Titan Quest - Anniversary Edition > Modifications

inventory size modding

(1/4) > >>

noobie:
Does anyone here have any experience with inventory size modding?
I am trying to achieve a non-inventory equipping (directly to and from the player's body) for more realism (as a warrior you can only carry what you wear and have in your hands...)

Zardoz:
For a Diablo style hack and slash game, what you want to do here doesn't make any sense. You need to pick loot for trading, and you need inventory space for potions, relics, charms or any other crafting component or recipe. If you want your character to carry only the equipment he wears, then don't pick up anything from the ground... or if you want that much realism, then don't play fantasy games :D

noobie:
Thank you for your input, Zardoz.
I'm sorry if I triggered your irritation.

In my mod there are no longer potions or any magic for that matter.
It may not make sense for a Diablo hack and slash game, as you correctly point out, but then, my mod changes the game into something else entirely ;)
You are also right in assuming that I don't like fantasy games. That's exactly why I am modding TQ!

I respect your taste in games.
I hope you can do the same.

Zardoz:
You don't like fantasy games, so you register an account on a fantasy game forum, to ask people there, how to turn their favorite fantasy game, into a non-fantasy game? Interesting...
Tell me, how are you going to remove the mythology and the creatures from your non-fantasy REALISTIC Titan Quest mod?  >:D

Keep us posted on the progress of your non-fantasy fantastical mythological game, with no potions and no equipment... Are you going to remove the magic too? After all, magic is not very realistic, is it? You can't have spells in a realistic game like yours, do you agree?

PS - And don't worry about me, the only thing you're triggering here, is my laughter.

noobie:
Laughing is healthy - a scientifically proven fact, that - and better than negativity, right?

Indeed, no magic, no spells, nothing of the kind in my mod.

I think TQ was the first game I ever tried modding. I fell in love with the visuals (and the isometric point of view) and bought it... twice! (I discovered that I hated the obligation of having the Steam app constantly running, so I bought it again from GOG). I have now returned to the game to - once again - try to shape it into something that I can enjoy. You see, what triggers my laughter and what I find silly is magic spells and such. Definitively not my cup of tea. But as I said, I totally respect that other people have other opinions and tastes. Live and let live. There's so much unnecessary conflict in this world already... Plus, there are more important things to get worked up about... right?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version