Author Topic: The Xmax Hardcore Challenge  (Read 262759 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline gasconron

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: The Xmax Hardcore Challenge
« Reply #30 on: 06 December 2017, 14:30:40 »
Heard rumours casters in AER are A DEAD LOSS...

Casters really are fine in AE... People who have it bad now are those that depended mostly on 100% CDR or Ternion+Harrowing. You really just need to kick back a bit, and plan your advance. Even without the CDR nerf, the moment i heard they buffed all boss resistances prompted me to approach caster play in a less offensive, glass-cannon-y way.

As for the added damage output of general mobs, I don't even feel it. I'm so used to playing Defiler (filter white and broken) that for me enemies seem to hit for less damage than they used to.

Ragnarok is a different story though, haven't bought it yet. Want to finish all my current playthroughs before I buy it.
xmax hardcore is the only way to play this game.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: 06 December 2017, 15:09:26 »
yes.. they refuse to adapt and instead they just whine to devs

TQ:R not much different.. if anything i would say casters shine more in act 5.. because there are the annoying water spirits (weak against lightning and EBD) and fire elementals (i think weak against cold)
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Jacko

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: 06 December 2017, 15:53:06 »
Nice to see there will be more people in the challenge  :)

Jacko - Zuzia III - L30 Summoner AER (TWINKED) - Hatshepsut Path

Telkin went down easy...I put 1 point in each skill in Plague tree so that I can get ahold of it before I will really need it...

In xmax Plague is ok as it spreads way better due to increased number of monsters...in vanilla i didnt like it.

1 point in Briar just for a few situational uses....later when -80% recharge it will play more important role with Sanctuary maxed.

My daughter currently forgot about TQ and is back to MLP for a while  8)

So I will have some more time to see how casters handle AER  8)

It means I will have a little more time to fool around with my summoner...and proving some friends casters are playable past Act III Normal....or not... ???

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: 06 December 2017, 19:50:04 »
does an accomplished hero and 1 already in epic ok to join this? my mage Haruspex still has no deaths.. it's good xmax or not
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #34 on: 06 December 2017, 20:23:37 »
Accomplished hero no, sorry.  They won't have done the first acts of the game so wouldn't qualify.  Has your mage Haruspex been played entirely using Xmax?  If not, then no sorry that doesn't qualify either. Only toons played using the Xmax mod right from the start to the end of Legendary are allowed.

Better put that Accomplished Hero note in the OP.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Jacko

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: 06 December 2017, 20:24:09 »
She wouldn't let go... 8)

Jacko - Jacek - L19 Warrior AER (TWINKED) - Pythian Caves

The gorgon sisters posed a little bit of a challenge...but we pulled it off and we were rewarded with...stonebinders cuffs  ;D well, +1 to all skills is not +3 but...

printscreen still doesn't work...in my prinscreen folder I do have them but they are all black  :'(

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Fisch

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: 06 December 2017, 22:07:05 »
I will be joining this challenge this evening and posting my screenshots!  ;D
I am thinkin I may go the route of a sword and board Battlemage (warfare/earth) and grab Core Dweller for some damage mitigation and a mobile tank as well as stone form for some personal survivability. I get the feeling I will be chugging health potions anyways but it is what it is. I also plan to grab a couple skills from earth for some AoE like ring of flame and eruption. This is just some early ideas but hey its a start! I look forward to posting later tonight!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Jacko

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: 06 December 2017, 22:21:19 »
Earth looks strong...there are some nice skills for a warrior there:

Brimstone 8/8 - +21physical dmg

Volativity 1/8 - 33% chance of +38% physical dmg

More and more people are hopping in...nice work Medea  :)

EDIT: our warrior is red bottle addict btw :(

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Fisch

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: 06 December 2017, 22:34:02 »
I think they will synergize nicely as I get further into the build and I almost forget about Volativity so that will be a nice little boost to look forward to. I think I've got some battlemage set gear in my vault to so that will be a nice boost once I reach the levels.

I agree Medea, nice work. Seeing new post in this thread daily is what made me decide to join.

Jacko I think it's awesome that your daughter is interested in the game and making character decisions with you! Should make it an interesting play experience for ya! Those early Stonebinder cuffs should be helpful to. I hope to get lucky and get a pair without much work  :P

edit: Just checked my vault. I was thinking of the Pyromancer and the Firewalker sets so not exactly a Battlemage set per se but the Firewalker set definitely looks like one to use once (if) I reach lv 33.
« Last Edit: 06 December 2017, 22:40:48 by Fisch »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: 06 December 2017, 22:34:36 »
Accomplished hero no, sorry.  They won't have done the first acts of the game so wouldn't qualify.  Has your mage Haruspex been played entirely using Xmax?  If not, then no sorry that doesn't qualify either. Only toons played using the Xmax mod right from the start to the end of Legendary are allowed.

Better put that Accomplished Hero note in the OP.

ah that's ok.. i mostly play for leisure nowadays anyway.. i tried xmax before ragnarok but somehow it felt my toon was a cheat because i kind of did the same accomplished hero thing with the help of defiler.. no additional skills/stats or cheat items but still i used defiler.. so when i found out ragnarok has an accomplished hero option, i started again and this time more thought out.. well at least my toon is a living proof casters are viable even with xmax :)   (that and my knifethrower)

edit: for those who like reading walls of text or anyone who doesn't have anything to do, we talked about casters here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/TitanQuestAE/comments/75rlo2/decided_to_pick_up_this_game_help/

i don't even know if it's OK to post our conversations here but eh whatever.. good thing someone was backing me up
« Last Edit: 06 December 2017, 23:44:36 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Jacko

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: 07 December 2017, 00:02:19 »
We forgot how much of a pain 3 x Alastor can be...

Max warhorn helped a lot - now we will respec out of it  :P ... for the time being.

Anyway...3 x Alastor went down...big time  8)

Now we feel its time to pick up defence as we need some stat points from mastery wnd we want to save up stat points as we are not sure what equipment we shall use in the long run...

We will shoot for -50% recharge ... mainly for permanent Quick recovery later on, Battle Standard, War horn and shield charge...

The first skill form Defence will be most probably Shield charge for mobility

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: 07 December 2017, 08:07:22 »
Jacko - added Jacek to the leaderboard, but I need to know if she's twinked or not.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Jacko

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: 07 December 2017, 14:23:11 »
@botebote77 - I will read it, the link about magic...we are at home now, cold or flu...so plenty of free time untill Monday when back to work  :'(

@medea - yeap...we are twinking...but only a little... O:-)

hmm...I know I am asking for much  O:-) but...do you think it would be possible to put : "Jacko & Zuzia" instead of only "Jacko" on the leaderboard? She does play this toon and was a little sad when I told her it is only my nick on the leaderboard...she also saw it (the leaderboard) and she can read a little and she said "It's not fair"...  O:-)

Cheers  :D :D :D

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: 07 December 2017, 14:28:43 »
Of course Jacko.  I'll change it over so both names appear.  :)  And you have my sympathies.  I've been suffering from a bad cold or flu for the last couple of weeks, hubby too. I am so sick of coughing and spluttering and sneezing.  >:(

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Jacko

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: 07 December 2017, 14:38:10 »
She just saw it...and she is so happy...thank you... :) it is funny how little she needs sometimes to be happy... 8)

I do not suffer from much cough but she is another story...but doc says it is nothing serious yet...but we need to saty at home, take plenty of  pills and syrups and stuff...  ;)

Now we will play a little... :D :D :D

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal