Author Topic: The Xmax Hardcore Challenge  (Read 262794 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: The Xmax Hardcore Challenge
« Reply #345 on: 03 December 2018, 06:41:00 »
Updated and nice work you two.  :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #346 on: 05 December 2018, 02:13:00 »
decided to play some
warning: lots of pics.. so i put em in spoilers

Spoiler for Hiden:

all this time i was thinking what my 2nd mastery will be.. i was leaning towards hunting but i also remembered my how do you build an elementalist thread.. and that i have no idea how to build a good elementalist

at lvl 30 i decided to finally get a 2nd mastery.. i was still thinking hunting but i kinda have an idea on how my character would look like if i choose hunting, but not earth.. so before i could choose hunting i decided to click on earth and put 3 pts on earth mastery so there's no going back.. LOLZ  ^-^

Spoiler for Hiden:

so eiko-chan is now lvl 30 elementalist.. last rebirth fountain is fayum oasis

edit: off-topic: i just realized my character name sounds like efko-chan.. but it doesn't have anything to do with efko.. lolz.. eiko is a character in a manga i read - "slow start". slice of life
« Last Edit: 05 December 2018, 02:23:57 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #347 on: 05 December 2018, 06:49:01 »
Updated and nice work botebote77.  :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #348 on: 06 December 2018, 01:04:49 »
@botebote77 : Have you found a protective build for your elementalist, will it be more storm or earth friendly  ?

Update for the runesmith, i finally could handle with these minolords without using the gate :)

Runny Smith - L74 Twinked - Rhakotis

Spoiler for Hiden:

Due to negative resistances, i had to change a lot in my gear setup and skills in act 1. In particular, I tried the batter skill, it's not worth it imo natively because of its cooldown but appears as a good skill with high CDR. However having good CDR and positive resistances is hard to make. It implies too many sacrifices. The best setup appears to be with thrown weapons... and i don't want to use these weapons with this build because it means that the toon won't use the main defender skills. Thrown weapons are way more powerfull than single melee blades.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #349 on: 06 December 2018, 01:32:46 »
@botebote77 : Have you found a protective build for your elementalist, will it be more storm or earth friendly  ?
no idea.. what i do know is i will equip a shield.. what concerns me is my stats.. so for now i will be aiming for rings of the rhine + thoths glory for reduced requirements.. but long term plans, no idea
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #350 on: 06 December 2018, 02:18:17 »
hmm.. i could just load up on DA and hope squall + core dweller takes care of the archers, right? that might be my first priority
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #351 on: 06 December 2018, 06:42:23 »
Updated and well done Tauceti.  :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #352 on: 09 December 2018, 13:33:33 »
Runny Smith - L75 Twinked - Babylon outskirts

The manticore was the real threat in act 2. No question to tank 3 of those here, the poison spike is lethal. Therefore i used the wisp summoned by Megingjord chest armor, to pull manticores one by one.

Spoiler for Hiden:

Counters:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #353 on: 10 December 2018, 05:43:40 »
update for eiko-chan:
last big boss killed was barmanu

Spoiler for Hiden:

hey thanks @Tauceti for your tests and your recent posts.. used nubian deflector, adepts mantle, and 2 cernunnos majesty.. managed to get 80% stun res, 80% cold res, 33% physical res, and 43% less damage from beastmen.. i did get hit by one fragment but it did very little damage.. i may have also discovered this mage weapon that's anti-barmanu,minolord, and goldtooth: obsidian crescent.. low str requirement with 50% damage to beastmen.. i say mage weapon because the base damage is low but it does not matter to mages.. used it against barmanu and gargantuan yeti

edit: lolz just found out that the gargantuan yeti is a beast.. not beastman so obsidian crescent was useless in that fight.. lolz
in act 3, since i don't have entrapment resistance, my spell breaker was in full use.. i use it on myself so i don't get mobbed when enemies cast ensnare
dem full xmax is really laggy.. my 4gb ram doesn't help much either

good luck on your xmax HC toon

Spoiler for Hiden:

eiko-chan is now lvl 37.. last rebirth fountain: outer mongolia
« Last Edit: 10 December 2018, 06:53:40 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #354 on: 10 December 2018, 07:07:22 »
Nice work you two.  Well done.  :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #355 on: 10 December 2018, 22:47:36 »
@MedeaFleecestealer i have a question.. i used to do this trick years ago in TQIT.. it makes things easier but can be considered cheating depending on the person.. am i allowed to use epic and legendary scrolls on normal? imagine summoning behemoth or legendary storm witches on normal to battle act 3 Dragonians.. or using divine scroll of arrow dancer against normal machae archers

allowed or not.. it's fine with me.. what's not fine with me is using defiler to get lots of money to buy lots of scrolls.. or to buy uber items

edit: for additional info: legendary storm witches and behemoth last for 3mins and scroll cooldown is 3min 33secs iirc.. so if you load up on scrolls, there is only 33secs where you don't have uber pet.. and nature can heal them
« Last Edit: 10 December 2018, 23:10:07 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #356 on: 11 December 2018, 07:24:28 »
That question's not come up botebote77.  Personally I limit myself to only using those relics/charms/scrolls that can be found on a particular difficulty, but what do the rest of you think?  How do you play the challenge with these?  Should it be allowed or not?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #357 on: 11 December 2018, 11:31:32 »
i did a quick test with divine scroll of behemoth on normal.. you might want to disallow it after these findings medea.. it's fine for me if you do

1) for some reason, behemoth lasts until the cooldown of the scroll expires.. so if you have lots of behemoth scrolls, you can have an OP pet up at all times

2) it can clear the way to Typhon all on its own including cyclops mobs.. and this was full xmax.. by the time it gets to 3 Typhon it will die because it's health is too diminished already.. but it still did a lot of damage to 3 Typhon

but

3) I tried summoning behemoth right before Typhon battle so it has full health.. i removed any pet jewelry, i wasn't wearing any pet items.. i did not summon any pets and did not cast anything.. did not help at all except for the HoO aura which i forgot to dispel.. and 1 behemoth took down all 3 Typhon all by itself.. and it still had a bit of life left so HoO might not have been needed

regarding relics/charms, I'm open to using epic/legendary charms on normal.. i have lots of items socketed already from previous characters.. if i give that to my character, I'm not willing to remove an epic/legendary charm just to replace it with a normal version.. and then when i get to epic i remove the normal charm and replace it again with epic version.. it's a waste of time and money
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #358 on: 11 December 2018, 21:11:32 »
ARgl, Noooooooo ! Runny fell on the ground.
The 3 Dragon liche now satiated have returned to their grave.

Runny Smith - Lvl 76 Twinked - Died to the Dragon Liche - Final killcount: 204106

Silly I was to have engaged the 3 at once. I should have played better and pulled them one by one, like the 3 Manticore.
No error is allowed in legendary  ::)

So here are the last pics:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Anyway, I will keep good souvenirs of this toon  ;). Defense, contrary to my first impression, is nice to play with.
He was very tanky. It was its first and last close call.

Regarding to your question Medea, i am using all what is allowed by the game itself, and nothing by a tiers application. That is: relics/gear/scroll of any difficulty that the vault allow to transfer to a new toon. For example for a new toon , i am used to play at lvl 25 with weigthless veteran gear coming from legendary toons. It speeds up things greatly. The same thing for relics/charms.

About scrolls, i don't like using them whatever the difficulty because it tends to hide the strength or weakness of a build. That said, from time to time i have to use some of them in rare situations like the staff pyramid quest in act 2. A scroll of elemental shielding is necessary in legendary when you click on the sarcophage because a synchronized fire from a huge pack of gilded mages due to Xmax... The same when engaging 3 typhons. But i wouldn't like kill a boss thanks to a scroll. This is a personal convenience though. I don't mind if other players use a lot of scrolls as far as i am concerned.

it can clear the way to Typhon all on its own including cyclops mobs.. and this was full xmax.. by the time it gets to 3 Typhon it will die because it's health is too diminished already.. but it still did a lot of damage to 3 Typhon
Wahouuuh, i wasn't aware of such possibility. Any way, i don't mind if it speeds things in normal (like my weigthless trick about gear) because the real challenge begins in late epic and in legendary, and hence scrolls would not impact things anymore.

« Last Edit: 11 December 2018, 22:01:09 by Tauceti »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #359 on: 11 December 2018, 21:40:46 »
Tauceti you darned s**t careless again.. auughh.. and after killing hydra and manticore.. awwwhhh well

late edit: i meant no bad thing with my comment dude  O:-)

there is also the instance that when you get scrolls as quest rewards, me I'd rather use it than just sell it

i actually find epic easier than normal for twinked characters.. using divine scrolls on normal makes things ridiculously easy on normal.. i feel it defeats the purpose of challenge.. and this is supposed to be a challenge.. but as i said, allowed or not it's fine with me

i might not play my toon until after xmas or near xmas.. if there is no decision by then i won't use epic or legendary scrolls on normal.. but even if it's decided it's allowed, i still might not use em.. elementalist is supposed to be a glassy character and i plan to find out just how far i can get it to.. using OP scrolls also defeats that purpose
« Last Edit: 12 December 2018, 05:01:39 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal