Author Topic: Newbie with questions  (Read 1399 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline NeveroddoreveN

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Newbie with questions
« on: 04 July 2023, 15:00:54 »
Hey everyone!! I am a rather new to the Titan Quest games and have a few questions. I hope someone can shed a bit of light on them. First, how is the storyline? Is the game rather linear? How much character customization is there? Are there any sites that help with character builds, drop rates, and such? Is the loot found random? What about items/gear obtained via finishing quests? Are there any mods for Titan Quest (I am playing on a PS5, btw)? ...last time I played, I had a mod installed that made 3x as many enemies appear on the screen, but the loot was 3x as good. How much replay-ability is there with Titan Quest? Is there anything else I would need to know or find interesting in this game? Any and all help is appreciated!! Thanks so much!!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: Newbie with questions
« Reply #1 on: 04 July 2023, 20:04:18 »
Well, if you like ancient mythologies it's pretty good.  The game is fairly linear though I know I got lost a few times when I first started playing.  Not much character customisation, you can change the colour and type of basic clothing your character starts with, but that's it.  Builds you can ask about here, drops rates probably the titan quest database website.  Loot is random and you don't obtain any gear/items via quests though you will get some skill/attribute points from a few in the game.  There are mods for the game, but far as I know none will work except on PC's.  Replay ability, well that depends on the player.  Some will only play once if that, others will play for years and years like me. And loads will be between those two points. 

Not Yet Rated!

Offline HekTo

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #2 on: 04 July 2023, 20:11:19 »
Are there any mods for Titan Quest (I am playing on a PS5, btw)? ...last time I played, I had a mod installed that made 3x as many enemies appear on the screen
I understand that if you have already played with mods but you are asking if there are modifications for this game, then the question is about modifications for PS5 (and you played with mods on PC before)?
I don’t know if there is for PS5, but I helped one person make TQ mods for PS4 a long time ago.
« Last Edit: 04 July 2023, 20:12:50 by HekTo »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline NeveroddoreveN

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 04 July 2023, 20:34:14 »
Yes, I played Titan Quest a long time ago, most of the map, lore and game mechanics of the game, I have forgotten. And that was on my PC. Now I am playing on my PS5, it's awesome to see this game on the big screen!!!! (haha) What is the Titan Quest Database Website? It's kinda a disappointment that the PS5 version has no mods - the only mod I have every used was one that increased both enemy frequency and gear by 3x. If, by slim chance, there are mods for the PS5 version, I would be more than happy to hear about it. I have come to understand that Sony is not really mod-friendly. Where do I go on this website to talk about character builds? My current character will be primarily melee, I might equip a bow if it is necessary.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #4 on: 04 July 2023, 21:12:56 »
Database is here

https://www.tq-db.net/en

And for build discussion then the AE general discussion is probably the best place.

https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?board=59.0

There is an Android/Console section, but it's pretty quiet.

https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?board=270.0

Not Yet Rated!

Offline NeveroddoreveN

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 04 July 2023, 21:16:50 »
Awesome!! Thanks so much for the heads up!! I am quite appreciative!  :D

Not Yet Rated!

Offline HekTo

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #6 on: 04 July 2023, 21:23:11 »
Interesting. For PS4, I did exactly xmax x3 and lootplus.
I don't have a PS4 or PS5 and I don't know how it works, but is there even the slightest chance that a mod that was made for PS4 came up for PS5?

Upd. A few screenshots that were sent to me by a user whom I helped to make mods for PS4 (the NPC name has been changed in the screenshot from the game)
Spoiler for Screenshots:
« Last Edit: 04 July 2023, 21:38:21 by HekTo »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline NeveroddoreveN

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 04 July 2023, 21:29:45 »
Neat!! Yeah, a friend recommended the site for the mod, but I did some exploring and found another one - it erased my entire inventory and everything I had left with the guy who holds your stuff for you. I was quite angry!! I don't remember what I did, but I found a way to reverse that process, and I got my stuff back. As for mods for PS4 and PS5, I am not sure. I mean, it's quite possible, but I really can't say with 100% accuracy.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Zardoz

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 05 July 2023, 19:42:55 »
If you're rather new to the game, i suggest beating it with at least one character before going for mods. Get the full original experience first, you might just like it better at the end. As for extra loot modifications... anyone is free to play how they like, but i strongly recommend to avoid them, they're no different than cheats. A lot of the satisfaction of playing a game like TQ is findig good loot, and when the loot is handed to you because of a cheat, the value of the items is lost, as well as the satisfaction of finding something interesting. You might not care about that now, but when the gameplay and item gain gets boring, redundant, and you lose interest before the end of the game, then you'll understand.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline NeveroddoreveN

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 05 July 2023, 21:19:52 »
I am a bit new - I did play Titan Quest on my PC a long while back, so most of the game is still quite new to me. And I appreciate your suggestion to hold off on mods for the time being - get a playthrough under my belt, and then go from there. Thanks so much!!

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal