Author Topic: Mage Sage trying hardcore, untwinked  (Read 3747 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Mage Sage trying hardcore, untwinked
« on: 11 December 2021, 00:10:44 »
So i entered this in my forgotten untwinked hardcore challenge post, but i just keep forgetting taking screenshots. So i decided i'll just make a WIP thread. these are all the screenshots i managed to take the whole normal. it's just not enough

Spoiler for Hiden:

so i started with squall build. act 2, i merchant farmed for spellbound amulet (or maybe i just found one from random mobs, can't remember). i also got lucky i found touch of the fool. so with golden fleece relic, spellbound amulet, and touch of the fool, i took all my points from squall and switched to icesharder build. i wasn't able to find blue dragon scales though. early act 4, just before maenad archer areas, i got squall again. after finishing atlantis, i went back to act 3 babylonian 2nd portal just to farm for money. the goal was 10m to complete odor(?) key for primrose passage. there i farmed for blackbeards booties. this took 13 runs iirc. frost giants in act 5 i used a blue fire staff. ice shard don't work on them.

after beating Surtr, i still don't have a golden belt. but i thought maybe a crystal tear would be better. so i went back to Typhon to farm for a crystal tear artifact, and my 14th try, it finally dropped. note that i can easily take away Typhon's thorns because of spell breaker.

edit: i also farmed for exotic carapace. i found one with shitty affix +12 to dex. i tried to farm for a better one but after a little more than 100 runs, there's just not anything dropping. I'm planning on limiting my str to 208 end of epic just enough to equip neiths will. so that normal exotic carapace will likely stay the rest of the game. I'm thinking only equipping neiths will after i finish stygian lurker and lampidos potion. so touch of the fool will likely stay at least for the time being, just because i like reduced disruption protection

my character's name is anastasia. anybody who knows the same anastasia i have in mind, knows ice shard will be a core skill of this build  O0 . the build is simple: storm for offense, hunting for defense. that's it. i didn't think of any skill combinations/synergies

edit: i dont have EE DLC just yet.
« Last Edit: 11 December 2021, 00:47:01 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bughuul

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Mage Sage trying hardcore, untwinked
« Reply #1 on: 11 December 2021, 13:59:57 »
Hardcore and untwinked mmhmm nomnomnom.. ice shards makes normal soo damn easy.

No labyrinth run for a sbc eh? And blue dragon is very easy to find actually..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 11 December 2021, 21:33:55 »
of course, right after i criticize your build for being too hard, you criticize mine for being too easy. gotcha  :))

sb cuffs farm, not in normal. that bracers' "of the gryphon" suffix

edit: but i see you're doing a guardian. that's doable for sure. but warning, warning, warning (especially for you): that build is so damn slooooow and boring early game
« Last Edit: 11 December 2021, 21:39:22 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bughuul

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 11 December 2021, 22:07:48 »
of course, right after i criticize your build for being too hard, you criticize mine for being too easy. gotcha  :))

sb cuffs farm, not in normal. that bracers' "of the gryphon" suffix

edit: but i see you're doing a guardian. that's doable for sure. but warning, warning, warning (especially for you): that build is so damn slooooow and boring early game
Game itself is easy even for hardcore and untwinked so I have to make some unusual builds.. that's my playstyle in TQ. But I couldn't finish game with some extraordinary builds and raged asf, so I created a guardian. It's boring ofc, but I'll finish game at least haha. Let me tell you something so n00bish.. I even couldn't see Ragnarök just because of this, yet. Also I pull lots of mobs when I get bored and that's another mistake of mine.

Anyway I like sbc on my every toon, and even for normal. It just takes a few runs to get it on minoan labyrinth. I like to have +1 skills. That's why I asked, and I mostly pump masteries and put just 1 pt to the skills. So +1 skills save my ass.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 28 December 2021, 09:13:42 »
wtf it rubberbanded. against lamia beastmen in act 4 epic, it lagged it stopped moving for about 2-3 secs, then when it moved again, I'm already dead. TF? maybe it's because of my weak ass 4gb ram

i still think mage sage is a good viable build. now i don't know what i would do. i don't think I'm interested in EE. I'm weak sigh
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline rakshir

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -5
« Reply #5 on: 29 December 2021, 13:28:13 »
Oh man, lousy way to die. :(

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal