Author Topic: Hamunaptra Mod - Development  (Read 93290 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
  • Formerly 'Nefer' of the tq.net forums.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Hamunaptra Mod - Development
« Reply #90 on: 18 August 2018, 10:03:01 »
Well, to answer your question, I need to know... do we start the map at level 1? And how high do we go?

See the f.a.q here WNG
https://www.hamunaptramod.com/f-a-q
~  Anything new for TQ? Experience what Unearthed Studios NZ has been up to with the release of Eternal Embers! - Website: https://www.unearthedstudiosnz.com/ ~

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #91 on: 18 August 2018, 10:14:26 »

Is this Khamor'aans Blade of yours gained from a secret quest? If yes then the player would have to go out of his way to get this item. If so I think it would be great to give those who made the effort to earn it some edge:

Well assuming you're familiar with Grim Dawn, think of it like Salazar in the Depraved Sanctuary.  You find the dungeon, enter and defeat Salazar and he has a chance to drop his MI blade.  The DS is linked with a quest I think to find the key and then enter it, but killing Salazar isn't part of it it iirc.  In any case, Khamor'aan may be part of a side quest ...or he might just be a bonus hidden boss to hunt down.  His sword will be a legendary item though not an MI, I mean it is a 'Nazgul' blade right ahah

- granting the blade the most efficient damage type in the mod. For instance adding effects such as "+x% Damage to Beastmen, etc ". Now if you haven’t finished the mod you probably don’t know what kind of monsters are predominant in the campaign :)

hehe this made me chuckle a bit, only because to me it is fairly obvious that the Undead are the predominant monster type in Hamunaptra. But yeah Croc this is good and I think adding "dmg to Undead monster type" will be appropriate and sought after  :P

About the Shadow Miasma Aura originally used by Shadowstalkers. They're hard to it sometimes, right? Does it grants them a chance to Evade? If yes Evade is first on the list. On the same vein adding a chance to enemies to Fumble their attack, maybe. ^^.

I did see something but can't remember.  Will have another look
~  Anything new for TQ? Experience what Unearthed Studios NZ has been up to with the release of Eternal Embers! - Website: https://www.unearthedstudiosnz.com/ ~

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: 18 August 2018, 10:18:03 »
+Vitality dmg, %Health reduction on hit and maybe % chance reduced resists for blade, vitality decay per second for the aura. I'm also for chance to fumble for aura as Croc. Or reduced physical/total damage. At least thats how imagine a wraith blade and aura  >:D

Nice! this is what I'm after Nargil, thank you sir  8) definitely got to keep it in line with the overall wraith blade theme huh

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline CrocMagnum

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: 19 August 2018, 13:49:33 »
...hehe this made me chuckle a bit, only because to me it is fairly obvious that the Undead are the predominant monster type in Hamunaptra. But yeah Croc this is good and I think adding "dmg to Undead monster type" will be appropriate and sought after  :P

Argh! I should have thought about this, it's so obvious when I think about it now. ^^

(about Shadow Miasma aura)+Vitality dmg, %Health reduction on hit and maybe % chance reduced resists for blade, vitality decay per second for the aura. I'm also for chance to fumble for aura as Croc. Or reduced physical/total damage. At least thats how imagine a wraith blade and aura  >:D

I think you're so right on the money, nargil66:

Words are important here. The definition of Miasma in Greek Mythology says "a contagious power that has an independent life of its own", coming back to Titan Quest this totally sounds like the Plague tree from Nature Mastery. So yeah Health Reduction seems appropriate. Finely observed, friend. :)

By the way I forgot, seeing how Shadowstalkers sweep down so fast on you, I would add a Movement Speed bonus to Miasma. So to sum up Miasma aura:

- Evade [%Dodge Attacks + % Chance to Avoid Projectiles?],
- Movement Speed,
- Chance to Fumble,
- Health Reduction in % [could it spread to nearby enemies? Err maybe that's overkill?  :P],
« Last Edit: 19 August 2018, 13:57:36 by CrocMagnum »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: 11 September 2018, 15:46:28 »

Hey guys am back with another 'proper' update  ;)

link: https://www.hamunaptramod.com/

Let me know what ye think and hope you enjoy!

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
« Reply #95 on: 11 September 2018, 15:59:46 »
So I'm just waiting for that playtest opportunity, this looks awesome... =d

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: 12 September 2018, 10:04:18 »
Heha thanks WNG and yeah there's a lot going on atm but believe me I'm persevering to get it ready.  Btw good work on releasing Doom Island aye!

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: 29 October 2018, 14:21:14 »
Hey guys, here a few things I've been working on lately..  Other than this though I have been tweaking the beginning areas to ensure it's all up to reasonable standard for Alpha - after all, first impressions count!

Below are some undead variations I've added.  As you can see the first screenshot shows off a new, slower breed of skeletal undead I like to call the 'Shambling Dead' family.  Typically, skeletons in Titan Quest run at the player and overwhelm them.  This is great and has its place but I also want to have more slower moving skeletons that are;
            a) Stronger and more resilient (basically can take a good beating before going down)
            b)Hit significantly harder but move slower

In-game this makes for fun and frantic encounters since you can get surrounded by these guys if your not careful and, even though they are slow, they aren't easily fought off.  Add to this the other 'members of the family' > the even more tanky Herald Revenants, the Skeletal Magi and Greater Mummified Stalkers and things get +1 fun  ;D

Following this here's some other variations of monsters one might find in dusty dungeons.  The dark mummy reskin or Exhumed Horror I really like at the moment  8)

and he has a big brother > the Exhumed Horror - Executioner

And finally, check out some of the 'new' types of lootable variations that have been added to Hamunaptra  ;)

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: 29 October 2018, 14:31:26 »
what a scarry undeads you got there :)

beautifull work, kudos
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: 29 October 2018, 14:47:51 »
Fantastic work on those undead... :D I've seen enough to suspect this will be the most immersive mod for TQ when it's released! Man, the hype...
And those new containers - really add to the atmosphere!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
« Reply #100 on: 29 October 2018, 14:56:36 »
Looks awesome, as always. Keep up the good work  :)

Now that makes me wonder, isn't Spirit Ward/Bane going to be overpowered in there? Or will there be other sort of enemies to fight?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: 30 October 2018, 10:16:19 »
Thanks heaps for the kind words guys  :)

Yeah Spirit Ward is going to be very valuable lol but yes there will be other monster types in the dungeons and tombs of course. Also traps.

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: 02 November 2018, 11:31:24 »

....If a hidden chamber existed somewhere within the beginning area - 'hypothetically'   ^-^  What might one find??

Perhaps something super helpful like:
  a) an item with reduction to requirements maybe?
  b) a piece of lore which upon reading grants some early XP?
  c) good 'ol potions?
  d) a unique formulae?
  e) possibility of one random low level unique tailored to the gameplay achetypes?  (ranged/melee/caster)

What do you think? Hypothetically of course  O:-)

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: 02 November 2018, 11:46:55 »
Perhaps all of the above, just random chance?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: 02 November 2018, 15:07:15 »
^

if isnt possible, i would say a bit extra exp would help the player, getting a few extra tricks.
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal