Author Topic: Single Mastery (sort of) Untwinked Hardcore Challenge  (Read 21663 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Single Mastery (sort of) Untwinked Hardcore Challenge
« Reply #30 on: 24 July 2020, 22:44:23 »
What is PGB useful for, killing speed of basic monsters or else as a Boss killing skill ?
Spoiler for Hiden:

don't look too much into anything i say. we are fools who think a 2nd mastery is not important, and that inheritance items are just a waste of inventory space. if i'm maybe assassin then of course i will just put my points on onslaught tree. or brigand, then marksmanship tree and wood lore. but no i'm just rogue with just +1 to all skills and no cast speed.
but yes PGB improved a lot with the atlantis update. few things that might be unnoticed: if thrown at long range, it will fire one at somewhere near your cursor, and one each on your left and right sides. but it might be even better if thrown at point-blank range because those 3 projectiles will all result in fragments (the 2nd skill). and the fear effect is just too good. one thing i've noticed though, is that fear don't work on undeads. i don't know if it's a bug or not. i guess you don't fear anything if you are already dead

small update on plsdrinkpoison:
last quest i've finished is the boss spider on cave of whispers
Spoiler for Hiden:

cave of whispers, on my pillow
leave the winter on the ground
i wake up lonely, in this air of silence
in the bedroom and all around

you know i loved pretty woman even though it's a bland story. and i love that song by roxette. my age shows but i'm not that old. also why i'm more comfortable in this forum is because there are people here older than me  ^-^

next update will probably be somewhere in act 5 or atlantis. or maybe a pic of my graveyard marker
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #31 on: 26 July 2020, 23:44:34 »
we are fools who think a 2nd mastery is not important, and that inheritance items are just a waste of inventory space.

Got the same feeling right now. Although pleased with the tin can and its gameplay style, the pure defender lacks of damage power. I am still in search of a better weapon again and again to balance this. Guess that legendary will be terrible if no good gear can be found along the way.

But one step forward with epic act II done.

Spoiler for Hiden:

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: 28 July 2020, 12:38:04 »
looks like small update but i wouldn't say so
Spoiler for Hiden:

because my resists and DA look decent now for epic so that means no more farming for the rest of normal.. i'll go through atlantis now then go back to act 5

@Tauceti i'm sure you know the pain of farming for hours and the comfort of just going through the story

it took me almost 4 hrs just to find blackbeard's booties.
anyway, it's a trapper now thanks to Heron's Gear (+2 to rapid construction), and scironian MIs
edit: occult amulet and 2 summoner's rings (elemental because I've had it with undeads and ghosts)
« Last Edit: 28 July 2020, 12:56:31 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: 30 July 2020, 23:50:46 »
Barmanu was rather easy with the unyielded phalanx that kept its attention along the fight.
Regarding The Dragon liche, i took time to raise resistances and it was ok so that i could make a few farming runs. One of these gave me the first purple melee weapon: Spinbreaker.
In terms of damage, Spinbreaker is not bad but it's a slow weapon ... and therefore not the best one for a defender that relies mostly on the shield mechanics.

Had the time for better gear finally come ?  :D

Spoiler for Hiden:

Mid act III difficulty is very noticeable when playing self-found. So again i took time to raise DA, armor, pierce resistance while keeping other resistances at decent levels.
And was happy with the result, particularly in wusao mountains where draconians can be so deadly fast. But rising all these protections come with a cost: an even lower dps.
Knight Ni was sturdy but was so slow that even the oldest turtle doesn't give him a chance in a sprint.

And came Typhon.
I didn't undestand what happended. It was a wall, you know like in Game of Thrones. Unable to scratch it.
And knight Ni finally hit the ground. I started over and over and 4 times, exploded without being able to kill Typhon  :o

Spoiler for Hiden:

So Bote, i hope you will find out the grail and bring us a shrubbery !

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: 31 July 2020, 13:04:43 »
awwww the tin can melted. just as i was about to join you in epic. welp

i didn't have any real trouble in atlantis and act 5. i knew my farm runs would pay off

Spoiler for Hiden:
i forgot to take a pic in atlantis so i just took a screenshot of Atlantis questlog. but i done all of it

onto epic
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: 05 August 2020, 00:33:27 »
no update
the nba is back and i will never choose playing TQ over watching NBA
but i still plan to continue this challenge
and i still will visit this site
just saying...
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: 07 August 2020, 21:33:04 »
As a non-american, i can't understand why the NBA is so important  ;D

Do you open your challenge to other mods like Shadow champions, Legend of champions, Soulvizier etc.
It would open a window on the amazing stuff made by modders here !

Maybe the best place would be on the 6player mod challenge you created  but i don't know if it's possible to play 6xplayer mod with Shadow champions.

Up to now i have a Shadow champions char in normal act 2 built on one mastery.
Unfortunately, i will have to pause this char for a while since there is a new Path of diablo ladder reset starting on august 14th (it's my NBA !) but i should resume with the SC char after a few weeks.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: 08 August 2020, 00:05:23 »
Do you open your challenge to other mods
unfortunately no. because i don't play those mods. i have to apologize again because i used to be a beta tester to some of those mods. but i stopped because i just don't play TQ that much anymore, not because i didn't like those mods

part of the reason why i started this challenge is trying to understand the devs, hence vanilla. i first tried just SSF hardcore, 2 masteries allowed. but i felt like i could complete that challenge on my first try if i just played patiently and carefully. and completing a challenge on your first try isn't a challenge at all

SSF because I'm one of those old dogs that believe RPGs are meant to be played SSF. yes there is a transfer stash but i believe the devs are just trying to cater to more gamers. if you twink, the game becomes too easy even odd builds like hybrids or warfare casters become easy. you have to play difficulty mods to balance it out. but then it defeats the purpose of trying to understand the devs

i don't even use TQvault now. i just make accomplished hero mules for more storage. my name here is plsdrinkpoison and it's mule's name is poisonmule. there was a time i couldn't play without TQvault but now it just kinda disgusts me. apologies to the author, personal opinion. now it's like an atma trying to be a jamella editor. i hate jamella editor. i understand some people use it only for storage. i respect them for that.

As a non-american, i can't understand why the NBA is so important  ;D
basketball is big here in my country. and I'm non-american. that's all I'm going to say.
« Last Edit: 08 August 2020, 00:08:00 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #38 on: 08 August 2020, 00:28:52 »
unfortunately no. because i don't play those mods. i have to apologize again because i used to be a beta tester to some of those mods. but i stopped because i just don't play TQ that much anymore, not because i didn't like those mods
That made me smile, because you were the first asking to test SV. No big deal, but your comments or feedback on it are still welcomed, anytime.

part of the reason why i started this challenge is trying to understand the devs, hence vanilla. i first tried just SSF hardcore, 2 masteries allowed. but i felt like i could complete that challenge on my first try if i just played patiently and carefully. and completing a challenge on your first try isn't a challenge at all
I'm not sure there's anything to understand ? It's not like they really think everything out. They just made many dubious additions, and now they don't really care about them.
IMO, the issue with vanilla is that you have to create "challenges" to get something that is not extremely easy, but for that you have to shoot yourself in the foot by using only one mastery and/or yellows, and such. That reduces the global variety of the game.

SSF because I'm one of those old dogs that believe RPGs are meant to be played SSF. yes there is a transfer stash but i believe the devs are just trying to cater to more gamers. if you twink, the game becomes too easy even odd builds like hybrids or warfare casters become easy. you have to play difficulty mods to balance it out. but then it defeats the purpose of trying to understand the devs

i don't even use TQvault now. i just make accomplished hero mules for more storage. my name here is plsdrinkpoison and it's mule's name is poisonmule. there was a time i couldn't play without TQvault but now it just kinda disgusts me. apologies to the author, personal opinion. now it's like an atma trying to be a jamella editor. i hate jamella editor. i understand some people use it only for storage. i respect them for that.
Amen to that.
TQ Vault ruined TQ for me several years ago (I mean I respect the work of the author, the coding and all is probably good, but you should absolutely stay away from this tool if you don't want to ruin the experience on the long term).
I'm glad I noticed that, and now I don't use it anymore, it's far better this way. Saves a lot of time too.
Soulvizier for AE, Ragnarok and Atlantis [released] :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: 09 August 2020, 12:16:32 »
I'm not sure there's anything to understand ? It's not like they really think everything out. They just made many dubious additions, and now they don't really care about them.
probably true.. sad

but here we go.
act 1 epic was pretty fast. my resists and DA are pretty good already, so no need for much farming. i just had to replace relics and charms with epic versions (golden fleece, dionysus wineskin, demons blood, and pristine plumage). golden fleece and dionysus wineskin i was able to make completed relics just by going through the game. demons blood took about 10 mins from shadowmaw. i ended up having to farm for 15 pcs because i wanted 2, and i wanted at least one of them to have vit res comp bonus. got it on the 3rd try. pristine plumage meh, just outside knossos. i didn't even think of farming for a weapon because for sure a neiths will, or a ladon's maw, or a ra's touch would drop. true enough neiths will and ladon's maw dropped in act 1. but really, i almost don't attack with my weapon i'm even considering taking away all my points spent on calculated strike.
Spoiler for Hiden:

edit: oop yes, i also farmed for epic SB cuffs
« Last Edit: 09 August 2020, 12:21:52 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: 10 August 2020, 00:55:24 »

Ok nevermind

but really, i almost don't attack with my weapon i'm even considering taking away all my points spent on calculated strike.

I guess for knives at ultimate skill ?

TQ Vault ruined TQ for me several years ago (I mean I respect the work of the author, the coding and all is probably good, but you should absolutely stay away from this tool if you don't want to ruin the experience on the long term).
I'm glad I noticed that, and now I don't use it anymore, it's far better this way. Saves a lot of time too.

To me, Vault or not Vault is not the question. One cannot reduce the fun of a hack'n slash in blasting monsters and finding better gear along the way. There is also all the time spent in choosing the best combination of gear that allows new builds, and i love that part of the game (that is a time not playing but imagine and test builds). On the long term, TQ vault is necessary to open new possibilities.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #41 on: 10 August 2020, 01:32:17 »
To me, Vault or not Vault is not the question. One cannot reduce the fun of a hack'n slash in blasting monsters and finding better gear along the way. There is also all the time spent in choosing the best combination of gear that allows new builds, and i love that part of the game (that is a time not playing but imagine and test builds). On the long term, TQ vault is necessary to open new possibilities.
You can totally ruin the game using TQ Vault, I've already experienced that. If you use it, then finding gear along the way becomes irrelevant, the more you play, the more chances are that you'll find a lot better in your Vault, and the extremely low level/attribute requirements of the game don't help. This contributes to make the game boring and too easy. You're not trying to find gear for yourself, but for other chars and you start very quickly to crumble under tons of stuff, because in one playthrough, you'll always find much more good stuff than what you will use. Eventually, a lot of stuff you will find will not even be worth it for any of your other characters, because you just have too much stuff.
On the long term, it had removed all interest in playing the game for me. Staying away is just my advice (I'm not even talking about cheating features in the tool). Sure, you can add your personal rules like not reusing items with several chars, using only items you may find in the current act, etc. but that just delays the problem.
To me, it's only good if you want to collect items or if you don't care if the game is very easy. Also, if you're not really playing but just testing stuff, but I'd really avoid it for a clean game.

Soulvizier for AE, Ragnarok and Atlantis [released] :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Rated 1 time
Excellent

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: 10 August 2020, 03:17:06 »
« Last Rated on: 10 August 2020, 06:49:57 »
hmmmm well..
when i said TQvault now disgusts me, i also said
now it's like an atma trying to be a jamella editor.

that might not be easily understandable. atma and jamella editor are diablo 2 3rd party tools. atma is what i think the original purpose of TQvault is. it's just a stash tool, with the option of transferring items between your characters if you want. jamella editor is closer to TQ defiler. more if i remember correctly but yes it's just a cheat tool. it's purpose is to edit your characters or items for cheating

now would i allow twinking in this challenge? no way. do that in xmax challenge. even if you play storm only, you just give it OP items like the Freyja set and it would be easy. or defense only, give it maybe giant's tooth and aionios. it wouldn't be fair for all players

my opinion on playing twinked and untwinked - both have pros and cons and both Tauceti and soa is correct. over the years, I've played a lot of twinked and untwinked characters now. untwinked kills some builds that rely heavily on specific items. how can you play a double mjolnir thunderer if you play it untwinked? but also, soa is right in that if you play twinked, it's only a matter of time before you won't even care about 99% of the drops. there is no character building. just give it the best items you can wear and it's done. later just replace them with even more OP items. personally, i think character building is what pulled most of us into the game when we were just starting. it's nice to go back to that sometimes

so what do i think is best? play some characters twinked and play others untwinked. OR, this might sound stupid but... after losing interest because you feel like you've done it all, give away all of your items. play online and give away all items you don't use. only save the items your characters use. then play again. this time you don't have a choice but to play untwinked. but this time try it without dying
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline rakshir

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -5
« Reply #43 on: 10 August 2020, 23:53:17 »
I was going to join the challenge but I'm embarrassed to say I can't figure out how to post an image. Any help?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: 11 August 2020, 00:07:42 »
don't be embarrassed. i remember asking the admins here for the same thing. you can use imgur.com and copy the link from there. use the BBcode link so the image insta-shows. the one with the i.imgur link. then hide them in spoilers cos i was told too many pictures slows the loading time, and hiding in spoilers solves that problem
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal