Author Topic: The Xmax Hardcore Challenge  (Read 262820 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: The Xmax Hardcore Challenge
« Reply #465 on: 18 March 2019, 12:46:56 »
No problem Ororo, whenever you feel like playing it again.  People come and go on challenges and I'm going on holiday for 3 weeks on Saturday so it won't get updated until mid-April anyway.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #466 on: 17 April 2019, 04:28:21 »
just reread the rules.. about the sphinx quest, at least the xmax version in kirmiziperfect, it's fixed.. doable in xmax.. any other versions of xmax i don't know
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #467 on: 17 April 2019, 07:30:38 »
Yeah, I'd heard that some versions of Xmax have that one fixed.  The original for TQIT mucks up so you have to do that in normal game.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #468 on: 17 April 2019, 07:37:19 »
and i die there sometimes the place where you get the scepter.. huge difference between xmax and single because the green undeads that have thorns also get multiplied

edit: hand of balance
« Last Edit: 17 April 2019, 07:42:25 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline gasconron

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #469 on: 25 May 2019, 11:43:38 »
New expansion is hyped, heard that masteries scale up to give way to the new skills. hopefully this is the boost i need to play some of my more underpowered characters under hardcore challenge conditions.

Is xmax compatible with the new expansion, Atlantis?

EDIT:
@MedeaFleecestealer you can delete my entry Yunah (Thane) from the challenge. I will withdraw her, scrap her and go back to the drawing board. Recent expansion and items seem to have completely killed the concept of INT-melees due to the fact that some items now have potent flat elemental bonuses and come with resist shred, as well as the introduction of a variety of STR armors with -% CD. There's literally no need to handicap yourself by going as a squishy melee just to do elemental dmg melee. It's possible now to do majority elemental dmg (without Rune Mastery) while going STR/DEX/HP.

This really saddens me looking at my collection of dual-affixed elemental Sabretooths... power creep at it's finest. Probably better this way, I reckon, it'll be easier to do HC challenge with a standard STR equip dual wielder, rather than a dual-wielder in mage armor.
« Last Edit: 26 May 2019, 17:28:32 by gasconron »
xmax hardcore is the only way to play this game.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #470 on: 05 June 2019, 20:53:25 »
Hey Medea, here is a new entry: Lune de cendre  ;)

Lune is an evoker (earth/dream) and will try to get the best of Atlantis new skills.

In particular , psionic beam has been revamped, a skill i always disliked before.
But now, PB allows the use of good staves with some AOE effects. And since there is some excellent staves, it's the time to test this.

4 classes should take the best of this skill:
- bonecharmer (dream/hunting) + troll's branch
- dreamkiller (dream/rogue) + staff of the chosen
- evoker (dream/earth) + the prospector rod
- harbinger (dream/warfare) + staff of the covenant

I couldn't say which one is the safer in hardcore, but i finally choose evoker since i don't know much of this mastery.
The plan is to make an auramancer in normal, and to get the help of the core dweller later on while wearing the prospector rod, if indeed Lune can achieve normal mode without the pet.

Spoiler for Hiden:

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #471 on: 05 June 2019, 22:25:22 »
Added to the leaderboard Tauceti and good luck with her.  Is Xmax working properly with Atlantis now?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #472 on: 06 June 2019, 22:55:13 »
It works so far.
one annoying bug though: damage output can't be displayed.

Apart from the technical part, i played the Atlantis adventure with a legendary toon without Xmax.
The new great all damage output feature on screen allowed me to check the insane bleeding damage from rangers.

Actually my toon died one time although he got 80% bleeding resistance. Therefore with Xmax mod, it may be hot  ::)
Bleeding resistance and protection against beastmen and demons seems mandatory for this act, we shall see.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #473 on: 10 June 2019, 01:01:42 »
Tauceti - Lune de cendre - L35 Evoker AERA (TWINKED)- Gardens of Babylon

Lune has finished rising up aura skills and now proceeds with eruption.
New Atlantis skills are tempting hmm...but they are still too high in the board and more survival tools are needed in anticipation of act 3.

Act I & II
Spoiler for Hiden:

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #474 on: 10 June 2019, 08:35:46 »
Nice work Tauceti.  Well done.  :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #475 on: 13 June 2019, 20:53:38 »
Lune de cendre - L46 Evoker AERA (TWINKED)- Rhodes

Late act III, Lune was able to wear the dreamweaver set which helps for fulling resistances before the Typhon encounter. Auramancer skills did the job through all the act except for the main bosses. In that case, Eruption indeed is a faithfull skill when paired with stone form. Note that the 3 sisters quest is no longer bugged with Xmax !
Spoiler for Hiden:

Atlantis was harder with Xmax. really harder. Probably because i am still learning with this act. Surely because fluidity is a main issue with Xmax and archers got high attack speed and damage. Actually Lune experienced 2 close calls with one high priest hero and rangers.  That said, i like the Atlantis adventure for its visual beauty and the storyline closer to the genuine TQ more than Ragnarok, even if i would have preferred another final boss.
Spoiler for Hiden:

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #476 on: 13 June 2019, 21:05:00 »
Nice work Tauceti and good news about the 3 Sisters quest.  Yeah I expect we're going to find Atlantis hard until we learn all it's little problems. Mind you I can say that about Ragnarok too since I've only been through it a couple of times and only on normal game.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #477 on: 17 June 2019, 20:58:40 »
Lune de cendre - L60 Evoker AERA (TWINKED)- Helos

Lune finished happily normal mode without pets (the nightmare is only cosmetic with 1 pt but still useful for pulling bosses when needed)
At lvl 50, Lune has weared the Carnus' set which greatly improves EBD so that she could still run as an auramancer late in act V.

About Atlantis, when i compare the time needed to take down mobs with EBD+fire auras, it appears that Atlantis monsters have a HP pool as high as in act V.
Therefore, it would be smarter to make Atlantis adventure at the end of Act IV, not at the beginning of the act (well...in normal hardcore mode).
A few skill ponts and gear can make the difference.

Act IV
Spoiler for Hiden:

Act V
Spoiler for Hiden:

About Xmax mod, the Achean pass is fixed, and i learned from @botebote77 that the Sphinx quest is also fixed with the latest version of xmax mod. Therefore i downloaded this version from steam and checked that it works. All the quests now work with Xmax  ;)

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #478 on: 18 June 2019, 06:54:53 »
Updated and nice work.

Do you know if the 3 Sisters quest is also fixed?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #479 on: 19 June 2019, 23:36:11 »
Lune de cendre - L62 Evoker AERA (TWINKED)- Rhakotis

Do you know if the 3 Sisters quest is also fixed?
I suppose so Medea even if i can't test it back in normal since the quest is done.

There was a surprise in epic act I, i realize now that Xmax-steam (custom map = "xmax") is harder than Xmax-TQIT (custom map = "monsters-xmax"). In plain fields and boss encounters, it's still the same but in war camps, mobs are noticeably more crowdy on xmax-steam. I can't say why. That said, it's fun that way but more challenging and more complicated for the lack of  fluidity in war camps. Sometimes there is no room between groups, that's crazy. Hmm guess that Atlantis or trolls camps in the last act will be hardly doable...

Act I
Spoiler for Hiden:

Special
A friend of mine has a phobia of spiders. And the boar snatcher even if we know the encounter and without phobia is still a special moment when the big spider runs out of the dark cave towards you. Devs managed a good graphical design with this fight and sure, my friend would avoid this fight  ;D
Spoiler for Hiden:

Stats
Spoiler for Hiden:

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal