Author Topic: Version 2 Development LOC  (Read 228644 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
Version 2 Development LOC
« on: 03 December 2017, 21:29:49 »
Okay, so with the latest patch, my new version I've been working on crashes to desktop whenever trying to open the skill pane window.

I tried rebuilding with the latest version of ArtManager, importing the new templates. Nothing. Crash crash crash

I tried decompiling the new Ragnarok map, but the decompiler tool made by...I forget, but it's a fan made utility...crashes when it comes to a map with a name that uses a UNICODE character. My US English ascii version of Windows (and the windows components that the utility accesses) CAN'T READ UNICODE NAMED FILES and just crashes in defeat.

So unless I learn to read Swedish and install a Swedish version of Windows, and then develop a 3rd party map decompiler on that system, I can't include the new map in my mod.

<bangs head on keyboard repeatadly>

So I am starting version 2 over again today without a game map. <weak hurrah>

EDIT: So I downloaded the Swedish language pack for Win 10, changed my Locale settings and still crashes:

« Last Edit: 03 February 2018, 02:56:39 by efko »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Version 2 Development
« Reply #1 on: 03 December 2017, 22:22:43 »
its bad, i wish i could help, dam those errors are nasty.

It must be something around new file our setting :S
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 04 December 2017, 02:06:23 »
I don't know how to help you. But even if you decide to stay on old AE, I'd gladly deinstall expansion to play v2.
LoC > Ragnarok.
« Last Edit: 04 December 2017, 02:08:04 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 04 December 2017, 03:17:01 »
Nah just going to make it mapless. I don't need the aggravation.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline knightsouldier

• Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 04 December 2017, 04:37:53 »
I've tracked down the source for the map decompiler and loaded it up into Visual Studio 2012. If you had some time to work with me, I'm certain I can update the source to handle the files.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 04 December 2017, 09:45:03 »
I don't know how to help you. But even if you decide to stay on old AE, I'd gladly deinstall expansion to play v2.
LoC > Ragnarok.

I dont think its even possible, lets hope maybe it can work it out.
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 04 December 2017, 19:35:21 »
I've tracked down the source for the map decompiler and loaded it up into Visual Studio 2012. If you had some time to work with me, I'm certain I can update the source to handle the files.

Nice! But I have to say, I haven't used Visual Studio since 2008, and that was just for XML at work. :D

So I don't know how much help I would be.

Stack Overflow maybe? Just a library to add that will read.write unicode file names I hope.
« Last Edit: 04 December 2017, 19:49:50 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 04 December 2017, 22:38:02 »
Okay, I just got to Tegea with a Wanderer and everything is going great.

I have the Ragnarok skills imported and the mastery select UI and Caravan XL. Though right now the player inventory background is still vanilla for the amulet slot. Will keep working on it.

I think the new elemental damage aura for Nature will make for an interesting knife thrower with Runemaster :)

Did I mention how much I love my Wood Nymphs from level 1? Sexy and strong, just the way I like it. Reminds me of me. :O

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 04 December 2017, 22:50:57 »
ahah :P !

What will be the roule of runemaster in the mod ?

It will have pets/summons, our will be a full support mastery that helps solo masteries and hybrids ?

our a bit of both ?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 05 December 2017, 00:03:52 »
Though right now the player inventory background is still vanilla for the amulet slot. Will keep working on it.

Caravan source for expansion - https://mega.nz/#!9bJzmZhT!VtAR8KwxKeriOgaCdioDJLi6J0UFcilX3C-AE4YLku0
« Last Edit: 05 December 2017, 00:13:51 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline knightsouldier

• Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 05 December 2017, 01:29:08 »
I've misled you... I won't have a problem with the coding. What I need is some step-by-step instructions to setup my environment so I can do exactly what you're doing to see the error and capture it in my debugging environment. I can then effect the change and provide you with a new executable.

If you're available and willing, we could do this over Skype or Discord. I can't imagine it taking more than 10 minutes of your time to get me setup.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline knightsouldier

• Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: 05 December 2017, 01:48:43 »
I started to play around with it to make myself familiar and I see now that you're having an issue with MapDecompilerGUI. I'm assuming you're clicking on the lower Browse button, "to choose a destination directory". If so, it's crashing on the filename as it loops through them all and using the code I found in MAPDecomp.cpp from the MapDecomp folder.

Can you try using the MAPDecomp.exe stand-alone on one of UNICODE files? You can always pass it the 8.3 filename to avoid the problem. If that works, it would be easy enough to just setup a quick batch file for those affected files. Just do a "dir /b > files.txt" and then edit the resulting text file into a batch file that would use MAPDecomp.exe to decompile them one-by-one. It's pretty much the same approach as the GUI. It's just making it easier for you.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: 05 December 2017, 02:06:06 »
Awesome nargil66, that did the trick! CaravanXL is ready for action! However, I forgot I was testing and spent the next couple hours getting to Megara. :D

@knightsouldier:  I extracted the map from TQ install dir/resources/Levels.arc using ArcExporer. Then I use the MapDecomp GUI
 and decompile to My Games/Working/Custom Maps/LoC_V2/Maps/World directory.

I can't do command line very well...I can't hold all the file path information in my head AND type it out by hunting and pecking. That's why I made a pet mod because I can't use the keyboard or aim the cursor...same thing. ppl think I am kidding, it's always been a real handicap for me. And thank god for spellcheck writing this I tend to hit multiple keys at once lol

EDIT: lol I died 3 time with my Wanderer today becuase my finger hits the "+" key instead of the "9" key. Stumbled on an obsidian Monster Shrine and got two Satyr heroes :)
« Last Edit: 05 December 2017, 02:23:25 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline knightsouldier

• Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: 05 December 2017, 05:47:38 »
You've given me enough to start debugging! I was able to duplicate the issue and I'm currently working my way through the exception error. Currently, it involves "0x3F78827F (1064862335) - 0x0003BCAC (0000244908): XPack2\Levels\WildLands\Underground\WildHeathlands02_Cave.lvl". I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline knightsouldier

• Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: 05 December 2017, 06:05:45 »
Found the problem. It was simply an index length issue. The index that held filenames wasn't big enough to contain the new levels. It was limited to 1024 but needed 1237. I doubled it.

Old:
   char fileNames[1024][256];
New:
   char fileNames[2048][256];

After I did that, I was able to get the command line version to work without issue. I've attached a zip file that contains a new executable I compiled with the updated cpp file.

This is the syntax I used from the command-line after copying the new MAPDecomp.exe to the directory containing the world01.map file.

MAPDecomp world01.map world01.wrl

Let me know if I can be of further assistance!

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal