Author Topic: [RESOURCES] Custom Models & Skins  (Read 488260 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: [RESOURCES] Custom Models & Skins
« Reply #1200 on: 11 April 2023, 11:49:46 »
Firstly, thank you for the next version of the mod. However, I have a question. Can I use the old textures you made on March 4, 2023 for the new meshes? I would like to replace some of the norse with this pale vampire you made, in my opinion the best character.
Currently they are not compatible, because that model has different UV map for the face. But i can try adapting them... baking in Blender can probably do the trick.
Not giving any promises it will work, but i'll see what i can do.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline areki38

• Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1201 on: 27 April 2023, 10:59:21 »
Hi there!

So, I would like to get back into playing TQ, and I have a plethora of questions:

1.   Skins
a)   Are all your skins in the EG mod? Or are there some projects I’d have to install separately?
b)   I used to like some skins which I think you may have abandoned, like female elves with and without cowl for example. Are they still available?
c)   Is there some website where I can browse all skins collectively, along with where exactly to get each? There are so many right now, it’s a task to go through all of them in-game, and
        when you find one you like, you might not remember which dye it was you just applied.
d)   My personal preference would be to have women characters with bigger busts, is that possible? Maybe the armors don’t even allow for that?
e)   Also, I so far haven’t found any, are there skins with different hair colors for men?

2.   EG mod
a)   I remember there were some added effects in the mod, like green poisonous clouds after killing some undead or carrion birds. These used to annoy me, since I don’t like my toons
        having to stand in these clouds if I’m playing melee. Is there a way to turn these off?
b)   I see there is different music in the mod, is there a way to keep the original music, or maybe even to pick and choose from original and alternate music myself?

3.   Version
So I have Atlantis & Ragnarok, but not the Eternal Embers addon. Is EE required for your mods to work? Do you even recommend EE?

Thank you very much for all you do and have done for this game and the community!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1202 on: 27 April 2023, 21:04:11 »
Hi there!

So, I would like to get back into playing TQ, and I have a plethora of questions:

1.   Skins
a)   Are all your skins in the EG mod? Or are there some projects I’d have to install separately?
b)   I used to like some skins which I think you may have abandoned, like female elves with and without cowl for example. Are they still available?
c)   Is there some website where I can browse all skins collectively, along with where exactly to get each? There are so many right now, it’s a task to go through all of them in-game, and
        when you find one you like, you might not remember which dye it was you just applied.
d)   My personal preference would be to have women characters with bigger busts, is that possible? Maybe the armors don’t even allow for that?
e)   Also, I so far haven’t found any, are there skins with different hair colors for men?

2.   EG mod
a)   I remember there were some added effects in the mod, like green poisonous clouds after killing some undead or carrion birds. These used to annoy me, since I don’t like my toons
        having to stand in these clouds if I’m playing melee. Is there a way to turn these off?
b)   I see there is different music in the mod, is there a way to keep the original music, or maybe even to pick and choose from original and alternate music myself?

3.   Version
So I have Atlantis & Ragnarok, but not the Eternal Embers addon. Is EE required for your mods to work? Do you even recommend EE?

Thank you very much for all you do and have done for this game and the community!
To answer your questions:
1a - No, newer skins aren't part of EG, the skins there are mostly outdated.
1b - You can find updated link for elves on this post: https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=32.msg16386#msg16386
1c - closest thing is on Nexus, but generally no, the skins are spread on many post and places, i havent the time to organize them properly
1d - yes, the main issue is armor clipping. Btw, there is a rather simple way to make bigger breasts even without modeling. You just need to download MeshView nd open the female mesh with it. Then in Bones section browse to Bone_Boob and do the following:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Then save the mesh and replace the default one. The changes wont show in MeshView, but in game they will be quite visible.
1e - not at the moment

2a - i dont remember tbh, i guess only if you modify the database.
2b - not at the moment, but maybe its a good idea to make the music optional.

3a - yes, EE is required unfortunately. Also the mod is on hold atm, im working on another major project nd im not sure if i can update it soon.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline areki38

• Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1203 on: 28 April 2023, 09:34:59 »
Hi Nargil, thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

Following up~ ;)

1a/c Alright, so I'll check Nexus for the skins, and maybe browse through the last year of posts in this thread as well?
1b - Right, these look great, just FYI, I was referring to the elves on page 7 of this thread, so from really long ago.
1d - Sounds very intriguing. I downloaded a Meshview software, but I'm not sure it was the right one. Was from Sourceforge.net, should that be the wrong one, could you please provide a link to the correct software? Also, could you guide me as to where to find the female mesh? Thank you.

2a - I have to apologize, I just checked, what I talked about is actually part of normal vanilla game, don't know how I got that confused. For the longest time I used to think these green clouds came from the EG mod.

3 - Just to be clear - you're talking about which mod atm? The EG2 mod or the Deity Mastery mod, because I'm not planning to use the latter, and EG2 I thought seemed kind of finished.

Thank you again  :)
« Last Edit: 28 April 2023, 13:43:44 by areki38 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline areki38

• Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1204 on: 29 April 2023, 09:32:24 »
Alright. So I've tried a few things, and sadly a lot of it has turned out to be rather frustrating. Your NewSkins mod or all the other new skins available, none of it seems to be compatible with EG2. I tried deleting the skins file in the EG2 mod, but that didn't solve the problem.

So, instead of listing all my failed efforts, I thought maybe I should just try and write up what my goals, and then maybe you or somebody else can help me along the way to get where I want to be. Obviously, that's hardly anybody's duty in any way, but if the effort isn't too high, and somebody feels like helping out~ anyway, we'll see.

So, the kind of status that I wanted to arrive at was the following:
-) Be able to play EG2, or a comparable mod (maybe Soulvizier, although I'd prefer the Rogue Mastery to the new Occult one).
-) I like to play several characters (like alts) on and off, so I would like to have the following skins available, preferably without having to remove and add files to the Database folder each time I want to play a different character. The characters/skins would be:
     -) Perseus with short hair for men, helmets showing.
     -) A blonde woman, not sure yet, whether helmet should be showing or not (optional would be best).
     -) A red haired woman, helmet not sure yet.
     -) A green nymph, no helmet.
     -) An elven woman, helmet not sure yet.
     -) A nubian woman, helmet not sure yet.
     -) Woman with standard hair color, helmet showing.
So these are seven different toons at the same time, one of which is male, so that one might be easy. The others, I'd have hoped this would be achievable throughs dyes in the game.
-) About the boobs, like I said, I still haven't found a MeshView App that opens a window as in your guide. At least I understand now which mesh-files you meant, so I might be able to handle this if I found the correct Meshview-Software.

The above would be my goals. I wanted to play EG2 for the QoL aspects, not sure if I'd be using the mercenaries. I read somewhere that you yourself were more a fan of Soulvizier than EG2. Not sure if the current SV version allows for the Eternal Embers addon, which I just purchased, and of which I would like to be able to use the Neidan Mastery.

Right. I guess I'm probably asking a lot here. What is frustrating is there seem to be all these modifications within reach, but then you can't get them running the way you want to.
« Last Edit: 29 April 2023, 09:47:12 by areki38 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1205 on: 30 April 2023, 16:04:06 »
Hi Nargil, thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

Following up~ ;)

1a/c Alright, so I'll check Nexus for the skins, and maybe browse through the last year of posts in this thread as well?
1b - Right, these look great, just FYI, I was referring to the elves on page 7 of this thread, so from really long ago.
1d - Sounds very intriguing. I downloaded a Meshview software, but I'm not sure it was the right one. Was from Sourceforge.net, should that be the wrong one, could you please provide a link to the correct software? Also, could you guide me as to where to find the female mesh? Thank you.

2a - I have to apologize, I just checked, what I talked about is actually part of normal vanilla game, don't know how I got that confused. For the longest time I used to think these green clouds came from the EG mod.

3 - Just to be clear - you're talking about which mod atm? The EG2 mod or the Deity Mastery mod, because I'm not planning to use the latter, and EG2 I thought seemed kind of finished.

Thank you again  :)
1d - You can find the latest MeshView here: https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=350.msg18461#msg18461
The female mesh is generally located in Creatures/PC/Female folder inside any of my mods. However, in some of them there are multiple mesh variants, just pick one to test i guess.
3- Both are on hold, EG is not really updated for the latest EE version.

Rated 1 time
Excellent

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1206 on: 30 April 2023, 16:11:01 »
« Last Rated on: 30 April 2023, 17:45:54 »
Alright. So I've tried a few things, and sadly a lot of it has turned out to be rather frustrating. Your NewSkins mod or all the other new skins available, none of it seems to be compatible with EG2. I tried deleting the skins file in the EG2 mod, but that didn't solve the problem.

So, instead of listing all my failed efforts, I thought maybe I should just try and write up what my goals, and then maybe you or somebody else can help me along the way to get where I want to be. Obviously, that's hardly anybody's duty in any way, but if the effort isn't too high, and somebody feels like helping out~ anyway, we'll see.

So, the kind of status that I wanted to arrive at was the following:
-) Be able to play EG2, or a comparable mod (maybe Soulvizier, although I'd prefer the Rogue Mastery to the new Occult one).
-) I like to play several characters (like alts) on and off, so I would like to have the following skins available, preferably without having to remove and add files to the Database folder each time I want to play a different character. The characters/skins would be:
     -) Perseus with short hair for men, helmets showing.
     -) A blonde woman, not sure yet, whether helmet should be showing or not (optional would be best).
     -) A red haired woman, helmet not sure yet.
     -) A green nymph, no helmet.
     -) An elven woman, helmet not sure yet.
     -) A nubian woman, helmet not sure yet.
     -) Woman with standard hair color, helmet showing.
So these are seven different toons at the same time, one of which is male, so that one might be easy. The others, I'd have hoped this would be achievable throughs dyes in the game.
-) About the boobs, like I said, I still haven't found a MeshView App that opens a window as in your guide. At least I understand now which mesh-files you meant, so I might be able to handle this if I found the correct Meshview-Software.

The above would be my goals. I wanted to play EG2 for the QoL aspects, not sure if I'd be using the mercenaries. I read somewhere that you yourself were more a fan of Soulvizier than EG2. Not sure if the current SV version allows for the Eternal Embers addon, which I just purchased, and of which I would like to be able to use the Neidan Mastery.

Right. I guess I'm probably asking a lot here. What is frustrating is there seem to be all these modifications within reach, but then you can't get them running the way you want to.

Your ideas or similar are planned, but im not sure of the time they will be implemented... sorry. My ultimate goal is to make a normal mod where all these things will be in reach without the need for addon mods. Addons are both confusing to players and time-consuming to me... so i'll probably stop making them in the near future.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline areki38

• Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1207 on: 30 April 2023, 17:21:35 »
Alright. Well, then I guess I'll check back with you guys in a few years.

Rated 1 time
Excellent

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1208 on: 06 May 2023, 00:29:00 »
« Last Rated on: 06 May 2023, 16:02:25 »
Something i did recently for a certain mod - ever wondered how the actual Golden Fleece would look on your character?
Spoiler for Hiden:

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Antar36

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #1209 on: 06 May 2023, 11:42:29 »
Great idea to make headgear and robe from Golden Fleece. Everything looks great. By the way, thanks to the skull, the whole thing reminds me a bit of the Blood Raven.

Rated 1 time
Excellent

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1210 on: 06 May 2023, 14:06:55 »
« Last Rated on: 06 May 2023, 16:02:16 »
Thanks! Just made the male variant as well:
Spoiler for Hiden:
This is the new male model (Perseus) btw. Or maybe i should called him Jason? :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Melandrhild

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1211 on: 23 May 2023, 11:55:16 »
Hello,
I would like to know, if I want to play a normal female character on Titan Quest Anniversary (up to Ragnarok) but I wish her to have red hair, is it possible and with which mod or file ? The topic here looks awesome but is a bit overwhelming, especially for knowing if the file will be or not compatible, and the huge (and quite amazing) skin mod on the Nexus seems to change the characters a bit too much for me, and works just for Greece for now.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1212 on: 24 May 2023, 19:52:01 »
Hello,
I would like to know, if I want to play a normal female character on Titan Quest Anniversary (up to Ragnarok) but I wish her to have red hair, is it possible and with which mod or file ? The topic here looks awesome but is a bit overwhelming, especially for knowing if the file will be or not compatible, and the huge (and quite amazing) skin mod on the Nexus seems to change the characters a bit too much for me, and works just for Greece for now.
You mean the default hairstyle, just redhead?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Melandrhild

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1213 on: 24 May 2023, 19:55:16 »
Yes :) I wouldn't mind a skin a bit more pale, but red hair would already be a lot ! I used to use the All Skins mod on the old version of the game, but now I feel a bit lost...

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1214 on: 28 May 2023, 23:47:53 »
@セラフィム and @Melandrhild , here are the files you requested (see attachments below).
Sorry for the big delay.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal