Author Topic: Questions: Monster Stats in Epic/Legendary and difficulty-dependent Skills  (Read 4183 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Lavendarjosh

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
First of all, apologies for cluttering this board with my threads, I tried scouring the web for answers but came up empty.

What stat increases do monsters get in Epic and Legendary, especially regarding health? The old GlobalProperties aren't used anymore apparently, and while I was able to track it down to the monstergamebalanceattributes.dbr, there are 18 levels with no way to tell what is applied when.

My second question is: is there any way to have a player skill use different values for each difficulty, e.g. 100 in normal, 250 in epic and 500 in legendary?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
What stat increases do monsters get in Epic and Legendary, especially regarding health? The old GlobalProperties aren't used anymore apparently, and while I was able to track it down to the monstergamebalanceattributes.dbr, there are 18 levels with no way to tell what is applied when.
The values are related to the difficulty and number of players. The first six, for example, are for a Normal player, with 1-2-3-4-5-6 players. The same logic follows for Epic and Legendary.

My second question is: is there any way to have a player skill use different values for each difficulty, e.g. 100 in normal, 250 in epic and 500 in legendary?
Not really, you can only set a value according to the skill level.

Take for example Sprig, the Anteok MI. It grants the same skill at a different level depending on the difficulty. I don't think there's a way to do the same thing outside of this scenario.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Lavendarjosh

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Thanks, it was driving me crazy I couldn't find a single source on this. The internet really isn't what it used to be :/

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Vio

• aka Violos
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
This is because the Titanquest.net forum sadly disappeared into oblivion, which was a treasure trove of documentation and exchanging tips especially for modders.

There have been some attempts to salvage parts of it, but unfortunately only fragments survived afaik.

But yes - only monster skills and stats use difficulty-dependant arrays. You can do it in the player dbr and their skill trees, but only with skills that you don't actively train, because those always start at 0.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Lavaendarjosh, as Vio said sadly the old forum was suddenly yanked out from under us with no prior warning so there was no chance to salvage much of the info.  The site had been having problems on and off for about a year before including an extended outage of some weeks for which the owners apologised and said it wouldn't happen again - yet they still just dropped the site like a hot brick.  That's why some of us came together and started this new site.

It breaks my heart to think of all the info that was lost and it was so unnecessary because there were people interested in buying the site/database, but the owner just didn't seem to care - yet is still spending several thousand dollars a year to retain the domain name. 

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Lavendarjosh

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I dearly remember the old forum, I've never been a member but I've been lurking around a lot. I may be new to modding, but I've been playing TQ pretty much since release.
And although it's not quite as active, it's nice to see that the community is still there and just as helpful as ever.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal