Author Topic: Pantheon Mod - Development  (Read 268982 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Deities Mod - Development Thread
« Reply #240 on: 06 June 2018, 20:38:40 »
Ok, I must admit I got stuck with the masteries (again). And I think the reason are the drafts. So to get "unstuck", I'll forget the uber balancing for a while and go back to the source - vanilla skills. I'll use them as base and replace them with the new skills that are ready. I'll also reduce the current count of skills back to vanilla.
This means for example the spartoi tree will be removed and the base skill + included modifiers will be put back in the place of old Ancestral horn. I dont give up of my oiginal idea (24 skills, 4 skills on row, 200 points total), but I'll get there 1 step at a time, after all skill trees are done in the more simple way.
Today I started to rebuild the mod almost from scratch. Caravan mod and other non related things are removed, so I can work only the masteries. All deities recods are renamed and moved in a parallel record folder, only the root control files that link to them are left in the old records. This will make the mastery mod very easy to merge later with the caravan mod and the expanded world mod. This is all for ulility puposes, but I wish I knew it before - it would have made my life alot easier.
« Last Edit: 06 June 2018, 20:42:19 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #241 on: 07 June 2018, 04:18:28 »
Just got an idea about the pets. You remember how the Shadowstalker pet gained skills in Underlord? I might do this for all pets. I think it's more balanced than when the pet gain skills from the base skill. You want your pet to gain new skills? Then you have to up its modifier. This way all pets will take only 2 skills from the tree - one for the summon skill and one for the modifier with all its specials. The only disadvantage is the skills wont display in the pet UI.
Another vaiation of this idea is the pet gains skills from the BASE skill, but doesnt gain any stats or health. This way the skills will show in the ui. If you up only the base skill, your pet learns many skills but remains a glass cannon. So you up the modifier to get it tougher.
So before i start makin it, I can use an oppinion. Which variant do you prefer? Or if you prefer the standard way, let me know.
« Last Edit: 07 June 2018, 04:26:15 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #242 on: 09 June 2018, 20:31:53 »
All vanilla skills are relinked to the separate records. Everything is more clean and easy to find. Yesterday i started importing the mod skills and reworking them on the go. Old Sown Warriors (Spartoi) are now Tier 6 timed summons like normal ancestral horn. Finally they are spawed by projectiles (dragon teeth) as they are supposed to be:

« Last Edit: 03 November 2018, 18:01:24 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline CrocMagnum

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #243 on: 11 June 2018, 12:05:05 »
Hi! nargil66! I wish I’ve seen your posts earlier.

Indeed when dedicated modders don’t get any feedback it’s feels very cold. Even more so when a forum has reached a volume of members that allows this kind of positive feedback. Quite frankly I don’t understand the apathy.

On a different matter I wanted to tell you:

- did I read Hirelings in the master thread? Holy **** your mod is becoming outrageaously tantalizing. I see these Mercenaries will be optional which is a good thing,

- Deities is including so many new features and quirks that I humbly think adding a PDF Manual could be useful. This is just a suggestion, I don’t intentionally want to add a further burden to your task,

- about your question concerning Pet Skills, is your purpose to unclog (to limit) the number of Pet Icons in the Skill Trees to make more room for other Skills? If yes then I think it’s a good idea. Now if "the skills wont display in the pet UI" like you said maybe you’ll need to document it somwhere like in…a manual,  ^^

Anyways keep on holding the helm firmy, Captain! I sincerely wish your boat will reach safe harbour some day. :)  Your mod already feels like a wonderful cookie. *munch munch*

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Typhon

• Xul
  • TQ Titans
  • Sometimes you just gotta march on Mount Olympus.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -6
« Reply #244 on: 11 June 2018, 15:32:23 »
I've been watching the progress of the mod and have been enjoying all the additions here but haven't suggested much due to not wanting to bring up bad suggestions :/ I like the Underlord idea though.
Your inventory is full *Plays intense game of tetris*
Spoiler for Hiden:

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #245 on: 11 June 2018, 16:32:48 »
i kept following the mod.

you know , see the development about the mod gives wayy more hype to playing it !

keept it going :D

Another vaiation of this idea is the pet gains skills from the BASE skill, but doesnt gain any stats or health. This way the skills will show in the ui. If you up only the base skill, your pet learns many skills but remains a glass cannon. So you up the modifier to get it tougher.
So before i start makin it, I can use an oppinion. Which variant do you prefer? Or if you prefer the standard way, let me know.

i like this one, as we improve on mastery bar the pets gain few bonus as well
« Last Edit: 11 June 2018, 16:50:46 by sauruz »
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
« Reply #246 on: 11 June 2018, 17:11:00 »
I understand your frustration of not getting any feedback. I personally fear to not be useful or to be negatively received.

I hope you will be doing more updates of that sort. Either way, I wish you the best for your mod.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #247 on: 11 June 2018, 17:39:06 »
Well, I kinda overreacted the other day. But as Croc said:

Indeed when dedicated modders don’t get any feedback it’s feels very cold. Even more so when a forum has reached a volume of members that allows this kind of positive feedback. Quite frankly I don’t understand the apathy.

Yes, it does feel cold. I don't get payed money for this, but every bit of feedback is like a reward. And not only the positive. Any. I'm already hooked into modding and I won't stop either way, but sharing it with others is what makes it worth.
Anyway, forget what I said. I'll have to post progress, or I'll probably explode, haha. I know it's going slow and people lose interest. But what can I do?
Thanks to everyone who commented here. I can't promise it will be done quick, what I can promise is I won't give up. 

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #248 on: 12 June 2018, 11:50:21 »
The simplified Ares mastery is imported to the new database. Burn damage is removed, some of the skills are tweaked, others (like dragon) are not included. There are changed icons, replaced with Grim Dawn ones. Preview:

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Formerly 'Nefer' of the tq.net forums.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #249 on: 12 June 2018, 14:25:37 »

Sweet! looking nice and polished there Nargil.  Probs need some more skill points though  ;) ;D
~  Anything new for TQ? Experience what Unearthed Studios NZ has been up to with the release of Eternal Embers! - Website: https://www.unearthedstudiosnz.com/ ~

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #250 on: 12 June 2018, 15:54:48 »
...Probs need some more skill points though

There will be more skills ;). But this time I'll do it smarter. I'll add them when all the masteries are finished in the basic way. Trying to draft all at once got me burned for months.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #251 on: 12 June 2018, 18:46:17 »
Brainstorming some skill ideas about Apollo and Artemis:

Spoiler for Hiden:
--- APOLLO ---

SUN SKILLS

Blazing Halo (Toggled Aura, Self Only) - Reworked Ring of Flame, does burn dmg and fire retaliation. Will try to make it increase light radius.
X Active Energy Cost per Second
Increases Radius on Lvl
X Burn Dmg per Second
X Fire Retaliation

Sun Scorch (Blazing Halo Modifier) - Like Soften Metal, but more defensive.
X Active Energy Cost per Second
% Reduced Offensive Ability for 3 Seconds
X Reduced Physical Damage for 3 Seconds
+% Fire Retaliation

Cleansing Light (Active Debuff) - Similar to Spell Breaker, but does no damage and blinds like Flash Powder.
X Energy Cost
X Meter Radius
Dispel
% Chance to Fumble Attacks for 3-6 Seconds
% Chance to Impair Aim for 3-6 Seconds

Holy Burn (Cleansing Light modifier) - Mana burn + real burn.
X Burn Damage over 3 Seconds
% Energy Drain (% of Energy Drained Cause Damage)
+50% Damage to Demons

HEALING SKILLS

Some info on healers of Apollo/Asclepius in Ancient Greece: Iatromantis is a Greek word whose literal meaning is most simply rendered "physician-seer," or "medicine-man". The iatromantis, a form of Greek shaman, is related to other semimythical figures such as Abaris, Aristeas, Epimenides, and Hermotimus. In the classical period, Aeschylus uses the word to refer to Apollo and to Asclepius, Apollo's son. A main ecstatic, meditative practice of these healer-prophets was incubation (enkoimesis). More than just a medical technique, incubation allowed a human being to experience a fourth state of consciousness different from sleeping, dreaming, or ordinary waking.

Trance of Convalescense (Exclusive Skill, Toggled Aura) - Now gives insane health regen but no energy regen and absorbs only illness related damage.
1 Active Energy Cost per Second
12 Meter Radius
% Damage Absorbtion
Protects Against:
Vitality
Bleeding
Poison
+X Health Regeneration per Second (Much more than vanilla)
+% Health Regeneration

Rod of Asclepius (Buff Pet, uses Rebirth Fountain mesh with deleted texture, only left the staff) - This is Apollo's healing skill. No more cheap spammable heals like Regrowth, sorry. It is more like a portable Regeneration Shrine.
X Energy Cost
1 Summon Limit
Rod of Asclepius Attributes:
(whatever they are)
Rod of Asclepius Abilities:
Blessing of Asclepius
12 Meter Radius
X Seconds Duration
X Health Restored
+X Health Regeneration per Second
+% Health Regeneration
+% Health

ARCHERY SKILLS

Celestial Arrow (Passive Attack on Hit) - A Volley-like skill that works with Bow, Staff or Thrown weapons and does AoE damage. Luckily, the default weapon AoE uses the fire explosion effect, which looks exactly like a little sun :).
% Chance to be used
X Meter Explosion Radius
100% Weapon Damage converted to Elemental
X Burn Damage over 3 Seconds

TRANCES

Trance of Sanctity (Exclusive Skill, Toggled Aura) - A type of "holy aura", gives elemental absorbtion and damage to demons.
1 Active Energy Cost per Second
12 Meter Radius
% Damage Absorbtion
Protects Against:
Elemental
+% Damage to Demons
-% Damage from Demons

Trance of Divination (Exclusive Skill, Toggled Aura) - Allows the party to predict enemy moves.
12 Meter Radius
X Energy per Second
+% Energy Regeneration
+X Offensive Ability
+X Defensive Ability
+% Chance to Dodge
+% Chance to Avoid
+% Sleep Resistance

--- ARTEMIS ---

Hawk Eye / Aspect of the Hawk - ranged
Penetrating Shot (passive chance to be used)- % Pierce Ratio
Set Trap - Set a symbol on the ground, enemies that step on it become Immobilized. Or - throw an invisible monster which cast it as an aura
Barbed Arrows (passive) - Your arrows apply Bleed and Slower Movement over 3 s
Swift Bow (Chance to Activate on attack) - x seconds duration, +% attack speed

Evade - % to Dodge
Living of the Land - +% Health Regeneration
Decoy - Throw a decoy to distract enemies
Leatherworking -
Beast Training - summon up to 2 wolves
Concealment -

Pathfinding (Party Aura) - +% Movement Speed, +% Slow Resistance
Alertness - +% to Avoid Projectiles, +%

Quick Draw (passive, bow, thrown) - +% Attack speed

Triple Shot (active, bow, thrown) - fires 3 arrows at once, initially lower piercing damage, but effectiveness increases with level.

Multi Shot (Triple shot Modifier) - Increases the number of arrows up to 7, chance to pass through

Ambush (active, bow, spear, thrown) - a sudden and deadly attack, which will send most enemies into their grave.
« Last Edit: 12 June 2018, 18:50:34 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #252 on: 12 June 2018, 19:39:05 »
Now those are figures I like.  Mastery and all skills maxed and still 221,811 unused skill points left to play with.  ;D

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #253 on: 13 June 2018, 08:07:29 »
While importing Artemis i noticed this weird thing - the spirit wolves cast shadows  :o What kind of spirits they are, lol. Fixed now :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #254 on: 13 June 2018, 08:20:44 »
Shadow wolves of course.  ;D

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal