Author Topic: Sound fixes from AE included in fanpatch?  (Read 3820 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline idbeholdME

• Beginner
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Sound fixes from AE included in fanpatch?
« on: 30 April 2019, 15:01:40 »
This is an excerpt from the Anniversary Edition changelog:

SOUNDS
 ------

- Fixed excessive Satyr grunts
- Fixed excessive Maenad screaming

I haven't played TQ in a few years and was thinking about coming back. I have the TQ and TQ:IT both separately and in the Gold Edition.
Always played with the Fanpatch, but the 2 issues above always bothered me in TQ:IT (it was not happening in the original TQ IIRC). You kill one Satyr in a group of 15 and all the remaining 14 immediately grunt at once which basically results in a very loud garble of noises any time you kill one (same for Maenads). I have no idea what caused this bug when moving from TQ to TQ:IT but nevertheless, it gets very annoying very fast.

Has a fix for this been included in the fan patch, or are there any plans to include it?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: Sound fixes from AE included in fanpatch?
« Reply #1 on: 01 May 2019, 07:53:25 »
I doubt it's the fanpatch.  More likely THQNordic added the sounds since they went overboard in Ragnarok with these.  Frankly they're irritating and totally unnecessary to me. 

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 01 May 2019, 11:05:45 »
The sound wasnt really a bug, just the base sound was to hight than the rest of the monsters.

AE Nordic decrease their volume values,  it is possible do it in IT vanilla by opening game files
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline idbeholdME

• Beginner
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 02 May 2019, 16:18:03 »
The sound wasnt really a bug, just the base sound was to hight than the rest of the monsters.

AE Nordic decrease their volume values,  it is possible do it in IT vanilla by opening game files

Wait, so the AE didn't fix the bug, but they just lowered the sound volume of those grunts? And here I was hoping....

But I still wonder what introduced the bug in IT, when it wasn't present in vanilla TQ. The sound (grunt) always played only once there, not once for EVERY Satyr/Menead nearby.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 02 May 2019, 18:04:21 »
Im guessing something affected how frequent satyr and maenad cast they voices during the batle. I remenber how annoying was facing a big group of those two

The AE loweres their sound volumes as well their grunt less often.
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal