Author Topic: Returning to TQ (+Ragnarok)  (Read 96021 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
Re: Returning to TQ (+Ragnarok)
« Reply #90 on: 23 April 2018, 15:15:11 »
Ice shards caster druid is gear dependant. It needs lots of mana cost reduction while also needing high cast speed, -recharge and int/elemental damage together with all the defense stats. Perhaps you can get by in normal with golden fleece in chest and low ice shards levels, but don't go deep into this until you can assemble something like 70% reduced mana cost from gear on the go. At which point together with briar ward 32% reduction spells cost no mana.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #91 on: 23 April 2018, 15:40:12 »
Soooo......bad idea then.
I mean, videos like that one just posted.....yeah, all mastery combos are amazing, it just needs you to be really good at building characters.
I don't really know why some people find it surprising when one of their builds is really amazing.

It's all down to the player and their knowledge of the game.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #92 on: 23 April 2018, 19:23:22 »
mammoth.. I've played lots of self-found ice shard builds pre-AE.. granted it's pre-AE but you need those same things you mentioned.. i just drank lots of mana pots.. are you sure you've played it even once? I've played it self-found ice shard prophet, self-found ice shard elementalist.. I've played it paladin but can't remember if that one was self-found

edit: I've even tried it accomplished hero character with nothing but store bought yellow items.. and yep it's still good.. i just drank lots of mana pots.. I've also talked to several players on reddit saying they're playing self-found ice shard.. all of them saying they're having no problems.. those ones playing AE.. ice shard has always been known to be very good in normal and weak in legendary.. it's always been the flaw of ice shard but if you know what you're doing, you can still make it viable in legendary.. Deepblue probably don't know what he's doing but that's where i come to help.. when it comes to casters, modesty aside, i consider myself a pretty good player  :) .. but Deepblue of course you can just go the pet way it's always up to you.. in fact it's beneficial to me because it's not my specialty so i don't have to think and butt in
« Last Edit: 23 April 2018, 19:55:45 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: 23 April 2018, 19:53:19 »
Ok got a third wolf after finding the 2nd mastery stone ever in the game at the beginning of Act II due to bad rng, first one I found was all the way back in Helos not far from the village.
Then I lost the wolf due to very powerful hero monsters, not 5 minutes after getting it.

Didn't even get the achievement for having 3 wolves and a nymph.

Wasn't all bad though, Rhakotis shopkeeper had a spiritcaller's amulet of servitude (elemental damage + health and armour bonus to pets)
Also managed to find a beastcaller staff too. So a full set now and starting to move onto spiritcaller.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: 23 April 2018, 20:33:57 »
My only current character in legendary TQAER is ice shards druid and drinking potions is not what I consider good or convenient even if they are dirt cheap. 70% mana cost reduction isn't difficult by the way when you do have a few items to put on. Golden fleece + spellbound necklace is already 50%, add two rings with 10% each like Persephone's and Horus and voila, mana and mana regen are not needed.

Even if you take away mana cost reduction, consider what else you need to make it work, its full list of stats like I wrote here above, while a summoner only needs some yellow jewellery to get to excellent performance.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: 23 April 2018, 21:31:12 »
i always find it confusing when people say you can't play casters because they are gear dependent.. it's like when you are playing casters it's impossible for you to find any items whether by loot or by merchants.. when i play i make sure my casters are wearing something :)

edit: if it's a naked character, I'd still rather play casters.. imagine a conqueror with no items.. that would be hell :)
« Last Edit: 23 April 2018, 21:49:04 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: 24 April 2018, 00:34:31 »
this is what i meant by the way

unedited, uncut, nothing but store bought shitty items and mana pots
i even have 40 unspent attribute points
notice that i maxed nature even though i only spent a single skill point.. that is to get those free attribute points.. it's even better if you don't play it accomplished hero because you'll have much better items.. epic and legendary, time to invest in nature skills.. plague, pets, HoO and briar ward.. but yeah play how you want to play.. if you want wolves from the start, that's up to you.. if they can take down Typhon and Hades why not? me i can't say because i don't play pets only chars
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: 24 April 2018, 14:03:02 »
Yay, awesome! Now make the starter do the same and not die halfway to a spider in the cave of whispers or something. I also don't play summoners except in TQ, nature pets at least look good, its not some ugly zombies you know. What is the problem with wolves though?

80% vitality resistance. Sorry, I don't have another video with trash gear or something like that, it was done once and now she's in epic. If we were talking about how to defeat Hades without breaking a sweat its just that, vitality resistance. I'm sure botebote can do it with 0% and I can, but thats not the point.

Typhon killed more wolves, at low health he casts nothing but meteors, so its just meteors, meteors, meteors every 5 sec. Wolves die. But we have more wolves than he has meteors

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: 24 April 2018, 14:21:53 »
the cave of whispers? lolz i thought you were gonna say Hades because of course Hades would be difficult with those shitty items.. not even a demons blood.. let's just stop this now.. i don't want to help Deepblue anyway i imagine it will just go like:

Deepblue: I'm very weak i can't do it I'm just no good
me: where did you put your skills? attributes?
Deepblue: i can't show that because I'm very weak i don't know what to do maybe I'll just start a new char

:))

edit: the giant spider i admit i had problems with it when i was still fairly new to the game.. that was years ago in TQIT.. but when i got more experienced in the game, it has never been a problem on any of my characters self-found or not.. Barmanu has always been more difficult, or Hades, Typhon, Dactyl, demon bull (legendary version).. the giant spider it has never ranked in my most difficult to beat bosses
« Last Edit: 24 April 2018, 16:11:49 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: 24 April 2018, 19:03:20 »
Great, didn't take long to become a complete joke.
Forget it then, I'm hopeless....Who the hell finds normal even slightly difficult.....

It's true, I'm the kind of cancer many gamers talk about when it comes to ruining gaming.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: 24 April 2018, 20:06:06 »
Great, didn't take long to become a complete joke.
Forget it then, I'm hopeless....Who the hell finds normal even slightly difficult.....

It's true, I'm the kind of cancer many gamers talk about when it comes to ruining gaming.
Sorry, messages like this just make me think you didn't come here to get help but for something else. I won't be trying anymore until I see your stats together with description of a situation that causes problems.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: 24 April 2018, 21:42:07 »
and my mere existence and lack of any kind of skill in anything is still enough to throw me out of communities.
A week seems to be a new record.

Don't even have to do anything.....

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #102 on: 24 April 2018, 21:53:30 »
Nobody's throwing you out (unless you break the rules).  Just play the game, enjoy learning about it, read a few guides.  Basically have fun, that's what the game and the forum is all about.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: 24 April 2018, 22:04:00 »
Just kinda feels like I'm already getting on everyone's nerves.
I'll leave if so...

I don't want to, but I'm pretty used to doing this with every gaming community I join and quickly annoy without really doing anything. I tend to have that affect on people.
« Last Edit: 24 April 2018, 22:06:19 by Deepblue »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: 24 April 2018, 23:09:41 »
hey Deepblue sorry if i was rude.. it's just it's difficult for us to give any help if you don't provide us the necessary info about your characters.. a pic? titancalc link?  stat distribution? difficult to beat bosses? this is the 104th comment on your thread and you still haven't provided us with any

and again.. please.. be a little more lively
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal