Author Topic: The Chakram set  (Read 9977 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
The Chakram set
« on: 24 February 2018, 01:02:42 »
Hi,

The set is composed of 2 throwing weapons:

https://www.tq-db.net/equipment/chakram-of-the-sun
https://www.tq-db.net/equipment/chakram-of-the-moon

Curiously , these chakrams are not referred in TQDB as parts of a set. The 2 weapons, individually, have already nice stats, and ingame the bonus set is a huge +40% Total damage.
One is designated towards earth , the other towards dream with +2 skills in each mastery. Indeed if you want to make the best of the set as an evoker (earth+dream), you can't equip the 2 weapons...

Therefore, either the set is badly designed (i don't want to believe it), either the designers are kidding with us  ::)

Since TQ-AE, there is much more items which give a granted skill, most of them i've seen are active skills (triggered on attack). So my question is: do you have ever seen an item that grants you a dual-wielding skill ? in that case the Chakram set could be fully used by an evoker.

If not, one mastery needs to be warfare or rune; what other mastery would you take for the best use of the set ?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Firebrand

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The Chakram set
« Reply #1 on: 25 February 2018, 00:14:26 »
You get the set bonus if you equip two of either Chakrams, not only if you equip one of each.

...At least that was the case when I last played. I've been busy, so I haven't played since the latest update; I guess that might've messed that up. But other than that possibility, yes, you can equip two Chakrams of the Sun with a Battlemage or a Stonespeaker, or two Chakrams of the Moon with a Harbinger or a Seidr Worker, and still get the bonus.

That said, while Chakram of the Moon gives +2 to dream, I think cold damage isn't really Dream's thing. It feels rather half-Storm and half-Dream to me, which makes me a little sad as Dream gets Blessing of the Moirae, so Storm is really left with nothing (though Mjölnir looks neat). Chakram of the Sun is pure awesome, though.

As far as I'm aware, this applies to other sets as well. You can equip two Hephaestus's Seals for Hephaestus's Might, or two Alkes for Gladiator's Creed (I haven't tried this one, personally, but I'd much sooner do than trying two Timaioses, and I believe it should work just like everything else).

Regarding your other question, Einherjar's Fate gives Reckless Offense (I think), but it's a sword, so no luck there.
« Last Edit: 25 February 2018, 00:18:51 by Firebrand »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Malgardian

• Spectre
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #2 on: 25 February 2018, 13:04:28 »
This set got created only recently which is why the tq-db doesn't have it yet.

Creator of the Patchfix for Fanpatch 1.17

~~ "Many Kings. Many Empires. Many Gods. Many Gods. All Gone. All Things Go." ~~
Going Postal - Terry Pratchett

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #3 on: 25 February 2018, 13:23:49 »
the last time i checked einherjar's fate, the granted skill reckless offense doesn't work.. you can't dual wield without warfare or rune even if you have it equipped.. can't remember if i tried it in v1.54

but check the "of the shades" set.. i only have shield of the shades.. the set involves a staff and a bow.. how the hell can you equip a shield, a staff, and a bow?
« Last Edit: 25 February 2018, 13:27:59 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #4 on: 25 February 2018, 18:38:49 »
But other than that possibility, yes, you can equip two Chakrams of the Sun with a Battlemage or a Stonespeaker, or two Chakrams of the Moon with a Harbinger or a Seidr Worker, and still get the bonus.
Have seen that before with the 2 rings Forcias and honoros: got 2 Forcias and still got the bonus set, but i've forgotten this possibilty for the chrakam set !

Great, a stonespeaker with 2 chakram of the sun should be really a shinning toon ;D

Regarding your other question, Einherjar's Fate gives Reckless Offense (I think), but it's a sword, so no luck there.
So, the designing of the set seems...weird

but check the "of the shades" set.. i only have shield of the shades.. the set involves a staff and a bow.. how the hell can you equip a shield, a staff, and a bow?
Maybe one can complete the set with 6 pieces instead of 7. Unless someone here has already completed the set, the bonus set is not indicated in TQDB. As Malgardian said, these sets have been introduced too recently.

Btw, I am really curious about the Shades set. The bow is impressive while the staff is not. A full set should open the way to a great bonecharmer, i hope.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Firebrand

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 25 February 2018, 19:40:52 »
Great, a stonespeaker with 2 chakram of the sun should be really a shinning toon ;D

Well, I happen to have a Stonespeaker with two Chakrams of the Sun... It's every bit as amazing as you'd expect, and more.

As for the Shade set, I've been pretty sure from the beginning it's some sort of bonus set that unlocks something or I don't really know. Generally I find the items underwhelming, but I can't help but notice that it has a strength requirement of 55, something all characters are going to meet (due to Lampido's Potion if nothing else). Also note that staff, bow and shield cover all types of weapon setups (except dual wielding), so I have a feeling that equipping five out of the seven and doing something with them should unlock something extra. Or maybe it was only intended? I don't know, but it's suspicious to me as a whole. (I'd also suspect Act IV, as the whole Shade theme is going on there, and equipping the armor makes you look similar to them, as far as I remember.)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline rathaya

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #6 on: 26 February 2018, 21:57:30 »

Well, I happen to have a Stonespeaker with two Chakrams of the Sun... It's every bit as amazing as you'd expect, and more.

I am trying to do the same :) When I had them drop I immediately wanted to do something with them.
But I have never done a character before without using a build from someone else (i still consider myself to be pretty new to the game). What did you do with Attributes? Dex/Str until the requirements for the Chakras are met and the rest into int?

EDIT: Nevermind, just found your topic about this in the Runes subforum :)
« Last Edit: 27 February 2018, 22:07:18 by rathaya »

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal