Author Topic: Soulvizier AERA - General ideas and suggestions  (Read 17160 times)

Offline darkdramon

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Soulvizier AERA - General ideas and suggestions
« Reply #15 on: 29 April 2020, 10:15:31 »

Question for you, if i may ask, how many deaths you have had when was playing summoner and what class did you go? I m trying to hunt for some achievments like "hardcore" (zero deaths), and i want to have less then 100 kills count.

I had about 80 deaths til Epic, most of them (40-60%) are caused by me rushing too fast and not noticing hero monsters (since in current build they don't have a star above them, some of them are lil bit harder to notice - which is a good improvement imo), and also there were some tough hero encounters that took me 5-10 deaths to kill them.

I took Hierophant (Nature+Spirit). Bone Fiend  is top, good AoE, good speed+dmg, Sylvan Nymph is pretty good too. didn't bother with wolves/skellies.
Good boost of overall output as a summoner comes from Mercenary contracts (especially early on in the game), plus I farmed Chimera's soul that gives a great helping hand in dealing with bosses/tough groups (most of the time lifetime of Chimera (30sec) is enough to kill any hero/boss/uber etc) and Moss Elemental for extra summon.

Offline gamingbox93

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #16 on: 29 April 2020, 10:20:45 »
Hello everyone,

First off all big thank you to soa and everyone who has made this mod possible to play on Titan Quest AERA.
I am old fan of the game and mod i've put more than 200 hours on mod and game on TQIT.
I am testing this mod and i want to share some impressions.
For now i am in  Egypat lower Nile lv 24 playing warfare+nature.
Mod plays smooth with no bugs.
I have few sugestions about mod first of all soul requerment: some souls require all there atributes to be worn so instead they sould require only atribute based on the weapon that hero has
for bows dex, for staffs int, for axes str and so on.

This version of SV deals much more damage than in TQIT SV so much that wolfes can not survive in Egypat from regular mobs without healing them. At the beginning my character had same problem but i was farming until i reached higher level so that i would not die all the time. Maybe damage in mod is bit too high.

Fighting in cave or tombs is very dangerous because for some reason there are atleast two heros in together
waiting for you. In Chirons bow quest there were 4 heros in total without counting ino.

Other than that everything else is good. I will report later if i find any bugs. Sorry for bad english. Have i nice day.

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #17 on: 29 April 2020, 16:12:42 »

This version of SV deals much more damage than in TQIT SV so much that wolfes can not survive in Egypat from regular mobs without healing them. At the beginning my character had same problem but i was farming until i reached higher level so that i would not die all the time. Maybe damage in mod is bit too high.

As a wanderer (Nature without other mastery), i had the same problem in Egypt and i had to stop my progression. So i started another char and found a piece of gear with 30% fire resistance for pets and a mercenary contract. Therefore i came back to the wanderer, put a few more points in Survival instinct so that wolves could survive better and got the help from the mercenary. As a result the wanderer finished act II, healing the wolves in tough heroes encounters (and fire bettles !). So i found difficulty of SV really nice as it is right now. Thanks for this great mod.

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: 29 April 2020, 19:43:29 »
Hello everyone,

First off all big thank you to soa and everyone who has made this mod possible to play on Titan Quest AERA.
I am old fan of the game and mod i've put more than 200 hours on mod and game on TQIT.
I have few sugestions about mod first of all soul requerment: some souls require all there atributes to be worn so instead they sould require only atribute based on the weapon that hero has

Fighting in cave or tombs is very dangerous because for some reason there are atleast two heros in together
waiting for you. In Chirons bow quest there were 4 heros in total without counting ino.

Other than that everything else is good. I will report later if i find any bugs. Sorry for bad english. Have i nice day.

Souls reqs are based on the type of damage and attribute bonuses the soul offers. Not necessarily on the weapon. In SV, some weapons and armor may require unusual reqs (eg : some axes with STR and INT, some armor with DEX and INT or STR and DEX ; there are more items like this in SV compared to vanilla). Souls follow the same rules. I tried to require all reqs sometimes (like Typhon) as a reward for hybrid characters, and because a lot of these souls are OP or very powerful, so this is for balance.
A lot of souls are not really balanced now, a lot of them don't give any drawback or have a huge list of bonuses. So having more reqs is just a way to improve balance, not make it perfect.
Also, I don't really like when you can equip a soul that doesn't suit your character at all, but because it is OP, it's better than anything else. So most of the time, soul reqs should be matching the bonuses (mostly the damage and the attribute bonuses).

I lowered damage and resistance of monsters in this version of SV, compared to classic TQIT. Maybe sometimes, the AE boosted the monsters so it cancels my changes.
Soulvizier for AE, Ragnarok and Atlantis [released] :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: 30 April 2020, 00:31:48 »
Some ideas:
1. Maybe we can have a slight rescale of Mastery skill tiers. Right now vanilla tiers are: 1>4>10>16>24>32>40 (or after lvl 1: +3/+6/+6/+8/+8/+8)
My idea is make the curve smoother and more consistent: 1>5>10>16>23>31>40 (increase after lvl 1 is: +4/+5/+6/+7/+8/+9)
2. Scroll mercenaries (Humans) - non-timed scroll summons buyable from cities. They fight for you untill they die. This was suggested from sunnysideup886089 for EG mod and i think the idea is pretty cool. If you want to implement, i can help with making different act mercs (some of them are already done).
3. All bosses like Hydra can spawn on all difficulties. I think it will make things more interesting, than waiting Epic or Legendary for a good boss fight.
« Last Edit: 30 April 2020, 00:35:57 by nargil66 »

Offline gamingbox93

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: 30 April 2020, 07:58:19 »
Hello everyone,

Souls reqs are based on the type of damage and attribute bonuses the soul offers. Not necessarily on the weapon. In SV, some weapons and armor may require unusual reqs (eg : some axes with STR and INT, some armor with DEX and INT or STR and DEX ; there are more items like this in SV compared to vanilla). Souls follow the same rules. I tried to require all reqs sometimes (like Typhon) as a reward for hybrid characters, and because a lot of these souls are OP or very powerful, so this is for balance.
A lot of souls are not really balanced now, a lot of them don't give any drawback or have a huge list of bonuses. So having more reqs is just a way to improve balance, not make it perfect.
Also, I don't really like when you can equip a soul that doesn't suit your character at all, but because it is OP, it's better than anything else. So most of the time, soul reqs should be matching the bonuses (mostly the damage and the attribute bonuses).

I lowered damage and resistance of monsters in this version of SV, compared to classic TQIT. Maybe sometimes, the AE boosted the monsters so it cancels my changes.

For me souls reqs are okay only it was wierd to see all three atributes required to wear soul. You are also right about being OP with souls especially in early stages in game i always used that loophole and it was like meh, easy to play, smashing everything up to Greece Telkine with ease.

I am 100% sure that damage is way higher than TQIT SV and I hope  that you will tweak it when you finish with act V and Atlantis as those areas of game are not even close by amount of content that other acts have.

Some ideas:
1. Maybe we can have a slight rescale of Mastery skill tiers. Right now vanilla tiers are: 1>4>10>16>24>32>40 (or after lvl 1: +3/+6/+6/+8/+8/+8)
My idea is make the curve smoother and more consistent: 1>5>10>16>23>31>40 (increase after lvl 1 is: +4/+5/+6/+7/+8/+9)
2. Scroll mercenaries (Humans) - non-timed scroll summons buyable from cities. They fight for you untill they die. This was suggested from sunnysideup886089 for EG mod and i think the idea is pretty cool. If you want to implement, i can help with making different act mercs (some of them are already done).
3. All bosses like Hydra can spawn on all difficulties. I think it will make things more interesting, than waiting Epic or Legendary for a good boss fight.

3. this is great idea although Hydra would be big challenge on normal difficulty but hey if loot is good no pain no gain   :D
« Last Edit: 30 April 2020, 13:05:44 by gamingbox93 »

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: 30 April 2020, 14:22:34 »
Some ideas:
1. Not sure of the point here ?
2. It can be good but I'm concerned for balance. I mean if there's no limit you could just stack a enormous army, even if that takes time ?
I think it needs a quest to work properly.
Plus I need scroll skill slots for other ideas, even if the are 30 skill slots in trees now and that next official patch should add a new tree for skills usable by everyone (Taunt + All pets attack).
Merc assets could also be added as classic contracts.
3. Definitely planned as said in EW. I almost included Talos in Normal in SV1.5 but it's more complicated than it sounds. I have to add correct level, maybe fix XP and his skills, and most important fix his chests : add/define loot tables, proxy accessory and such, and tweak the quest that manages the repeat boss chest. So I needed to make more tests before releasing.

For me souls reqs are okay only it was wierd to see all three atributes required to wear soul. You are also right about being OP with souls especially in early stages in game i always used that loophole and it was like meh, easy to play, smashing everything up to Greece Telkine with ease.
Souls requiring all reqs are not the majority. It's mostly for souls that are supposed to be for characters investing in all stats, or OP souls.
The number of souls requiring each stat is now (1.5b) as follows :
INT : 141
STR : 78
DEX : 75
STR+INT : 91
INT+DEX : 111
STR+DEX   : 63
ALL : 43
It's not balanced, I'll try to add more souls requiring pure STR and/or DEX. But as you can see, souls requiring all stats are about 7% of the total.

I am 100% sure that damage is way higher than TQIT SV and I hope  that you will tweak it when you finish with act V and Atlantis as those areas of game are not even close by amount of content that other acts have.
Also think about resistances and the fact you don't socket relics in uniques. I think it plays a role in the global impression of damage you receive.
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Offline gamingbox93

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: 01 May 2020, 19:43:10 »
Also think about resistances and the fact you don't socket relics in uniques. I think it plays a role in the global impression of damage you receive.

That theory may be for the player who has started a fresh game and does not have proper gear or for someone who plays on legendary difficulty and does not care about resistances. I learned long before SV that survival in this game is based on resistances and that good gear with relics and charms that provide good stats based on your style of play, what gives you best chance to survive. Also you lowered resistance penalty in first place so this should not be a problem.
Many many times i sacrifice atributes because of resistance because i know that i will be beaten badly by regular mobs.
This game is huge and needs lot of time to be invested in building proper character and it is very frustrating to die all the time.
Maybe this mod is to difficult for me and it is such a shame because it gives you all stuff and content that devs did not put in game.
I respect your hard work and time that you put in all of this. Don't bother with my complaints as i only want to enjoy in this great game and the mod.
« Last Edit: 01 May 2020, 20:04:07 by efko »

Offline tikondrusss1994

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: 01 May 2020, 21:00:58 »
       What do you think of "lightning dash" can teleport short distances instead? The skill of the storm really does not need to get close to opponents, and in addition, there are so many close encounters with opponents in the game (fast approach to opponents and mastery of the storm is a dubious idea), this ability is used in really rare cases. And teleporting over short distances, with a reasonable cost of mana, will be in demand, since you can more effectively avoid hits

The energy shield / heat shield in Atlantis for some time absorbed damage in%, and in SE in units in a complex mode. And the units, I think, are few.
is it so conceived?

Add batle stances to the warrior - this will give great variability and combinations with other schools. You can choose only one stance (as in a dream mastery with a trance)
     1 stance (combat stance) gives armor reduction of ~ 110 and 15% for all speeds at the maximum level

The 2nd stance (the position of an angry berserker) gives ~ 90 spell speed and ~ 17% the total damage at the maximum level, but reduces the resistance to physics or piercing (or something else, it's a berserker)
     You can combine skills from a branch of possession of 2 weapons or from the synergy of "war dance" or or remove the ability "Hew" - to save space for skills

What do you think about adding the possibility of hunting:
2 types of pets (different bonuses are used for hunting: traps, lures, pets), but you can choose only one of 2 (like trances in a dream mastery)
1) which lures enemies (serves as a bait and is able to provoke and survive) a bear, a turtle, etc.
2) serves as an assistant to drive the victim into a corner, adds to the owner the effect n% of the total damage (this can be a tiger)
therefore, the connection with the hunt was completed
(you can combine the spear skill (active ability) in 1 to make room for pets
     if the mechanics of the game are limited for this action, then it would be possible to summon 1 pet, but in random order or only for 1 pet of support (control over a certain crowd: an example is fear causing a roar of a bear) on opponents)

The perfect block is a very situational skill, which is rarely used even to survive (it is usually taken by those who play through assistants or reflectors of the templar)
    what i suggest: absorption of ~ 50-40% damage over ~6 seconds, but reduces total damage by 40-50%, attack speed 15% and spells by 30% cd ~ 200 sec
so that it does  require shields or cd 40 seconds, but so that the reload does work like a "trowhing knife"
    this will not only prevent a hit, but also give time for regrouping

What do you think about these ideas?

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: 01 May 2020, 22:21:09 »
       What do you think of "lightning dash" can teleport short distances instead? The skill of the storm really does not need to get close to opponents, and in addition, there are so many close encounters with opponents in the game (fast approach to opponents and mastery of the storm is a dubious idea), this ability is used in really rare cases. And teleporting over short distances, with a reasonable cost of mana, will be in demand, since you can more effectively avoid hits

The energy shield / heat shield in Atlantis for some time absorbed damage in%, and in SE in units in a complex mode. And the units, I think, are few.
is it so conceived?

Add batle stances to the warrior - this will give great variability and combinations with other schools. You can choose only one stance (as in a dream mastery with a trance)
     1 stance (combat stance) gives armor reduction of ~ 110 and 15% for all speeds at the maximum level

The 2nd stance (the position of an angry berserker) gives ~ 90 spell speed and ~ 17% the total damage at the maximum level, but reduces the resistance to physics or piercing (or something else, it's a berserker)
     You can combine skills from a branch of possession of 2 weapons or from the synergy of "war dance" or or remove the ability "Hew" - to save space for skills

What do you think about adding the possibility of hunting:
2 types of pets (different bonuses are used for hunting: traps, lures, pets), but you can choose only one of 2 (like trances in a dream mastery)
1) which lures enemies (serves as a bait and is able to provoke and survive) a bear, a turtle, etc.
2) serves as an assistant to drive the victim into a corner, adds to the owner the effect n% of the total damage (this can be a tiger)
therefore, the connection with the hunt was completed
(you can combine the spear skill (active ability) in 1 to make room for pets
     if the mechanics of the game are limited for this action, then it would be possible to summon 1 pet, but in random order or only for 1 pet of support (control over a certain crowd: an example is fear causing a roar of a bear) on opponents)

The perfect block is a very situational skill, which is rarely used even to survive (it is usually taken by those who play through assistants or reflectors of the templar)
    what i suggest: absorption of ~ 50-40% damage over ~6 seconds, but reduces total damage by 40-50%, attack speed 15% and spells by 30% cd ~ 200 sec
so that it does  require shields or cd 40 seconds, but so that the reload does work like a "trowhing knife"
    this will not only prevent a hit, but also give time for regrouping

What do you think about these ideas?
I don't know how to make a teleport without an enemy target, or it would work only with ranged.
Limiting the distance itself is not really doable, but I could create a duration-based skill with improved speed. If I can control speed and duration, I can control distance in a way.
So I think it could be a skill that is activated on attack, with one or more charges, like Onslaught, and when it's activated, gives you a lot of run speed for a very short duration.

Heat Shield has been buffed with % absorption on top of flat absorption, and flat has been increased. I don't think it's a bad skill. It can also be cast on a 8m radius (description needs an update) and reduced cooldown with more levels.
Energy Shield may be increased in the same way.

About Warfare+Hunting, it would interfere with Dream skills. I can't make it exclusive only in Warfare tree or Hunting tree.
If I make an exclusive Warfare stance, you won't be able to use it with any Dream Trance.
I also can't make a random pet summon (if possible, I don't know the way).
It's probable that wolves of Nature will move to Hunting, so it would be like your 2nd Hunting skill.
Maybe I can put Monster Lure back in the Hunting tree too, but can't make it exclusive with wolves.

For Perfect Block, not sure, it would require more tests to know if it's good.

Offline tikondrusss1994

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: 01 May 2020, 23:37:44 »
I saw a teleport in "Destiny mod" with unique gloves and it was wonderful  8)

Warfarer mastery: I always wanted to see an aura or buff on the speed of spells (so that the possibilities for merging with magic mastery were higher) or something like that, and the speed of spells for a warrior will also not be superfluous, although not mandatory  :)

Perfect Block: What tests do need to do? Can i be helpful?

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: 02 May 2020, 01:02:16 »
I saw a teleport in "Destiny mod" with unique gloves and it was wonderful  8)

Warfarer mastery: I always wanted to see an aura or buff on the speed of spells (so that the possibilities for merging with magic mastery were higher) or something like that, and the speed of spells for a warrior will also not be superfluous, although not mandatory  :)

Perfect Block: What tests do need to do? Can i be helpful?
Well, if you have the name of the gloves and a link for the mod, I can try to retrieve it.

I'm skeptic about increasing casting speed for Warfare, for a "Berserker" skill I would have thought increased attack speed would fit more thematically.
There are other ways for a Warrior to improve casting speed.
- Magical jewelry (Occult prefix) can increase casting speed.
- There are also new rare affixes in SV that can increase casting speed, like Shorechanter's (rings), Dreadnaught's (melee torso + shields), of Cosmic Power (Staves), of Ignition/Phlogiston (melee weapons), of Madness/Insanity (Jewelry).
- Storm also gives more casting speed in the mastery bar.

I think temporary increased casting speed would fit more in Storm.

For Perfect Block, I mean I think there are many ideas to tweak or add skills right now, and I don't know if they will be good ingame.
Also, if I add new skills and then find that they don't work well, I would have to delete them but people would lose their skill points if they don't go to the Mystic before to reset the skills.
So it would be better to wait until some new/tweaked skills are finished, and then maybe I'll launch a private beta for some people to test the skills. Beta testers would have to be vigilant about the fact that their characters may lose skill points if I delete or change the number of skill points.
This way, there wouldn't be any problems for people playing the main mod.

Offline tikondrusss1994

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards

Offline tikondrusss1994

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: 02 May 2020, 10:37:30 »
there the distance is unlimited if you not use the "shift" key the teleportation distance is ~ 10 meters
Teleports like Diablo 2 didn't bother anyone, but here you can sometimes teleport long distances

Offline JuGG

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #29 on: 02 May 2020, 22:22:30 »
Hello Soa, great mod, great work!!!
Do you plan to add more skills to masteries? Right now in some masteries we can use 27 skills, in Hunting only 25 ect, if yes, here is some ideas:
In Soulvizer mod many magic staffs using physical or poison damage, what do u think about idea to add charge level attack in Nature with elemntal damages debuff but with poison or physical damage boost, maybe with slower attack speed with each charge lvl or something like that for the balance.
In Defence mastery we havent a skill which can counter strong enemies on distance like casters or archers(shield charge can counter,but still its a close range attack),maybe projectile attack with stun chance or skill distruption chance will make game with shield faster and more fun.
For example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ2wL1FwMCU&feature=youtu.be.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal