Author Topic: Returning to TQ (+Ragnarok)  (Read 96106 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
Re: Returning to TQ (+Ragnarok)
« Reply #75 on: 22 April 2018, 21:14:53 »
So far so good, Bosses aren't too hard but I do have to use potions sometimes when I get hit and try and lead the boss in circles.
Have had one or both wolves die sometimes because they'd go after a certain target in a large group and targetting them and making them return to me would only work for a second before they turn around and go back to fighting.

Wolves are level 8 now so I'll start focus on getting Squall.

Edit: More wolf deaths because they keep aggroing everything.
Still......I did find out that hitting a bleeding target with vitality damage does a lot more damage than on a non bleeding target.
« Last Edit: 22 April 2018, 22:05:09 by Deepblue »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #76 on: 23 April 2018, 07:20:37 »
Max wolves and look for those + items I mentioned.  And better the wolves die than you do.  ;)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Laionidas

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: 23 April 2018, 10:42:15 »
Also, pets are supposed to die in Normal. You'll see a significant boost to pet life expectancy in Epic.

Even maxed, my wolves were dying left and right in Act IV Normal. In Act I Epic, I can just summon them once though, and they'll live and steamroll through an entire session.

This is what I'm currently working towards. It's my favourite character.

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: 23 April 2018, 11:04:27 »
They should do pretty well up until Act 4 Normal.  The IT expansion boosted difficulty all round and they do tend to go down quickly in that Act.  Can't say how well they perform in Act 5 since I haven't run a petmancer through there yet. 

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #79 on: 23 April 2018, 11:25:38 »
Act V is easy on pets until Muspelheim aoe damage. I've spotted t3 pet jewellery in normal Corinth shop by the way. So its not all grim for you in normal, you just need to get to act 5 to upgrade. Next tier t4 pet items are still around act III epic though.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Laionidas

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: 23 April 2018, 11:32:16 »
They should do pretty well up until Act 4 Normal.  The IT expansion boosted difficulty all round and they do tend to go down quickly in that Act.  Can't say how well they perform in Act 5 since I haven't run a petmancer through there yet.

Before Act IV Normal, they don't really die, but they're not really contributing anything either. Most characters at that level will struggle to have enough points invested in pets and their synergies for them to be effective.That combined with the fact that they tend to die by  Act IV Normal (by which time they could be effective skillpoint wise), makes that pets are still pretty much useless in Normal in my opinion.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: 23 April 2018, 12:24:39 »
Max wolves and look for those + items I mentioned.  And better the wolves die than you do.  ;)

Trying to max wolves but I still need to add points to mastery so I can have enough energy, intel, dex, etc.
I did manage to buy three jewellry pieces with summon bonuses though, all three in phys damage.
Also plague isn't really all that useful with just a single point as well as one point in the 1st upgrade.
Also need to get squall and it's upgrade.

So far the only blue I've found is the necromancer staff which could be useful if I hit targets after the wolves inflict bleeding on them.

Right now regular enemies are easy, I don't even have to lift a finger except if their health goes down a bit too much.
Bosses are kinda easy if I kite them in circles.
« Last Edit: 23 April 2018, 12:26:23 by Deepblue »

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: 23 April 2018, 12:33:01 »
Should have maxed wolves straightaway.  It can be done by L7.  Then they shred things while you do the other stuff.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: 23 April 2018, 12:47:47 »
Sounds like I already messed up the build......
Nice....

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #84 on: 23 April 2018, 12:49:26 »
I didn't max them until late act II... Was too busy with stats for item requirements and all

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: 23 April 2018, 12:51:34 »
Yeah that's what I was trying to do with points in the masteries because I'm already getting to the point where I don't have enough dex for stuff when normally I'd be just fine for all gear as I find them.

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: 23 April 2018, 13:00:44 »
Build's not necessarily messed up, it just means you're going to have to be more active fighting/spellcasting.

You might want to have a read of Tyr's Wanderer's Guide to Nature.  Written for the IT version of the game he has updated it to cover AE as well.

https://www.kirmiziperfect.com/titan-quest-wanderer-nature-mastery-guide-by-tyr/]

It should give you some ideas on how to proceed, what items to look for, how to spread your attribute points around, etc.
« Last Edit: 23 April 2018, 13:06:20 by MedeaFleecestealer »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: 23 April 2018, 13:32:58 »
Yeah that's what I'm looking at. Good for knowing how many points to put in each skill (and it's always single point or max out)
It's why I knew to use the phys. damage pet bonuses and not vitality or elemental.

......Huh, actually for Druid it's saying use elemental damage for pet gear..
I'm guessing to increase the storm nimbus damage

I managed to max wolves by removing the single points in heart of frost, the 1st upgrade for plague and survival instinct, and I was close to levelling up during this time so I dumped those points in the wolves too.
« Last Edit: 23 April 2018, 13:49:12 by Deepblue »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #88 on: 23 April 2018, 14:09:01 »
so you're playing a druid i see.. an int build focusing on pets? if you don't mind drinking mana pots, storm has one of the best early game skills that can tear down enemies much quicker than the wolves can.. it's good against everything except the water/cold elementals in act 5 but by then you should have a few points on lightning bolt already which is actually their weakness.. as you advance difficulties, it will wane a bit but that's where nature comes in.. endgame looks like this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/TitanQuestAE/comments/7waf8u/defeating_legendary_hades_x5_with_druid/

the idea is briar ward gives you protection and energy regen.. then for damage, double resist reduction.. it's actually not that hard to build because ice shard is just very good early game you could do a lot of farming with it.. well it's up to you.. just good luck
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: 23 April 2018, 14:31:36 »
Sometimes I hear mentions of Ice shards being good but then I also see builds that don't use it, so I have no idea about it.

So what is the best early game skills from storm that you mentioned at the start of your post? You didn't actually say.
Or were you referring to Ice shards?

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal