Author Topic: Legendary Craftsmanship  (Read 12530 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline gasconron

• TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Legendary Craftsmanship
« on: 18 December 2017, 04:05:24 »
So, essentially what this quest reward mechanic does apparently is give an -affix bonus to an existing Legendary Item.

And better, it doesn't seem to be bound by the conventional rules of affixes. **needs confirmation**.
The affix bonus still seem to be tied to the difficulty that you are in, meaning you can't get Legendary quality affixes in Normal, vice-versa.

I just rolled a Veteran's affix on a Signet of Hope, on my first Legendary Difficulty: Craft.

I was so amazed that I fiddled around with the system to see the limitations and I kept manually re-rolling on my 2nd Legendary Difficulty craft reward... and saw a lot of potential in the new system.

My only problem with it, is despite it being a gamble system, it is limited to 1 forge. Now, I'm not saying we should be allowed to forge multiple Legendaries in 1 playthrough, as that would be completely broken. However, there should be a possibility of re-forging an already forged item, by doing a certain quest or completing a specific material/formula. The frustration of completing a multi-req quest only to get stuck with a bonus you don't want or need is quite punishing.  Thoughts?
« Last Edit: 18 December 2017, 04:07:02 by gasconron »
xmax hardcore is the only way to play this game.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline gasconron

• TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Legendary Craftsmanship
« Reply #1 on: 20 December 2017, 16:36:39 »
I guess no one agrees; and everyone wants this as a one-time thing.  :-[

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Thanatos

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 20 December 2017, 19:22:40 »
Hey gasconron, I personally haven't gotten a toon that far, and I don't even have a legendary item yet. It does sound like an interesting system, if you can get a nice affix like you described.

The frustration of completing a multi-req quest only to get stuck with a bonus you don't want or need is quite punishing.  Thoughts?

This has me a bit worried. I would imagine a lot of people would just back up their item beforehand in case they got a useless affix. Maybe the devs will improve this at some point?

and everyone wants this as a one-time thing.

Not sure what you meant by this. Are you saying you can only re-forge a legendary item once? What about across the 3 difficulties? Like I said, I'm nowhere close to dealing with this situation yet. It'd be useful to know how the forge system works though. I'd hate to go mucking about ruining my gear.  Is the forge in Act 5, I'm assuming?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Giant2005

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 21 December 2017, 11:03:18 »
I have no idea how to do it, but those more capable could probably make a custom map that allows one to spam legendary crafting.
Such a map would make what you ask easy - just back up the item you want to craft and run it through that map constantly until you get the bonus you are after. All it would require is a bit of self-discipline.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline gasconron

• TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 21 December 2017, 16:11:38 »
This has me a bit worried. I would imagine a lot of people would just back up their item beforehand in case they got a useless affix. Maybe the devs will improve this at some point?

This is exactly what I did on my 2nd toon running through Ragnarok.

There was so much speculation on what it actually did. Even videos on youtube assumed that they gave 1-4 completely random stat bonuses.

Only through repetition and testing did I find out that the generated bonuses were selected from a pool of existing affixes. Meaning if you roll a bonus to Vitality resist, that will automatically come with a +1 skills or +%poison/bleed/elemental, because the only affix that gives you vita resist is the "Hallowed"  and "Transcendant" prefix, and not because it was a completely random single stat bonus

Not sure what you meant by this. Are you saying you can only re-forge a legendary item once? What about across the 3 difficulties? Like I said, I'm nowhere close to dealing with this situation yet. It'd be useful to know how the forge system works though. I'd hate to go mucking about ruining my gear.  Is the forge in Act 5, I'm assuming?

My proposition was to be able to indefinitely re-craft an item that has already been forged previously either:
a. for free (not likely and is too hand-holding)
b. fulfilling conditions (ala quest or formula completion) to re-enable the re-forge)

FFS, I'm sick of using Aionios, Ancile or Zeno's Shield as Legendary Shields. I'm sick of using Aphrodite's favor on a non auto-attack caster. I'm sick and tired of using Demonwalker's on a caster. I'm sick and tired of using a Tunic of the Magi for Hybrid melee-casters. This feature really opens up a lot of flexibility in gear choices, but only if you are somehow able to determine the bonuses you get (with some effort of course).  Now you can even roleplay and wear a full set and help yourself be balanced enough to take on Legendary by having your craft reward address your set's shortcomings.

Personal Note:
Let me be clear, people have their own code of ethics when playing Single Player games. Unfortunately, I'm the type that likes to bend, but not outright break rules. Pretty much everyone who were familiar with my cheesy practices in Hardcore challenges know this by now. From twinking, to wearing Legendaries and using high difficulty scrolls in Normal, bonus manipulation on TQVault to avoid grindy farms, using mods and/or older versions to increase chances of loot/specific items for exisiting HC runs. You name it, I've done and I'm not ashamed of it. As hypocritical as it is, I still find it more acceptable than using Itemus & MI Shop or outright editting your toon to attain your objective.

Reloading saves to guarantee a decent return on a high-impact gameplay mechanic isn't something that will eat on my conscience, especially when I believe that forge system should be repeatable in the first place. Let me remind you that this was one of the selling points advertised for this Expansion. A one time roll for an item is too punishing to be considered as an actual feature in the game. However, is there really a need for people to resort to doing this?
« Last Edit: 21 December 2017, 16:14:04 by gasconron »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Thanatos

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 21 December 2017, 20:16:11 »
My proposition was to be able to indefinitely re-craft an item that has already been forged previously either:
a. for free (not likely and is too hand-holding)
b. fulfilling conditions (ala quest or formula completion) to re-enable the re-forge)

I think those two proposals are quite valid. I liked your second point the best, personally. I’d simply add that I wouldn’t mind seeing 1 or 2 extra stats or affixes being added to an item, rather that re rolling core stats. That to me is bad.

A one time roll for an item is too punishing to be considered as an actual feature in the game. However, is there really a need for people to resort to doing this?

I think this is the key issue right here. There are probably 0 people who want to make their item worse. Since it sounds like the devs have implemented a somewhat poorly thought out way of upgrading an item, it encourages cheating (or whatever). I don’t care what people do, but I don’t want to lose a good item due to this type of design. I’m with you on this. Hope the devs take another look at this system due to feedback.

« Last Edit: 21 December 2017, 20:17:55 by Thanatos »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline gasconron

• TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 22 December 2017, 17:07:23 »
TBH im okay to live with the fact that my items initial stats can lower in value. It's a pretty good trade off for gaining something else in another area. But heck, if ever they do implement it to where the base stats of the unforged item remains the same after forging, even better.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal