Author Topic: Legion of Champions Eternal Embers Alpha Download  (Read 18126 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
Legion of Champions Eternal Embers Alpha Download
« on: 20 December 2022, 05:14:32 »
MEGA Drive folder link:
https://mega.nz/folder/FlBiXZaL#1TulGpnS0oTVTPJkQ1bWag

Select full mod LegionOfChampions_EE.zip and select download.

If you only want the database for an update, select the LegionOfChampions_EE_database_only.zip and select download.

I think everything is working for now.

The game will crash to desktop if you are playing, exit to main menu and try to play again. Most of the time.  ???

Pet summon amount limits:
Defense: 1 Shield Maiden and a second at level 26, 1 Armored Spirit, Phalanx is the same as base game
Dream: 1 Nightmare, 2 at level 5, 3 at level 26. Dream Copy (forget it's name) 1, same as base game
Earth: 1 Magma Elemental, 2 at level 5, 3 at level 26. Core Dweller 1 limit
Hunting: 1 Wolf, 2 at level 5, 3 at level 26. 1 Bear limit
Nature: 1 Forest Nymph, 2 t level 5, 3 at level 26. 1 Sylvan Nymph limit
Neidan: 1 Dragon, 2 at level 5, 3 at level 26. 1 Terra Cotta monster lure limit
Runemaster: 1 Rune Golem, 2 at level 4, 3 at level16, 4 at level 26. Menhir Wall same as vanilla. Menhir Altar spawns 3 with a projectile summons.
Spirit: Skeleton Berzerker 1, Skeleton Warrior 1, 2 at level 5, 3 at level 26. Skeleton Archer 1, 2 at level 5, 3 at level 26 30 second life span. Lich King 1.
Rogue: Killbot 1. Traps 1, 2 at level 5, 3 at level 9, 4 at level 26. No cooldown.
Storm: Frost Wisp 1, Storm Wisp 1, Ice Golem 1
Warfare: Ancestral Warriors 1, 2 at level 5, 3 at level 26. Spectral Archers 1, 2 at level 5 3 at level 26. Battle Standard 1.

If you talk to the first NPC fellow at the game's start he will grant you level 2 for those that want a boost or those who want a no kill run.

Some things are overpowered/underpowered. Let me know what you think and I may even agree, you never know.  8)

As always in alpha, if there's something broken, please help me out by letting me know.
« Last Edit: 01 January 2023, 19:47:20 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: Legion of Champions Eternal Embers Alpha Download
« Reply #1 on: 20 December 2022, 08:40:29 »
Woohoo! Gonna give this a try BG.  Loved the previous version and glad that you're working on updating the mod for EE. 

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 20 December 2022, 11:20:55 »
Okay, decided to clean out all the old LoC stuff from years ago (boy that was fun in TQVault  ;D ) so completely fresh start for this mod.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #3 on: 20 December 2022, 16:12:07 »
Testing it right now. Picked Neidan as first mastery to try out the new bow skill.
Mutual Suffering unlocks at Mastery level 4 without having poins on Consequences, shouldn't it be dependable?
The new skill icons look great, i cant tell the difference with original Neidan skills :D
« Last Edit: 20 December 2022, 16:14:38 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 20 December 2022, 17:00:18 »
Mutual Suffering unlocks at Mastery level 4 without having poins on Consequences, shouldn't it be dependable?
Yeah, I have to put spreading rot in the skill dependency slot. I get really frustrated with the naming convention post immortal throne, I have to memorize both the ingame skill names and the database file skill names and I don't do that as well as I used to.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 20 December 2022, 17:27:54 »
Sacred Rage is tier 2 skill, but unlocks at mastery lvl 0.
I got killed at lvl 5, so my petless hardcore attempt #1 ended  :-\. The new Neidan bow skill is cool, but i rather use something not so energy dependable. Maybe ill go for a battle mage, will see.

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 20 December 2022, 18:30:40 »
A few things I noticed.

Crude Butcher Knife doesn't have a pet bonus on it.  And items show all their info even when it's turned off ingame. 

The last 4 squares of the transfer stash won't take any items for some reason; couldn't place those wraps there.  Relic works okay, didn't have enough items to try the personal stash.

There's a caravan driver at Tegea, but no caravan with him.

Otherwise:
Nessus downed

so I decided to have roast satyr mage in celebration.   ;D

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 20 December 2022, 19:14:31 »
lol at the roasting satyr, nice

The transfer stash UI is bugged. THe transfer stash will only host a 15 x 16 storage no matter what bigger settings are in the database. If you change the transfer stash settings from the base game, the UI image that applies over it to show it's dimensions won't display at all. nargill66 tried to add a plate with the sort button, but it didn't work. so it will be a disclaimer for the mod as I want the largest transfer stash I can get but the game bugs out and you can't show how big it is with a UI image plate. I can only reduce the size to the game's default transfer stash or have the buggy display for the bigger one.

THe butcher knife pet bonus pointed to the default affix and not the pet bonus for the affix, nice catch thank you.

I don't know what you mean when you say "All items show all their info even when it's turned off in game". Is that something new? You can turn off affix UI  or something?

I have not included a game map so I have to repurpose existing in-map objects using the database files. I wanted a caravan in Tegea so I swapped in a caravan NPC for the Tegea storyteller. Compromises. I could include the caravan like the new encounters did, but adding an NPC dynamically via a proxy means they disappear when you leave the area, so imagine the caravan guy with a big overcoat whispering "psst, hey buddy...I got all your stuff right here" as he opens his coat and looks sideways for cops.

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 20 December 2022, 19:24:50 »
Usually when I hover over an item on the ground it doesn't show anything, but its name.  There is an option to turn off item comparison between what's in your inventory and what you're wearing, but even when I turned that off the item still shows all its stats as you can see. 

I'm sorely tempted to try Hunting/Neidan with the bow thing and wolves, bear and a dragon!  But Terracottas being temp pets.  Ugh.  I'll pass on those. 

Now I just need TQVault to see the new character/transfer stash.  It only sees storage and not transfer/relic.  Maybe I need to download the latest version and see if that'll work with the mod.

Nice surprise birthday present btw BG.  Seeing this was ready to play made my day.   :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 20 December 2022, 19:56:25 »
ok, my new warrior is now in spartan camp, just killed nessus. I fear pirates and other stuff, so i'll farm Nessus to gain a few more levels.
Btw, if you want to add a Mystic in Spartan camp withot map editing, there is an unique NPC in "records\creature\npc\greece\sparta\spartancamp\male_soldierarchstationary02.dbr"
It's the only archer waring greaves down in the valley, on the right from the road.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 20 December 2022, 20:06:14 »
The terracotta is not a temp pet. It is a Monster Lure and Battle Standard. The dragons are the only pets in Neidan.

Once you throw down a terracotta monster lure and get the enemy debuff and the party buff, I think you will like it better.

EDIT: Happy birthday Medea!  :))
« Last Edit: 20 December 2022, 20:26:16 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: 20 December 2022, 21:09:11 »
Thanks BG.  :)

Monster Lure/Battle Standard, hm.  Can't say I'm a fan of either of those skills in vanilla, but maybe I'll give the warriors a try and see how it goes.  I prefer throwing things away from me rather than having to get in closer to drop something and risk getting aggro doing it which is why I've never been keen on Monster Lure and Battle Standard just has too long a cooldown for me to bother with it. 

I'd still like to spam Quillvine too.  That was fun. 

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: 20 December 2022, 21:31:05 »
I agree about dropping banners and monster lure beside me as I play as a petmancer/caster. The terra Cotta banner is a projectile summons. I used the XPack4 little terra cotta statue as the projectile, it's pretty cute to throw a little terra cotta doll into a group of enemies and it springs up as an intimidating statue that enrages them lol

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: 20 December 2022, 21:35:44 »
Well, that does sound interesting.  I'll give it a try soon. 

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: 21 December 2022, 00:01:04 »
First complety-broken-hotfix update.

My text utility replaced all the champion heart reagents with a carriage return in the text instead of "\r" so it was <carriage return character>elics\, which of course broke all the Ordnance formula.

I have updated the main mod file download and uploaded the fixed database as a separate smaller download in the OP and I'll put it here too:

<link in OP>

There aren't any new textures/animations/meshes for this fix so the database download is just a smaller one for convenience's sake.

« Last Edit: 24 December 2022, 03:20:49 by Bumbleguppy »

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal