Author Topic: The Xmax Hardcore Challenge  (Read 262765 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
Re: The Xmax Hardcore Challenge
« Reply #240 on: 16 May 2018, 00:32:39 »
Nooooooo ! Saiga finally died to the bloodsisters Sagira & Safyia in a cave near the waypoint Jade Palace.

Too bad since Barmanu pull was clean this time. I really took care of Draconian packs too, micro managing the pets and all was ok. But for trash mobs not dangerous I didn't pay attention and rushed fronthead. I forgotten that sometimes in these packs were hidden some heroes. Usually the blood sisters are not that dangerous, they have good dps but low life. I cannot explain what really happened it was as if Saiga was terribly slowed and if she can't spam ternion she can't replenished her life...well i should have taken my time, it is mandatory in legendary  ::)

Here are the pics, the last boss killed by Saiga lvl 76 was the Liche Dragon and the final kill count is 193.650, woot  ;)

« Last Edit: 16 May 2018, 00:38:53 by Tauceti »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline gasconron

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #241 on: 16 May 2018, 04:53:51 »
Well even in vanilla Sapros was the go to for melee sustain weapons, that's not designed to one-shot.
Admittedly, it was pretty strong: decent base-damage, flat ~50 RR and a ~15-20 ADCtH%.
It was just too perfect for anything that wanted to clear this and not die via tank and spank method --- but you're right @Tauceti -25% might be too steep.

While most generic/mainstream users of Sapros, have a huge HP pool that renders the nerf insignicant.
Sapros is no longer a viable option for frail Hybrid builds that used to abuse it as a debuff weapon before applying their main damage.

As for the bias on Ragnarok items, look no further:
https://www.tq-db.net/equipment/golden-agris-helmet - +skills, -% CDR, +% Ele resists and damage
https://www.tq-db.net/set/freyjas-panoply --- hunting for this set to give to my Elementalist, it's OP asf
https://www.tq-db.net/equipment/hervors-fine-steel --- 200 DA, 20% damage reduction to undead? 70% Vita Res, 15% Phys Res, +1 War Skills? So much defensive stas for an item meant for a class already with Triumph and Ignore Pain... lol
https://www.tq-db.net/equipment/trollwrestler-greaves --- laugh @ Bleed and Pierce damage, -% beastman damage which is the vast majority of the game, health and +20% STR
https://www.tq-db.net/equipment/plate-of-toutatis --- Ferrus Gnosi ver. 2.0: very high armor rating +25% shield block chance, +25% DA, +25% Armor Protection, High Source of Bleeding and Pierce resist, +1 Defense skill, seriously wtf... balance much???

I am aware that they needed increase player options to deal with the new scaling of the already buffed AE monsters into Ragnarok that now reached absurd levels @ Legendary, but they could have at least reworked existing Legendaries to scale just as much as Ragnarok items would to make them just as competitive rather than allowing the vast majority to just be relegated as levelling items. IMO, every Legendary should have the potential right to become a decent end-game option. Having so many toons and experimental builds I hate having to fall back on the same item every goddamn testing phase just to balance the character enough to be Legendary viable, then waste even more time trying think of alternative gears that would make the current build more unique than the last one.

***END OF RANT: sorry, love AE:R but this thoughtlessness of devs at times really does trigger me.
« Last Edit: 16 May 2018, 05:08:49 by gasconron »
xmax hardcore is the only way to play this game.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline gasconron

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #242 on: 16 May 2018, 05:18:42 »
Nooooooo ! Saiga finally died to the bloodsisters Sagira & Safyia in a cave near the waypoint Jade Palace.

Noooo!!!  :( :( :( Were you caught unaware or was it a high damage spike? Were you map clearing on Legendary on a caster? Don't do that dude...
A lot more things aside from bosses can kill you in Legendary, leave the map clears after the challenge. It's those retarded champion spawns that usually catches you by surprise that ends the challenge.
« Last Edit: 16 May 2018, 05:20:45 by gasconron »
xmax hardcore is the only way to play this game.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #243 on: 16 May 2018, 08:32:07 »
Darn..  :( Bad luck Tauceti.  Saiga will still be remembered in the Fallen Heroes Graveyard though.

Small update for Gale Vitesse.  She's run up to the Jade Palace and back to Chang'an then on to Wusao Mountain where she's taking a rest before continuing.  Up to L 39 now.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #244 on: 17 May 2018, 00:03:24 »
Noooo!!!  :( :( :( Were you caught unaware or was it a high damage spike? Were you map clearing on Legendary on a caster? Don't do that dude...
A lot more things aside from bosses can kill you in Legendary, leave the map clears after the challenge. It's those retarded champion spawns that usually catches you by surprise that ends the challenge.

Well i was rushing into the cave and my pets decided to play with fire spirits whereas a djin and the 2 bloodsisters came whising to greet me. It hurts.
And yes i was used to map clearing in all difficulty modes. Hmm maybe this is not appropriate to this challenge... Guess i will follow your advice now  ;D

On the other hand, this toon is dedicated to farming sessions and clearing the maps prevents some boring boss runs. Got a bunch of purples like this, thanks to Xmax.
Especially Persephone's Caress a few moments before falling to the ground. And since i never tried an icesharder before, the @botebote77 's idea of an hybrid toon appeals to me.
Maybe the next toon, just have to check the vault.

I am aware that they needed increase player options to deal with the new scaling of the already buffed AE monsters into Ragnarok that now reached absurd levels @ Legendary, but they could have at least reworked existing Legendaries to scale just as much as Ragnarok items would to make them just as competitive rather than allowing the vast majority to just be relegated as levelling items. IMO, every Legendary should have the potential right to become a decent end-game option

Actually, They have reworked some existing Legendaries. The Praxidikae staff Saiga was wearing most of the time, has been greatly buffed with Ragnarok, and so the level requirement. I've seen other items reworked too, but only a small portion apparently.
« Last Edit: 17 May 2018, 00:11:55 by Tauceti »

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #245 on: 20 May 2018, 11:48:09 »
Hyone is out of the challenge.  Nearly died to the 3 Typhons and didn't wait for her health to recover fully before going back into the fight.  :(  Should know better by now with this challenge, especially trying it no potions. Final death count: 39,601.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #246 on: 20 May 2018, 13:28:15 »
It's those retarded champion spawns that usually catches you by surprise that ends the challenge.

It doesn't help that Djiin champions spawn in pairs either.

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #247 on: 09 July 2018, 12:50:07 »
Gale Vitesse has made it to Act 4 Normal.  Found the melee Draconians a pain to deal with, but managed it.   Telkines and Typhons weren't too bad, just slow work.  She's L41 and in Medea's Grove.  Kill count: 43,180.

And the Anatok boss does spawn in this mod now - but only the one, not 3.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #248 on: 19 July 2018, 13:12:04 »
Hey, I'm joining the challenge. Is there any problem if i use CaravanXL Xmax? No mercenary and no codes ofcourse.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #249 on: 19 July 2018, 13:15:08 »
the bigger the bags the better it would be :D

i guess its fine, since it adds only more space
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #250 on: 19 July 2018, 13:30:37 »
Shouldn't be a problem.  Enjoy.  :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #251 on: 19 July 2018, 13:55:48 »
Ok, here is the char - Adonis, lvl 10 Ritualist (Untwinked), Spartan camp (just owned the 3 Nessuses)

One of the satyrs killed by old Hippias had dropped a Hood of the magi on the ground. Cool find for start  :)

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #252 on: 19 July 2018, 14:06:02 »
Added to the leaderboard and good luck with him.  Are you playing with Ragnarok too?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #253 on: 19 July 2018, 21:32:39 »
Well... I died  :-[. 5 levels later, from the 3 Princes of the s Sword in Old Eleusis. Got too cocky at first, trying to hit all with Phantom Strike... then got stunned, panicked, ran for a corner... one more hero in the graveyard  :(
I guess I've lost shape after months of too little gaming... or LoC's strong pets have spoiled me, idk.
Medea, prease erase the char from leaderboards. Lvl 15 death is not something to be proud of  :-\

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #254 on: 19 July 2018, 22:02:09 »
Well, they are the nastiest of the lot to tackle I think.  Archer and mage are pretty easy to deal with, but them guys in melee - ouch. Sorry your challenge ended so soon though.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal