Author Topic: Titan Quest - Post Atlantis Suggestions  (Read 2367 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Wagi

• Visitor
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Titan Quest - Post Atlantis Suggestions
« on: 17 May 2019, 01:33:00 »
My suggestion for Titan Quest

Note that I'll keep this message in a text file so I can add/modify/adapt my thoughts/suggestions as they come.
If I post that here it's to discuss openly with everyone, to see your opinions and other suggestions.
But also because for the suggestions to have a bigger impact on developers it's to have lots of times that suggestion.
If you agree in general with what I said don't hesitate to :thumbsup:

Hi devs,
This is not a critical message, only what I would really like to see in the game.
Because I love the game, and you are the guys that bring back that game to life. So I won't complain.
Thanks, I wish you interesting reading!

- An Auction House:
    Which would be a place in one or more city, where we could place items and take items under conditions or not.
    For the conditions:
        - none
        - gold
        - an other item
    The idea however online content doesn't stick with the separated Solo and Multiplayer.
    So if the engine can support it, I would make that place an inside of a closed building.
    It would be clicking on the door to connect and so enter that online area.
    Inside it we could see an certain amount of player, for the best performances, dedicated server only for that area, that's not a big server.
    And phasing so that instance would merge if possible.
    I think it's a good idea because it would improve the quality of life as you guys, devs, did with Atlantis DLC.
    We do trade, it's accepted by the devs. Today trading it's going to multiplayer, find an host, find each other, exchange, leave, go back to solo.
    Those steps are what the Auction House could improve without ruining the principle of the game and the way it works.

- Detailed Skills:
    So I thought of a new interface for skills so when we would open the Skills Window the skill-tree would still be there.
    And I'd remove the details when passing over with the mouse but instead specify to press right-click for more details.
    Once right-clicked, an interface for that skill only, with maybe some new description, like more lore, then a precise description of what it does.
    Why not even an illustration/picture/video of the skill.

- A Personal Place:
    The idea comes from the problem of inventory space. I'm a collector, therefore inventory space problem is constant.
    My solution for now has been to create character only used as bags/vault. I know TQvault exist however I'm not into mods.
    That personal place would be an house somewhere, in which we would have some rooms
    For the rooms:
        - Dressing (bad name I know)
            There would be armor stand like (I guess devs can re-use the one like in Sparta or the same position as the character in waiting pos)
            on which we could place items. BUT only for armor set. Why only armor set? Because just below.
            The interface I imagine would be a window with on the left side the same as the character without Artifacts,
            and on the right lore about those items.
        - Charm and Relic room (No name came to my mind)
            That be would be where we can merge them or attach them with items.
            Maybe separate them as we can do with an Enchanter.
            Not against gold it does not make sense but maybe like against a new item of "utility" type, like hammer or whatever.
            Because there is the ability to do that with the Enchanter. That's why no gold in that place.
        - Vault
            Because there is a mod that lots of people uses, instead of pushing people to use that mod.
            Make a vault where there would be a lot of place to store what we want.
            As for the Caravan guy, pay gold to increase space of the vault.
            With that new room the Caravan guy, should be only for sharing and not anymore personnal character storage.
        - Some other rooms just for design purpose and realism

- Alternative of personnal place:
    I personnaly do prefer the personnal place.
    This alternative would be having a new window in the menu in the bottom bar (My interface is the original one)
    I'd put it next to inventory, and it would be a sort of collection menu, where we could see which Epic/Legendary we've discovered.
    With storage for each unique items, so that's a way to store Epic and Legendary items in a collection way.
    Sets items toghether of course, and even some lore about those items next to it.

- Improved Enchanter:
    Would be the new place where we could attach Relics/Charms to items.
    We create Artifacts there, we separate Relics/Charms there, so makes sense to me to attach too.
    However this would result in not having the possibility of doing it directly in the inventory.
    Since it's now free because we do it in the inventory, the cost should not be expensive.

- The forge (My vision of @Leonidas235#8621's idea):
    Place that can be found in some City, that would allow the change of stats/ add new stats, for Epic/Legendary items only.
    The cost would be extremely expensive in gold because it's something that "breaks" the game a bit.
    Or with the new feature from Atlantis DLC, Tartarus, adding an item in it that we would need only to use the forge system.
    the added/modified stats could have another color than the others stats of that item so we clearly see what's modified.

- Enigma:
    With the Immorthal Throne extentions back in 2008, was introduce triggering element in the environment.
    I mean appart from chest...
        - Great Hall of Propontis with the bedpan(not sure about that word) with the water which opens a door on the right.
        - Tomb of the Tsakonian Queens with the two key that open two doors to get the treasure.
    Which was something interesting that hasn't used all its potential for now.
    I don't know what are the possibilities though.
    Anyway I thought of enigmas in which we would have to interact with the environment could be a nice thing.

- Open spaces
    - City
        Cities are not so much open, I always want to see more of it, to me the best cities are Corinthe and Athens because we can see a bit of the city.
        But still not enough even if there is nothing to do it could be nice to have bigger cities, maybe add some lore/stories about the city.
        Inside of some building open could be nice, in Corinthe for example, we can a big temple but can't access it and enter in it, just to see more.

- Levels
        In general, the levels that we go though are zones with transitions.
        When going through those zones, even if we went through them 1000 times, there is always this feeling of discorvery covered up.
        I think it's of course due to the fact that we know the zones but also the size of the zones.
        I would make them much bigger, to get that feeling of discorvery much stronger, even get lost could be fun.
        Add more side zone/place to go. The first zone of Scandinavia was a bit like that.

Open spaces TLDR: Make zones larger, avoid linearity, make side zones, give the feeling of lost.

Thanks for reading.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal