Author Topic: Elemental Archer Stonespeaker (Earth + Rune) Build  (Read 19416 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline letsrock

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
Elemental Archer Stonespeaker (Earth + Rune) Build
« on: 26 July 2019, 00:28:36 »
My new build :)

Introduction
This is a guide on the Stonespeaker (Earth + Rune) build for Titan Quest AE: Ragnarok (Atlantis) that uses bow only, dealing fire/elemental damage.

Why Earth + Rune for an elemental archer build:
  • Rune has Rune Weapon tree and Rune Word: Explode tree that boost Fire/Elemental damage
  • Rune has Thunder Strike tree that boosts damage and provides CC
  • Earth has Earth Enchantment and Volatility that boost fire damage
  • Earth and Rune has good defensive skills that allows the toon to minimize kiting. This would also help boosting damage thanks to Rune Weapon.

Pros:
  • Good survivability compared to other caster/archer builds
  • Good CC
  • Decent at both single target and AoE

Cons:
  • Short buffs that require frequent refresh
  • The best weapon (Bramblewood bow) is in Act 4, no better weapon in Act 5
  • Not the fastest boss killer

For the rest of the build please visit:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1814921077

Cheers,

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Elemental Archer Stonespeaker (Earth + Rune) Build
« Reply #1 on: 26 July 2019, 04:11:31 »
i can't clearly remember how it is but last time i played, there was still an over abundance of thrown weapon drops.. 2 chakram of the sun might be easier to find than 1 bramblewood with a good enough affix.. and you can find it earlier too because the best bramblewoods are in act 4 legendary.. i know bows have farther range but 2 thrown weps mean 10 projectiles from thunder strike, which you can cast more often because 2 chakram of the sun gives 30% CDR.. then the set bonus... like 40% total damage? that's huge

2 touch of nyx for secondary weapon.. energy armor

also, i disagree that this has better survivability than other caster/archer builds

for archers, that usually means hunting.. not always but archer builds usually involves hunting.. high DA is easily gettable with hunting.. add in herbal remedy, CtAP, monster lure, trail blazing

for casters, maybe for all int casters which i think the majority of players don't like.. and even for real staff users (i mean mages that actually uses a staff and not just uses it because it can't equip any other weapons).. say a ternion diviner, i believe it has better survivability.. maybe even ternion oracle or conjurer.. i don't have enough experience with psionic beam but even that might have better survivability than your archer stonespeaker
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Zmeckancek

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 26 July 2019, 11:14:12 »
Sounds like a cool build, gonna make it as my first char today. I have 1 question though (as a beginner player): have you tryed the new fire nova skill? It does good burn damage, debuffs enemies, and it has huge AOE (clicking on tiny enemies can sometimes be a PITA). In my noob opinion it should complement this build pretty well

Not Yet Rated!

Offline letsrock

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 26 July 2019, 16:39:27 »
@botebote77: Rune Weapon works better with bows -- the longer the range of your weapon, the easier it is to achieve/maintain high level Rune Weapon buff. As for survivability, I mean it has good survivability compared to other casters/archers as in, better than average -- I didn't say it had the best survivability. And I certainly think it's better than average -- with a single set of gears it has 5k health, 2k energy armor, high resistances, decent DA.

@Zmeckancek: thanks! About Fire Nova, I think it could work especially if you attain a high level Rune Weapon buff. I haven't tested it much though as I wanted to use the bow exclusively.

@all: Anyway, this is more "How to build a good elemental archer", not "What is the best way to build a Stonespeaker". If you like to shoot arrows with fire and lightning, you will probably like this, otherwise, you might not.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 26 July 2019, 22:04:49 »
Rune Weapon works better with bows -- the longer the range of your weapon, the easier it is to achieve/maintain high level Rune Weapon buff.
assuming you have very high attack speed, yes

@all: Anyway, this is more "How to build a good elemental archer", not "What is the best way to build a Stonespeaker". If you like to shoot arrows with fire and lightning, you will probably like this, otherwise, you might not.
but in this sense, thunderer archer would be better, no? regardless of primal magma charm.. it will still scale with eye of the storm anyway.. and with storm nimbus tree, you boost 2 elementals instead of 1

hey pls understand, I'm not trashing your build :)
i 100% believe it's viable
i just think 2 chakram of the sun is ridiculously good especially for this build
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline letsrock

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 26 July 2019, 23:54:29 »
@botebote77: I know that throwing weapon works well with this build, but I wanted to show that a bow also works. And personally I prefer a bow.

As for Thunderer it's debatable whether it's better -- a Thunderer probably has better raw DPS but worse defense, which in turns might affect DPS as it might require more kiting. And personally I prefer Fire/Lightning rather than Lightning/Cold.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 27 July 2019, 00:31:33 »
i just saw the comments on your thread on steam just now

i want you to know, as a weapon, i agree with you i prefer bows than thrown weapons.. i don't even like to compare thrown weapons to bow, but rather to melee weapons.. because with the short range of thrown weps, you might as well fight in melee.. all characters i have that uses thrown weps as a weapon, i treat it as though it is a melee build.. i like to use neiths will but only as a caster and not as a weapon user

only in this case, i think 2 chakram of the sun is better what with +40% total damage

bit off topic:
i have chakram of the moon lightning dash oracle.. but it's not just a lightning dash build.. it's a petmaster + caster + lightning dash build.. so i needed high CDR hence chakram of the moon + rings of the rhine.. and i never thought of building it as an archer.. archer oracle lolz

back to topic:
i just posted this just to say i do not want to engage on bows vs thrown weapons.. for me, thrown weapons are melee weapons that do not crit but in turn doesn't need OA.. also, it's a melee weapon that you can use while inside briar ward
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 28 July 2019, 04:14:58 »
might be off-topic, but some people like to max heat shield and i see you maxed it too.. so just want to know the reason why

back in TQIT, it was regarded as a good 1pt wonder just for the 15% physical res.. the only change i see is

Heat Shield:
- Now aborbs a percentage of Fire Damage for 100 seconds

is fire absorption that good to warrant 11 more skill points? that damage absorption is still only for fire
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #8 on: 28 July 2019, 04:39:07 »
might be off-topic, but some people like to max heat shield and i see you maxed it too.. so just want to know the reason why

back in TQIT, it was regarded as a good 1pt wonder just for the 15% physical res.. the only change i see is

Heat Shield:

is fire absorption that good to warrant 11 more skill points? that damage absorption is still only for fire
Yes, it good for vs Fire enemies.
You can respec it anytime you want, so why not use it anytime :D

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 28 July 2019, 05:35:56 »
depends on the player maybe.. on my 12/13 yrs of playing, the only fire damage that ever posed a threat to me are vindicator mobs and only when i have low fire res.. so i never felt spending 11 skill points there
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #10 on: 28 July 2019, 05:51:41 »
Last Act5 enemies, Surtr deal alot of Fire dmg.
And if you lack of Fire Resisance on gears, it can help you, so you can free to use any gears part that good but lack of Fire res.
Actually it doesn't matter if you don't want to use it.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Torstein159

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: 28 July 2019, 11:14:31 »
Heat Shield:

Personally, I put more points into it, even with high fire res, as a protection from reflected damage.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline letsrock

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: 01 August 2019, 00:28:43 »
Heat Shield is not a priority, but still definitely useful as the absorption is percentage based and it lasts for a fixed amount of time now. By late Legendary I think maxing it is a good idea as other more important skills have already been maxed.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal