Author Topic: Disappointments About New Update (v 1.54)  (Read 15054 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Disappointments About New Update (v 1.54)
« on: 15 February 2018, 00:16:33 »
welp so i post here again (to the possible dismay of some people here :)  ) .. but I've always wanted a dedicated TQ forum and this is it.. and one of my earliest comments in this forum still holds true

"you have answered my question.. thank you.. i hope you pull more TQ gamers in this forum.. let me help by posting an unusual build and an unusual question and perhaps it can attract new and even experienced gamers.. that is my hope and i wish this forum the best"

now to my actual post:

for those who know me, i usually don't express disappointments to updates in this game.. this might be the first time I'm expressing disappointment in this game.. there is one major flaw with update version 1.54.. not a bug but a flaw

- Added a special ally.

yiva is very tough.. not a fast mob killer but very tough.. with minimal support, yiva could kill toxeus 1 on 1 even in legendary, the thorns is not enough to kill her as she is a runesmith (rune/defense).. and because she is a runesmith, the game becomes like a multiplayer with you finding a random buddy online but without the difficulty bump.. from my tests, squall and energy shield (from storm) is enough for her to kill toxeus.. HoO and regrowth is also enough.. granted, the game only becomes easier near end game after you beat loki.. but still, the joy of farming secret passage has greatly been diminished.. I've always found it fun trying to think of ways of how to beat toxeus.. from using %less damage from undead, to using monster lure from hunting, to not opening the gate and killing toxeus from outside.. gone are those days, the devs pretty much decided you just stay away and let yiva do the job

oh and that primrose passage, yiva can clear the whole map alone (one sidenote: you can't open orbs if yiva is still present.. after clearing the map, you have to disband her first before opening orbs).. what happened to you being the hero of this game? your character has been reduced to a mere spectator.. what happens if yiva dies? you just save and exit and talk to yiva in scandia again, no need to farm another loki's wand.. not getting yiva for the sole purpose of gimping my toon is against my philosophies for this game or any other games of this genre, which is exploiting every resources the game offers (without cheating) to further strengthen my toon.. again this only happens near end game.. but the joy of farming and the joy of finding ways to beat toxeus has greatly been diminished

i know many people will disagree with me.. many people want this game to be easier.. but people who are in my position i think will understand
« Last Edit: 15 February 2018, 00:23:44 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline tholuneve

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Disappointments About New Update (v 1.54)
« Reply #1 on: 15 February 2018, 05:09:27 »
Wow.
I haven't farmed Loki's wand yet so I never recruited Yiva. But according to your description, I guess I can save the time to do that. I agree with you that this game should not be made easier. A powerful ally who can kill everything for you (note that she was defeated by Loki and you saved her)...that's exactly not what I want from this game.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 15 February 2018, 08:05:49 »
yeah kill speed wise she's not that strong.. but she's tanky and gets your auras.. you can also control her as a pet.. good thing i retired my melee bonecharmer relying on permanent CotH and unearthly power spamming study prey.. yiva would've been a beast

it would've been ok for me if they made it like diablo 2 where every resurrect of ally costs a ton of gold

btw i saw this in the changelog

- Fixed a bug where conversion of physical to elemental damage went over 100%.

kudos you proved the devs wrong they had to correct it
« Last Edit: 15 February 2018, 12:04:09 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 15 February 2018, 23:05:04 »
Well reading your toughts and i agree, making a perma strong allie is making the game alot of easier, she could deal with last area solo before the final boss, killing the stuff kinda of fast.

The days of runing solo are kind over, now theres that option, its like having a boss with you, if she was more support/tanky is one thing, but that is complety different.
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #4 on: 16 February 2018, 07:53:14 »
Um, might pick her up if I'm playing a petmancer, but not sure otherwise.  :-\

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 16 February 2018, 08:48:56 »
she's more than a pet.. it's like what sauruz said, "having a boss with you".. but yeah get her if you want.. it's not like it ruins the game.. you only get her after you beat loki anyway.. and you can't carry her across difficulties

it's just that we felt a little bit of glory when we found ways of killing toxeus.. and then seeing yiva kill toxeus just like that takes away some of that feel good pride.. i imagine same thing for black elves.. we feel a little bit proud when we can clear mobs of black elves.. and then we see yiva can do the same no problem

edit: like for example, i was planning on uploading a video of how to kill toxeus with hunting.. but one could say "ah it's not needed anymore, I'll just send yiva"
« Last Edit: 16 February 2018, 09:24:33 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 16 February 2018, 09:17:47 »
Not disagreeing botebote77.  When I briefly tried D2 I didn't like that having a mercenary seemed to be needed to play the game and did my best to do without them.  If I want a group to play with I'd play something like Baldur's Gate.  But I don't like that sort of game play so don't play them.

I'm a long way of getting any of my toons to Legendary so she may get removed from the game before I ever reach her.  But to me part of the reason for playing is to test yourself against whatever the game throws at you be it as a melee, ranged or mage/petmancer toon.  Adding an invincible ally late game does take the shine off your personal achievement in building a toon good enough to take you through to the end of the game.  If you have her along you never know if your build is as good as you think it is.
« Last Edit: 16 February 2018, 12:02:57 by MedeaFleecestealer »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 16 February 2018, 09:22:42 »
But to me the part of the reason for playing is to test yourself against whatever the game throws at you be it as a melee, ranged or mage/petmancer toon.  Adding an invincible ally late game does take the shine off your personal achievement in building a toon good enough to take you through to the end of the game.  If you have her along you never know if your build is as good as you think it is.
spot on
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline CrocMagnum

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 16 February 2018, 14:27:17 »
welp so i post here again (to the possible dismay of some people here :)...

I'm glad to see you back. And come on, don't be so grumpy. :P

Not disagreeing botebote77.  When I briefly tried D2 I didn't like that having a mercenary seemed to be needed to play the game and did my best to do without them.  If I want a group to play with I'd play something like Baldur's Gate.  But I don't like that sort of game play so don't play them.

I'm a long way of getting any of my toons to Legendary so she may get removed from the game before I ever reach her.  But to me part of the reason for playing is to test yourself against whatever the game throws at you be it as a melee, ranged or mage/petmancer toon.  Adding an invincible ally late game does take the shine off your personal achievement in building a toon good enough to take you through to the end of the game.  If you have her along you never know if your build is as good as you think it is.

Aow! Hirelings in Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction were so much fun. Act Bosses would eat them alive though. :))

I always secretly dreamed of having Hirelings in Titan Quest. I welcome this recruit despite the limitations. And call it a hunch but I bet Yiva will be nerfed one of these days.

Finally I would love Hirelings in Titan Quest 2!
« Last Edit: 16 February 2018, 14:32:24 by CrocMagnum »

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 16 February 2018, 14:48:14 »
If we get a TQ2 and if mercenaries are required to play the game, I'm out. Won't be touching it with a barge pole.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 16 February 2018, 14:58:17 »
lolz

hirelings.. i remember soulvizier had mercenary contracts but they require artifact slot.. so it's ok for me because you sacrifice artifact for a hireling

diablo 2 hirelings were ok for me because repeated resurrect would eat all your gold.. if they made resurrect of yiva cost like 80M, it would be ok for me.. i remember buying veteran's chest armor of the mammoth (legendary version) before and iirc it was around that price.. so it's like buy that armor or get hireling? you choose

and speaking of hirelings, check my skinchanger petmaster.. I'll post something new
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: 17 February 2018, 05:03:25 »
it's not all bad.. getting yiva has its positives.. i had the pleasure of seeing her die against the demon bull in act 3 legendary :)

for those who don't know, the demon bull is weird.. it's weak in normal, so so in epic, and strong in legendary

so one good thing in getting yiva is getting her so you could see her die against a strong boss if you don't help her with auras or debuffs like study prey, squall, etc :)

edit: for the record, i have no intention of getting yiva again.. having yiva to farm for you is an embarrassment.. and for the devs to implement this "who's your daddy" cheat is an embarrassment to the game
« Last Edit: 20 February 2018, 08:16:45 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline gasconron

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: 22 March 2018, 08:42:45 »
This is a good find... Thanks @botebote77, now my freakin petmancers now finally have an answer to xMax Hardcore... This is amazing :D Imagine if you're able to equip Yiva with gear... hahaha. The world will end.
« Last Edit: 22 March 2018, 08:44:49 by gasconron »
xmax hardcore is the only way to play this game.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: 22 March 2018, 12:49:13 »
lolz do what you want.. that wouldn't be cheating.. but i doubt she could survive x10 black elves.. and I'm also sure she can't survive x3 surtr

watch my yiva video here maybe you'll get an idea

https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=213.msg3011#msg3011

and no you can't give her items
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline gasconron

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: 22 March 2018, 14:35:37 »
is she respawnable after she dies? or once she dies, that's it?
xmax hardcore is the only way to play this game.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal