Author Topic: Soulvizier AERA - General ideas and suggestions  (Read 17143 times)

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
Re: Soulvizier AERA - General ideas and suggestions
« Reply #30 on: 03 May 2020, 01:26:53 »
Is it possible to add the name of the hero to this message 'Hero monster killed' ?. In some situations we don't have time or room to see its name, especially with a petmancer.
Or else in the char panel, i guess few people care about the greatest monster killed. Instead, the latest hero killed is better for SV, i guess.

I doubt you have access to this part of computer code though ./

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #31 on: 03 May 2020, 13:47:18 »
Is it possible to add the name of the hero to this message 'Hero monster killed' ?. In some situations we don't have time or room to see its name, especially with a petmancer.
Or else in the char panel, i guess few people care about the greatest monster killed. Instead, the latest hero killed is better for SV, i guess.

I doubt you have access to this part of computer code though ./
I don't think I can do that. I can change the text, but not link it with the monster name. There might be a 1% chance the name is hidden somewhere and available for modders, but it would take trial and error to see.
Best bet would be that I reduce pet damage  ;)
Soulvizier for AE, Ragnarok and Atlantis [released] :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: 03 May 2020, 15:24:24 »
Actually i wasn't meaning that pets are so OP that we don't have time to see the hero's name. Although leveling several chars in parallel (melee, ranged or petmancers), i still don't have sufficient distance to say so. There are pros and cons to play a petmancer.

I was referring to tricky situations when you have to cast emergency spells or try to survive running around so that pets have time to take aggro from a tough hero. In those situations, you don't have the luxury of checking its name  ;D.

Offline UnBorn

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #33 on: 08 May 2020, 20:42:37 »
Install mod couple days ago, not played beyond a level up tho, cant decide going vanila first or streith to modded game.
Big problem i notice is Life potions are just unattainable, i know there i chest that drop them but what if i don't know or i can't even reach it?
Before we got the Rest skill and now we got to log in and out of game as idk how you can restore life in beginning of the game. I tried wendoring for heck of it like 3-4 time and still was unable to afford 1 single potion..
I mean people can cheat with caravan but for normal game is such waste of time standing unable to progres?
Will give more feedback as i probably gonna play vanilla and modded game for first time after Immortal throne expansion.
From first look i think some things with nature sims sort of old, rune mastery sims better, still not sure what to think of spellbreaker mastery swap even after all this time but its probably good to have things differently as i love that skill.

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: 08 May 2020, 21:06:37 »
There is a chest with 5 health potions if you cross the north bridge for the quest. If you can't reach it, sell all the white items dropped form the first monsters, hence you should be able to buy 1 or 2 health potions, what is necessary to reach the chest. Touch AltGr key to see white items or check your keybinding options.

Welcome to the game   ;)

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: 08 May 2020, 21:17:37 »
There is a bug in the Custom Quest versions that make you start with 500 Gold only, so you can't buy any potion. I'll need to fix this and give like 2000 Gold (or more)
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: 08 May 2020, 22:01:52 »
What?  Did you make them even more expensive than they are in the vanilla game soa?   ;D

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: 08 May 2020, 22:56:13 »
What?  Did you make them even more expensive than they are in the vanilla game soa?   ;D
This was done by my predecessor, but potions are extremely cheap and overpowered in the vanilla game anyways.
Health potions : Gold cost goes from 120 (A1 Normal) to 18,000 (End Legendary) in vanilla, 800 to 54,000 in SV with increased cooldown to 10s instead of 6s.
Energy potions : Gold cost goes from 180 (A1 Normal) to 27,000 (End Legendary) in vanilla, 600 to 47,250 in SV with increased cooldown to 15s instead of 6s.

Note that in SV, you get flat Health and Energy regeneration depending on your maximum Health/Energy. You may also find more items hence more gold. But the monsters hit harder.
« Last Edit: 08 May 2020, 22:59:29 by soa »

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #38 on: 09 May 2020, 00:30:34 »
You shouldnt have problems after the first levels in Act I. I dont know if the potion drop rate is increased, but you find them pretty often.

Offline IdoNotKnowWhy

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #39 on: 14 May 2020, 07:42:40 »
About lightning dash, i think change it like vanilla is much better. It's LMB skill so 0,7s recharge and 20 enrgy costs make it not ok to use, especially playing fast speed melee.
« Last Edit: 14 May 2020, 07:46:41 by IdoNotKnowWhy »

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: 14 May 2020, 22:18:30 »
About lightning dash, i think change it like vanilla is much better. It's LMB skill so 0,7s recharge and 20 enrgy costs make it not ok to use, especially playing fast speed melee.
By vanilla, you mean make it like the first vanilla version ? Now the skill in SV is like vanilla current version, except it's tier 5 instead of 7.
Either way it's a bad skill, 0,7s makes it clunky to use with left-click, you've got to use right-click as secondary.
And if cooldown is removed, there are no passive procs like shield procs, so it sucks.

There is an ability to teleport without a target if you use a stationary attack + the skill, but that's a bug and should get fixed in the next official patch.
So, another option I see is to make it like Onslaught, no cooldown and use of procs possible, and give the player additional movement speed, and dodge. It would build up when you attack, and maybe allow you to chain between groups of monsters. So you wouldn't be able to teleport from the get go, but it would allow you to get a duration bonus.

Offline IdoNotKnowWhy

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: 15 May 2020, 13:50:32 »
 Yes, i think change it much better. I prefer lightning dash is 1 skill with 4-6s recharge, help character move faster in large area. And 1 new skill for LMB, +lightning/cold damage, %chance to stun/forzen/slowed enemies, no recharge. It will be better for Archon because Batter is not a fun choice to LMB, except you have -80% recharge
« Last Edit: 16 May 2020, 05:07:56 by IdoNotKnowWhy »

Offline IdoNotKnowWhy

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: 15 May 2020, 19:52:37 »
Hey, i have idea about shield. In Dark Soul or games like it, you parry success and you get a gift about that, right ? So i think have a gift like that in Defense skill. Block success, you will heal a small hp/mp, high chance to block larger damage in next time and maybe, just maybe that kill enemies incontinently.
« Last Edit: 16 May 2020, 05:08:54 by IdoNotKnowWhy »

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: 15 May 2020, 20:00:22 »
Hey, i have idea about shield. In Dark Soul or games like it, you parry sh and you get a gift about that, right ? So i think have a gift like that in Defense skill. Block success, you will heal a small hp/mp, high chance to block larger damage in next time and maybe, just maybe that kill enemis incontinently.
Problem is that there is no way I can do that.

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: 15 May 2020, 20:14:22 »
Hey, i have idea about shield. In Dark Soul or games like it, you parry sh and you get a gift about that, right ? So i think have a gift like that in Defense skill. Block success, you will heal a small hp/mp, high chance to block larger damage in next time and maybe, just maybe that kill enemis incontinently.
Problem is that there is no way I can do that.
You can added grant skill that activated on taken enemies dmg and has effect that boosting health/energy regen or +%block chance/higher block dmg,... in duration.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal