and toss on a Crest of Hypnos at level 53, and you are a God(ess) until you enter Legendary (and even after).
Levels 55+
Level 55 is the last change. If you are going with the recharge build, you need the Talisman of the Jade Emperor for the -25% recharge. The resists don’t hurt either. I got lucky on mine, and I got the added resists as a completion bonus. So that single item gives me 68% elemental resists. Very helpful for when you enter Legendary
SKILLS:
Levels 1-10 (A1-Sparta) Lvl 10
http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Illusionist&master1=4&master2=6&sa=0&m1=10-1-16-0-1-1-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0&m2=0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0
SpponBender is a Petmancer. All the way. Maxxed out COtW by level 7. Does not matter if I cant get the extra +2 to toss out 3 wolves immediately (although that isnt hard to do either, a well placed mastery shrine and my level 7 Wanderer can toss out 3 wolves. And 3 level 18+ wolves means you are literally walking though to the end of A2 doing nothing except stopping to loot the corpses
Levels 10-15 (A1-Megara)
Climbing the Nature tree,2 points into Mastery, and 1 point into critical skills.
Levels 15-20 (A1 – Delphi) Lvl 20
http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Illusionist&master1=4&master2=6&sa=0&m1=32-1-16-1-1-1-0-0-1-0-0-1-0-0-0-5-0-0-0-0-0-0&m2=0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0
Maxxed Nature tree by level 17, adding points into SoTP, HoO and heals. Forget the Nymph. Don’t have the extra points to use her. I went heavy into the healing tree to make sure the 3 wolves stayed alive once I had them up.
Levels 20-25 (A1- Athens)
Started up the Rogue tree. 2 points into Mastery, 1 point into the previously mentioned skills.
Levels 25-30 (A2 – Lower Nile) Lvl 30
http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Illusionist&master1=4&master2=6&sa=3&m1=32-3-16-1-4-1-0-0-1-0-0-4-0-0-0-12-0-0-0-0-0-0&m2=18-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0
More than halfway up the Rogue tree, maxxed SoTP. Adding points into heals and HoO before A3 when the pets are going to get beat on.
Levels 30-35 (A2 Thebes)
See above notes.
Levels 35-40 (A2 – Valley of Kings – Move over Laura Croft, there is a new Tomb Raider in town) Lvl 40
http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Illusionist&master1=4&master2=6&sa=5&m1=32-4-16-12-4-1-0-0-1-0-0-5-0-0-0-12-0-0-1-0-0-0&m2=32-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-1-0-0-1-0-0-0-0-0-0-2-0-0
Maxxed trees, maxxed out HoO, and added more points into healing. Along with the +skills gear, enough to keep the wolves alive to end of game. Time to start adding points into the traps.
Levels 40-48 (A3 Following the Yellow Brick Road to the Emperor)
Continuing to level up traps. Much of the time, by the time I tossed out the traps, even using +100 casting speed, the mobs were already dead. That’s ok, because it wont stay like that forever. Level 48 and the traps are finished. I skipped the plague line for now, for the same reason as the traps were not that useful at this point. By the time I plagued a mob or group of mobs, they were dead or dying.
Levels 55+ (EA1+ Didn’t we just come down this road? We must be travelling in circles) Lvl 55
http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Illusionist&master1=4&master2=6&sa=5&m1=32-0-16-12-0-1-1-16-1-3-0-0-1-0-0-12-0-8-1-8-0-0&m2=32-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-16-0-0-1-0-0-0-0-0-0-8-0-0
If you are going to use the recharge build, you need to respec. Drop the healing line in favor of Briar. Sorry to any PETA members, but the wolves can be replaced instantly, and I like the idea of an extra layer of protection protecting my backside.. lol.
Final Thoughts of the Journey:
Spooner leveled quite easily thanks to the wolves. This build isnt a super fast boss killer. In fact Charon and Typhon both managed to kill all the pets. Hades went down super fast, and with no losses. Go figure. Once the build was finished, it was quite fun to play. Do the whole turtle thing (hide inside Briar) toss out traps, wait for mobs to foolishly charge in and die. Slower than some toons as far as hours played / completed game, but very safe once build was set.
I did the build to see how it played as much out of curiosity as because BeRad decided to start up a new guide list, and I didn’t think the Illusionist would have a bunch of people lining up to do the guide 😀
-Guide by MystWalker

https://www.kirmiziperfect.com/titan-quest-petmancer-illusionist-guide/
« Last Edit: 13 August 2018, 11:55:15 by MedeaFleecestealer »

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal