Author Topic: Throwing weapons for Rune and Warfare  (Read 16281 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline legowarrior

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Throwing weapons for Rune and Warfare
« on: 27 February 2018, 15:27:23 »
So, throwing weapons are really cool, and I feel like the 2 masteries that benefit the most are Rogue and Hunting, but the one thing neither gets is two weapon fighting.  For a ranged build though, I don't feel like Rune or Warfare add as much as I would like.  The two weapon fighting for warfare focuses mostly on melee and most of the Rune abilities focus more on intelligence, so if you aren't going intelligence, you aren't making the best of the abilities.

What are other skills in either Rune  or Warfare mastery are helpful to ranged combat? 

Not Yet Rated!

Offline CrocMagnum

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Throwing weapons for Rune and Warfare
« Reply #1 on: 27 February 2018, 16:30:44 »
The problem with Warfare and Rune is that some of their Skills seem to overlap each other, especially:

Onslaught Tree >< Rune Weapon Tree

Dual Wield >< Reckless Offense

So if you noticed players seem to stay away from this combination. Most people tend to play with Earth or Storm: First  to benefit from the Elemental Damage, secondly to have a real Spell to cast on Monsters (Rune doesn't offer a real Spell)

About playing a Berserker Ranged, well you’ve said it yourself, I hard to see how Warfare could help in the matter, maybe except for:

- War Horn > Doom Horn: the range of the debuff is really wide when you max the base Skill,

- Battle Standard > Triumph:  for the +Skills obviously , the Reduction in Energy Cost, and the Debuff (thanks to  the synergy). The area of effect of Battle Standard is even wider(12 meters).

Still! Warfare contribution for a Ranged Build seems pretty minimal to me. This is not to say Warfare and Rune don't go well together! I feel it's quite the opposite, I've got the hunch playing a Melee Leroy Jenkins as a Berserker is a pure blast. ;D It's just that I'm not playing a Berserker right now, and people in this Community have not reported a good Berserker build yet.

« Last Edit: 27 February 2018, 16:43:29 by CrocMagnum »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline legowarrior

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 27 February 2018, 17:02:24 »
I am sorry for the confusion.  I did not mean to imply that Rune and Warfare should be used together. It's what either them provides to masteries that do give benefits to thrown weapons, that is how either of them benefits the hunting or Rogue mastery, when it comes to using thrown weapons, which give the most benefits to a throwing weapons build.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline CrocMagnum

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 27 February 2018, 17:45:14 »
Sorry for being clueless about your post legowarrior. ^-^

Also silly me I forgot that  Runemasters have Seal of Fate > Aftershock which is a full-fledged Spell!

I just think the area of effect of Seal of Fate (4 meters) should increase with level, as Squall does, to make it more practical.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Typhon

• Xul
  • TQ Titans
  • Sometimes you just gotta march on Mount Olympus.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -6
« Reply #4 on: 27 February 2018, 22:50:40 »
Also, as far as I can tell, dual wielding's synergies don't work with throwing weapons. Does anyone know that for sure?
Your inventory is full *Plays intense game of tetris*
Spoiler for Hiden:

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 27 February 2018, 22:56:39 »
yes me :) .. also i've made an interesting discovery.. if you equip dual throwing, there is a chance you attack with 2 weapons if you attack with lethal strike

see my rogue guide
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline tholuneve

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 28 February 2018, 02:58:23 »
Dual Wield does work with throwing weapon. It grants you a chance to attack with both hands (actually attack twice, one for each hand). However other dw passives like Crushing Blow does not work with throwing weapon.
And it does not overlap Reckless Offense. For throwing weapons, Reckless Offense grants you a chance to attack three times (left-right-left) instead of two. So it's pretty easy to observe whether the two skills overlap with each other or not.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline tholuneve

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 28 February 2018, 03:03:40 »
The two weapon fighting for warfare focuses mostly on melee and most of the Rune abilities focus more on intelligence, so if you aren't going intelligence, you aren't making the best of the abilities.

Which is why you can go int-based melee for Berserker.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline CrocMagnum

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 28 February 2018, 14:41:12 »
Dual Wield does work with throwing weapon. It grants you a chance to attack with both hands (actually attack twice, one for each hand). However other dw passives like Crushing Blow does not work with throwing weapon.
And it does not overlap Reckless Offense. For throwing weapons, Reckless Offense grants you a chance to attack three times (left-right-left) instead of two. So it's pretty easy to observe whether the two skills overlap with each other or not.

To my defense I said about Warfare and Rune: "some of their Skills seem to overlap each other...players seem to stay away from this combination"

Also Crushing Blow is not a Dual Wield passive. :P

Anyhow maybe putting Skill Points into both "Dual Wield" and "Reckless Offense" could be beneficial to a Berserker? I don't know (yet).

yes me :)...

You Wonderful You! :P (Youtube)

Also congrats on your Rogue Guide, it's totally worth it. \o/

Not Yet Rated!

Offline legowarrior

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 28 February 2018, 16:09:19 »
It seems that when you are going with a throwing weapon building, you basically select Warfare or Rune if you want to throw two weapons, but otherwise you focus on either Hunting or Rogue.
The combination of Hunting and Rogue is pretty cool, now that you can stack calculated strike on to your throwing weapon. 

Not Yet Rated!

Offline tholuneve

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 01 March 2018, 02:26:36 »

To my defense I said about Warfare and Rune: "some of their Skills seem to overlap each other...players seem to stay away from this combination"

Also Crushing Blow is not a Dual Wield passive. :P

Anyhow maybe putting Skill Points into both "Dual Wield" and "Reckless Offense" could be beneficial to a Berserker? I don't know (yet).

yes me :)...

You Wonderful You! :P (Youtube)

Also congrats on your Rogue Guide, it's totally worth it. \o/
Ops, that was my mistake. I meant Hew, Cross Cut and Tumult. They are dw passives and does not work with throw weapon.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal