Author Topic: % Damage Absorption  (Read 6203 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline wolpak

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
% Damage Absorption
« on: 07 August 2019, 20:02:42 »
Is it multiplicative, additive or just the highest one?  I thought I read somewhere it was multiplicative, but my very simple tests on a harbinger made it seem like only the highest mattered.

So, a full battle standard (45% DA), Trance of Cov (20%) and Distortion Field (20%) yields?

Multiplicative: 64.8%
Additive: 85%
Highest: 45%

???

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: % Damage Absorption
« Reply #1 on: 22 August 2019, 02:06:08 »
i know it's late.. but if you still don't have an answer, I tested with my conqueror
battle standard: 45% damage absorption
colossus form: 66% damage absorption
i removed all items and only wore thoths glory and SB cuffs both to get as high %damage absorption as possible and to render the +1 to skills from battle standard moot.. then i tested against the staff attack of the first boss in Helos.. the staff attack only to make sure armor and DA don't mess with the damage taken

while testing, i just found out that the show damage is bugged.. it doesn't consider the reduced damage caused by damage absorption.. and probably also doesn't consider resists

so i had to do it by eye test so my own test is crude also.. but i took pics to make it a little more trustworthy.. 2x each

notice that the damage shown all shows 1097 but if you look at my health, clearly it's not all 1097

items and skills:
Spoiler for Hiden:

1st pic is from full health with no battle standard and colossus form.. it shows 1097 but clearly i took more than that
Spoiler for Hiden:

next is with battle standard only.. it still shows 1097 but clearly the damage taken got reduced
Spoiler for Hiden:

next is with colossus form only.. colossus form itself raises health by 66%.. i'm taking less damage now compared to battle standard
Spoiler for Hiden:

last is with both colossus form and battle standard active.. this time i'm taking volcanic orb damage as well.. and i also quit and restarted cause colossus form CD is very long.. so maybe that's why it's saying 1227.. i'm taking considerably less damage but not immune (around 200 each hit)
Spoiler for Hiden:

all these were done with full health first, then after i get hit with 1 staff attack, i immediately take a screenshot

so with these, i think i can say %damage absorption is multiplicative

actually, i read this a few days ago but there was about 2 weeks where i couldn't play.. and then after that i got sick for a few days.. i tried a little bit after that but saw TQ very laggy so i lost interest.. only now my curiosity finally won

edit: just to make sure, I made another test with colossus form only.. this is with the same seed as the 1227 damage
Spoiler for Hiden:

clearly i'm taking more damage here than with both colossus form and battle standard active
« Last Edit: 22 August 2019, 09:36:56 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #2 on: 22 August 2019, 08:04:00 »
.........while testing, i just found out that the show damage is bugged.. it doesn't consider the reduced damage caused by damage absorption.. and probably also doesn't consider resists
That Satyr Shaman seems using Earth Enchanment (look animation on his body), so his staff attack can deal small Burn dmg, and this Burn dmg "too small and not show" => dmg you actually taken is bigger than dmg taken show.
Testing with mobs that using staff with lightning or cold dmg (even they have Storm Nimbus, they don't have any DoT source), its more accurate.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 22 August 2019, 08:14:35 »
it doesn't matter.. I take 200 damage but it still says 1k damage.. or do you mean the resists? I didn't test that cause it's not the topic here

edit: alright so i tested again the resists just for info's sake.. the show damage does consider resists.. but damage absorption, no
« Last Edit: 22 August 2019, 09:36:20 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #4 on: 22 August 2019, 09:56:53 »
it doesn't matter.. I take 200 damage but it still says 1k damage.. or do you mean the resists? I didn't test that cause it's not the topic here

edit: alright so i tested again the resists just for info's sake.. the show damage does consider resists.. but damage absorption, no
I talked about dmg that you take before using any +%dmg absorption which bigger than dmg displayed.
Dmg show is before %dmg Absorption, it like that previous Atlantis with new show All dmg feature.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 22 August 2019, 10:16:44 »
well.. it doesn't matter :)

edit: even when I equipped my items, the show damage says I'm taking 153.. after casting battle standard and colossus form, it still says 153.. but in reality, it looks like it's even less than 10
« Last Edit: 22 August 2019, 11:22:16 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal