Author Topic: The Theory of Hybrid  (Read 16462 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline gasconron

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: The Theory of Hybrid
« Reply #15 on: 21 March 2018, 11:22:18 »
From what i read in some discussions regarding the change pre-AE vs. AE in steam, I only read there that they either adjusted the OA values of critters, requiring higher DA for your safety net.

To add on top of that, they scaled down into diminishing returns how much "safety" you got from having a DA higher than the opponents OA. So in a sense, what you said about DA's mechanic not being as effective as it once was is correct, but I think this only pertains to people that wants to dodge everything by overstacking DA to absurd levels, except now it's hardcapped at 80%.
xmax hardcore is the only way to play this game.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Laionidas

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: 21 March 2018, 16:19:04 »
Pre-AE is a different ball game alltogether. Remember how Scatter Shot Arrows fragments used to in turn fragment themselves, and distribute any elemental damage carried by the main shot? Bowmen were stupidly OP.

Laionidas, yes you're correct but i call it fake hybrid.. you took the easy way out :P ..  I'm also old school :P :P :P

I was talking more about the sharder builds, which really aren't hybrids to begin with, but rather thinly veiled casters, dual-wielding weapons that mainly serve as elemental buffing relics.

Anyway, I assumed @gasconron wasn't going for a true hybrid either, as he mentioned trying to keep strength as low as possible.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline gasconron

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #17 on: 21 March 2018, 17:54:46 »
Pre-AE is a different ball game alltogether. Remember how Scatter Shot Arrows fragments used to in turn fragment themselves, and distribute any elemental damage carried by the main shot? Bowmen were stupidly OP.

Im pretty sure pre-AE never carried elemental damage bonus on to Scatter Shot; they ended at Volley. Someone corrected me on this when I was theorycrafting. Forgot who, I think it was Violos. If it did, no one would've complained playing as an Avenger and Sage.
xmax hardcore is the only way to play this game.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Laionidas

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: 21 March 2018, 22:44:44 »
Im pretty sure pre-AE never carried elemental damage bonus on to Scatter Shot; they ended at Volley. Someone corrected me on this when I was theorycrafting. Forgot who, I think it was Violos. If it did, no one would've complained playing as an Avenger and Sage.

Hmmm,.. maybe you're right, but I never heard anyone complain about Sage or Avenger pre-AE in any case  :P

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal