Author Topic: Titan Quest Attack Damage Converted to Health Guide by Whisk33  (Read 8555 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
This is what I have come to think of how these health related attacks work… Test em and correct em maybe. I’ll try and be a specific as possible. Any suggestions are welcomed. I have updated this everytime something has been tested and proven. This is accurate.
P1
Life leech is a life leech dmg type over time. It is resisted by life leech resistance. It is increased by +%life leech. This is true for both heros(our toons) and enemies. The amount of dmg that is inflicted on your enemy gets returned back to you as health.
P2
Vitality dmg is a vitality dmg type. It is not increased by any character stat(possibly increased by intellegence). It is resisted by vitality resistance. It is increased by +%vitality dmg. This is true for both heros(our toons) and enemies.
P3
##% reduction of health is a vitality dmg type. It takes the total current health (like the static charge skill from the sorc in D2) value, determines the %reduction and inflicts that number. The number is then resisted by vitality resistances and for enemies there is also an additional resistance to specifically %reduction of health attacks. This is why this dmg has little to no effect on bosses. When using items that reduce resistances all resistances (including the hidden %health are lowered) This dmg can NOT be increase by +%vitality dmg.
P4
% of Attack converted to health. This stat will take the “flat” dmg that you inflict (physical, pierce, fire, cold, lighting, vitality) (no dots). Once that dmg has been resisted by the armor and resistance of the enemy is it totaled, multiplied by the %conversion to health and then before this health is granted to you it is reduced by the life leech resistance of the enemy. The amount of health recovered can NOT be directly increased by +%life leech, but indirectly the amount CAN be increased by lowering the -life leech resistance of the enemy.

https://www.kirmiziperfect.com/titan-quest-attack-damage-converted-to-health-guide-by-whisk33/

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Titan Quest Attack Damage Converted to Health Guide by Whisk33
« Reply #1 on: 09 September 2018, 01:01:27 »
just want to say that this is still true for AE/R

might be nice to also post this on GuidesAE so players will see it more easily

as for P2, it is increased by int but i can't remember if it did in TQIT
anyways for TQAE, iirc it's 10% per 65 int
and for vit decay (DoT), 10% per 50 int

take note of P4 for those playing melee with spirit  ;)
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 09 September 2018, 07:58:06 »
nobody asked but here is proof for P2 (vit damage scaling with int)

no other vit damage than from the weapon, no elemental damage either
Spoiler for Hiden:

and when added 20 stat points to int:
Spoiler for Hiden:

it's a tiny boost but you can't expect much from 16 vit damage
that's an accomplished hero test character
« Last Edit: 09 September 2018, 07:59:50 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 09 September 2018, 11:13:07 »
i did more tests.. dem what am i doing today? ;D

i think i've read in multiple sources before that str adds a flat amount of physical damage per i can't remember points..
but looking at poinas attribute guide:
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=637.0

Every 50 points in strength increases your physical damage modifier by 10%, and adds 2 flat physical damage

and the same with int
Every 50 points in intelligence increases your elemental (fire, cold, lightning) damage modifier by 7.7%, and adds 1.25 flat elemental damage

but when i tested:
adding int first, weapon deals pure physical:
Spoiler for Hiden:
and when i added 57 stat points on int:
Spoiler for Hiden:
where was the flat elemental damage?

and when i tested str:
Spoiler for Hiden:
those jewelries are just so i could wear the staff
when i added 50 stat points to str:
Spoiler for Hiden:
where was the flat physical damage?

it's not like staves don't carry flat physical
here is with battle standard:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Poinas said it and i will never say he's wrong.. and as i've mentioned above, iirc i read it before from multiple sources (although i don't remember where)
so am i misunderstanding it or was it changed in AE so that str and int now don't add flat physical and elemental?
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #4 on: 09 September 2018, 15:05:55 »
i did more tests.. dem what am i doing today? ;D

i think i've read in multiple sources before that str adds a flat amount of physical damage per i can't remember points..
but looking at poinas attribute guide:
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=637.0

Every 50 points in strength increases your physical damage modifier by 10%, and adds 2 flat physical damage

and the same with int
Every 50 points in intelligence increases your elemental (fire, cold, lightning) damage modifier by 7.7%, and adds 1.25 flat elemental damage

but when i tested:

Poinas said it and i will never say he's wrong.. and as i've mentioned above, iirc i read it before from multiple sources (although i don't remember where)
so am i misunderstanding it or was it changed in AE so that str and int now don't add flat physical and elemental?

This should be moved in AE thread here https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=683.new#new

I don't think there was a change in AE regarding what you mentioned.
Game equations in AE are :
(physicalDamageDV * ((strengthDV/500)+1)) + (strengthDV*0.04)      => 50 Str = 2 Physical Damage
(((pierceDamageDV / ((strengthDV/500)+1)) * ((strengthDV/2000)+1)) * ((dexterityDV/400)+1)) + (dexterityDV*0.03)      => 50 Dex = 1,5 Pierce Damage
(elementalDamageDV * ((intelligenceDV / 650) + 1)) + (intelligenceDV*0.025)      => 50 Int = 1,25 Elemental Damage

I think that if (and only if) your weapon deals physical damage, you will do this instead as physical damage : (physicalDamageDV * ((strengthDV/500)+1)) + (strengthDV*0.04). This is a replacement for your physical damage, including bonuses from skills and all your equipment, but it doesn't come on top of all of your damage. You need an already existing source of physical damage.
So with 50 physical, instead of only doing 50 physical, it will do 50*(str/500+1) + str*0.04 (resulting in a total of 64 for 100 str).
But if you don't already do any physical damage when attacking with your weapon, this equation won't be used by the game, so your DPS won't change.

Same goes for elemental and int, pierce and str/dex. Note that even if your weapon does very low (but above 0) physical/pierce/elemental damage, you will benefit from the whole corresponding flat damage. So with a weapon combining physical + pierce (any spear, sword or bow should do, thanks to pierce ratio), with a line of bonus like fire/cold/lightning damage... You will get every 3 types of flat bonuses (their amount still depends on str/dex/int though)
« Last Edit: 09 September 2018, 15:08:42 by soa »
Soulvizier for AE, Ragnarok and Atlantis [released] :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal