Author Topic: Doppelganger Hero Monster Mimer's maze  (Read 13103 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Doppelganger Hero Monster Mimer's maze
« on: 05 July 2018, 12:10:36 »
Did something happen to the doppelganger hero monster in mimer's maze? i did many runs and it very rarely spawned.. i managed to make it spawn about 9x in God knows how many runs and only once did it drop one of my items: athena's battle greaves which i don't need.. i was trying to duplicate archmage's clasp.. the rest of times it dropped nothing but gold.. wtf i don't remember it being this way

even exit to desktop did not help

and no i don't do tqvault duplicate.. items are supposed to be farmed.. even if it's just a duplicate

at this rate it's better to farm 3 act 2 telkines or 3 alastor

bah if i can't get another archmages clasp, I'll just think of another gear setup
« Last Edit: 05 July 2018, 13:26:05 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
Re: Doppelganger Hero Monster Mimer's maze
« Reply #1 on: 05 July 2018, 13:18:19 »
It has only 4% chance to drop in a group of Phantasms
As for the chance for it to drop your item, I got no idea. But chances should be abysmal.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 05 July 2018, 13:32:19 »
wow 4% that's terribly low.. but it spawned 3x in different places in 1 run.. but many times it didn't spawn.. those 3 doppelgangers in 1 run i got nothing but gold..

iirc i once got 2 items from 1 doppelganger but that was long time ago in earlier versions i think even before 1.54
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Laionidas

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 05 July 2018, 14:31:33 »
As I suggested before: wouldn't it work facing the Doppelganger using an over-levelled character, equiped with only the item you want a duplicate off?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 05 July 2018, 17:36:13 »
As I suggested before: wouldn't it work facing the Doppelganger using an over-levelled character, equiped with only the item you want a duplicate off?

Maybe it would be more efficient, but you still have to be lucky enough to make the item drop.

Also, I hope for you the item you wish to duplicate is a weapon. If you want to duplicate a piece of armor, you would have to fight him with your fists or take the risk to duplicate your weapon instead.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 05 July 2018, 18:03:32 »
Laionidas, i don't think the level matters because your doppelganger will also get overlevelled.. also, it will depend on your character, the skills you have, and the item you're trying to duplicate.. because if you equip only 1 item you're armor, resists, and damage will be very low.. try not dying to regular mobs first with only 1 item.. if you only unequip your items after the doppelganger has spawned, it will be fully equipped with your gear.. then depending on your skills, you can die from 1or 2 shots of lightning bolt with very low resists.. if you're using a weapon, and somehow managed to make it spawn with only the weapon, and both of you have no skills, then it will be kill or be killed.. if dying is ok for you then maybe it's ok

with those results on my runs though, i might not ever do doppelganger runs again.. not worth the time
« Last Edit: 05 July 2018, 18:12:22 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Laionidas

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 05 July 2018, 23:48:07 »
By overlevelled I was thinking more of farming him in Epic, when your character has allready moved on to Legendary. He probably won't be as overlevelled as you are, but still come with a fair enough chance to drop duplicated Legendary items.

Regarding the equiping: what if you enter the Maze nekkid, run like a maniac, and only equip your gear after he has spawned? You'll be fully geared right, while he is only equiped with what you were carrying nekkid. That should even work for duplicating armor, not just weapons.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 06 July 2018, 00:02:16 »
If your goal is to duplicate mere legendaries, you have more chances to make standard boss runs.

If, however, you want to duplicate a MI with divine affixes or a unique with a godly dvergan upgrade, then and only then it is worth to do Doppel runs.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline tholuneve

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 06 July 2018, 04:23:15 »
Due to the vague description in changelogs and multiple (failed) attempts to fix this bug, I don't really know whether this is a mechanism that devs allow us to exploit or a bug devs can't fix.
As far as I know you can do the same thing with the new artifact: Dvalin Simulacrum. Save you the time and effort to find and fight that rare hero.
And...if what I read about it was true, it's not random. Instead, you can let it drop your gear(s) almost every time. The method is simple: use the same method for the "essense glitch". (Honestly I don't know how you call this bug, it's the one that allow you to have infinite essenses by defeating boss only once.)
I just tested that in weekend, it's not working. I guess this has been fixed in recent patch.
« Last Edit: 09 July 2018, 03:35:49 by tholuneve »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 07 July 2018, 05:59:47 »
tried again just in case i was just unlucky

in about 30 runs, it spawned 3x.. all those times it did not drop any items, just gold.. lolz waste of time

it's ok though i came up with a new gear setup.. it's for my assassin (str + dex) lolz marbod's mask.. i gave the archmage's to my caster thunderer because it's more fun to play
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Vio

• aka Violos
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 08 July 2018, 19:55:16 »
Doppelgangers spawn less frequently on lower difficulties, so that may be one reason.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: 08 July 2018, 20:23:48 »
i did all those runs on legendary.. but i can put up with 3 spawns in 30 runs as long as it drops my items every time it spawns.. but as it is since 1.57, I've managed to make it spawn 12x in about a hundred runs and 11 out of 12 it only dropped gold

i don't know if it's the new update.. i don't really farm doppelganger.. the last time I've farmed it was before 1.54 i think and i only made about 5 runs that time.. heh i don't really farm i just felt like getting another archmages clasp
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #12 on: 17 December 2018, 09:37:42 »
There is an much easier way to duplicate iems that your heros wearing without cheating or tools..
Just using Dvalinn's Simulacrum Artifact.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Laionidas

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: 17 December 2018, 10:45:07 »
There is an much easier way to duplicate iems that your heros wearing without cheating or tools..

Hmmm,.. but can you actually get items off of him (the Sumulacrum's Doppelganger), isn't he actually consider a non-interactable pet?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #14 on: 17 December 2018, 10:56:01 »

Hmmm,.. but can you actually get items off of him (the Sumulacrum's Doppelganger), isn't he actually consider a non-interactable pet?
Yes.
But i don't know this some kind of bug game or not.
When you equipped Dvalinn's Simulacrum and run to kill any mobs to summon your Hero clone to help you fight enemies; afther that clone disappear, open the portal and teleport to the town, then return via portal to the last place, run around where those clone " down ", you have % to get 1 or more than 1( usually more than 1) items that your hero wearing on the ground.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal