Author Topic: Can i do a oriented farm or is all random?  (Read 1817 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Sasuto

• Visitor
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -3
Can i do a oriented farm or is all random?
« on: 20 October 2022, 01:03:22 »
In this game the drop system is all random or can i farm something in specific?

I need a spear for act 4, i'm lvl 32.

Someone told me that a mob drops what it is using, but that means if it is using a spear it will drop any spear from that level or the specific spear that it is using?

When i search spears in tq-db it dont tell me about normal mobs, just unique/bosses that drop a specific item and dont tell me where i can find these mobs too.

Thanks.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Cleglaw

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Can i do a oriented farm or is all random?
« Reply #1 on: 21 October 2022, 02:08:28 »
Spear wielders will drop spears, the ones they are using. You might also try shopping for one at a merchant; sometime they have good stuff. Otherwise, if you are in search of a unique spear, you will have to farm bosses, but of course, you may or may not get a spear that way.
The last dying words of Dominique Bouhours, French grammarian
"I am about to — or I am going to — die: either expression is correct."

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Cleglaw

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 21 October 2022, 05:07:11 »
I forgot about Mbuti's Advocate. That is a nice spear dropped by Anouran spear wielders in Hades. It has nice damage and Study Prey.
The last dying words of Dominique Bouhours, French grammarian
"I am about to — or I am going to — die: either expression is correct."

Rated 1 time
Excellent

Offline Xerxes

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #3 on: 21 October 2022, 10:29:18 »
« Last Rated on: 26 October 2022, 20:34:03 »
For spears you could also go to Atlantis. More than 80 percent of the item drops there are spears, no unique or legendary spears though, as far as I remember.

In Gadir, the starter City of Atlantis, there is also a gambler NPC where you can buy orbs that hold random loot. With some spare money and luck you might find nice items in them.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Sasuto

• Visitor
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 21 October 2022, 16:51:47 »
I was able to progress from that point i was stuck guys, thank you. Now i am in the middle of Ragnarok's expansion.

But forgetting about spears, the drop system is:

MI = Drops from specific monsters (can be normal mobs or hero/bosses, depends on MI)
Non-MI = Drops from monsters that uses that weapon/armor piece. In this case the level of the monster change something?

Is that right or am i misunderstanding? 

Thanks

Rated 1 time
Excellent

Offline Xerxes

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 22 October 2022, 11:32:26 »
« Last Rated on: 26 October 2022, 20:33:53 »
As far as I know, when a monster is spawned, the game decides what items it gets, depending on the configured loot lists of the creature and the chances to equip something from these loot lists. This applies to all types of items. Therefore you can even see, if a monster is wearing something special, if the item has a unique appearance.

MIs are restricted to certain monsters. Take the famous Stonebinder Cuffs for example. They are only in the loot lists of gorgon special archers, namely pyromancers, venomancers, the gorgon heroes Cenobia and Iolanthe and the three gorgon queens in the Pythian Caves.

The higher the level of your opponents, the more powerful the items get. Weapons do more damage, armor is stronger and magical properties get stronger too. This also increases the requirements. But you can get more powerful stuff sometimes, that you can't even use yet. For example I found jewelry at some single digit level, which had a minimum level requirement of 15 or 18. Also in Atlantis on normal difficulty I found some staves that had epic properties on them. This might be a bug though.
Once you have a character on Epic or Legendary, you can use them to provide nice gear to lower level characters. The gambler NPC is a great source for that. Your high level character will probably have collected quite a number of pieces in his journey too. Don't sell them, put them into TQVault, especially legendary items and all sets starting from epic difficulty.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Sasuto

• Visitor
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 22 October 2022, 15:21:36 »
As far as I know, when a monster is spawned, the game decides what items it gets, depending on the configured loot lists of the creature and the chances to equip something from these loot lists. This applies to all types of items. Therefore you can even see, if a monster is wearing something special, if the item has a unique appearance.

MIs are restricted to certain monsters. Take the famous Stonebinder Cuffs for example. They are only in the loot lists of gorgon special archers, namely pyromancers, venomancers, the gorgon heroes Cenobia and Iolanthe and the three gorgon queens in the Pythian Caves.

The higher the level of your opponents, the more powerful the items get. Weapons do more damage, armor is stronger and magical properties get stronger too. This also increases the requirements. But you can get more powerful stuff sometimes, that you can't even use yet. For example I found jewelry at some single digit level, which had a minimum level requirement of 15 or 18. Also in Atlantis on normal difficulty I found some staves that had epic properties on them. This might be a bug though.
Once you have a character on Epic or Legendary, you can use them to provide nice gear to lower level characters. The gambler NPC is a great source for that. Your high level character will probably have collected quite a number of pieces in his journey too. Don't sell them, put them into TQVault, especially legendary items and all sets starting from epic difficulty.

Thank you. I think i have a overview knowledge now.

And yes, i am keeping all good equips i drop on mules for my next characters  :)

By the way, do you know any database compiling all mobs and his drop pool? I am using https://tq-db.net/   but it is only for unique monsters and it dont show where they spawn  :(

Rated 1 time
Excellent

Offline Xerxes

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 23 October 2022, 10:57:59 »
« Last Rated on: 26 October 2022, 20:33:46 »
I don't use loot databases, but if you're looking for info on a specific monster, you can look it up in the Titan Quest Wiki.

For better loot chances I recommend Loot Plus, so you don't have to farm so much.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline SantosMcguire

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #8 on: 27 April 2023, 04:09:23 »
In this game the drop system is all random or can i farm something in specific?

I need a spear for act 4, i'm lvl 32.

Someone told me that a mob drops what it is using, but that means if it is using a spear it will drop any spear from that level or the specific spear that it is using?

When i search spears in tq-db it dont tell me about normal mobs, just unique/bosses that drop a specific item and dont tell me where i can find these mobs too.

Thanks.
In most games, the drop system is usually random, but there are some games where specific items can only be obtained from certain enemies or bosses.

Regarding your question about obtaining a spear for Act 4 in your current level, it is possible to farm for spears, but the chances of obtaining a specific spear may vary depending on the game's mechanics.

In some games, enemies may drop the weapon they are using, while in others, the drop may be entirely random. It's also worth noting that the level of the enemy you defeat may affect the level of the item they drop.]

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal