Author Topic: The Xmax Hardcore Challenge  (Read 262768 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline kalimon

• Master of Spirit
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
Re: The Xmax Hardcore Challenge
« Reply #720 on: 24 October 2022, 09:03:40 »
Unlucky Medea  :'(

Y’all are all super hardcore, I remember playing Xmax on my PC when I still had one, wish I could join you but sadly I think if they released it for mobile it would disintegrate my phone lol.

Will hop on board once I sort a new PC. But enjoying watching all of your progress  ^-^
AER/A Mobile Deathless x3:
Bleed caster Warlock / hybrid melee Oracle / caster Conjurer

Not Yet Rated!

Offline stormyboy

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +2
« Reply #721 on: 09 November 2022, 10:20:48 »
Stormyboy - Fyredel - L56 Seer AEARE (untwink/cursed) - Prison of souls

https://imgur.com/cpUxvjO
https://imgur.com/DoCNmWY
https://imgur.com/RmlOh0r
https://imgur.com/flq1Fqf (Hades)
https://imgur.com/PYVfzSR (death count)
Hey! Here i come with another update. Hades down with one more expansion to go. I cannot wait to enter epic and be able to select my second mastery. For now, i am shooting for the achievement (finish the game with a 1matery character)

And, honorable mentions, i am still not using potions. My potion count is the same as it was when i started hades (1 health/0 energy)

@kalimon thanks for your support. I cannot wait to share the leader-board with some fresh blood :D

Not Yet Rated!

Offline TheBonobo4

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #722 on: 31 December 2022, 11:34:56 »
I'm not necessarily entering the challenge, but I started playing TQAE on Steam today. After 2 hours, my character is a Level 6 Warrior (I'm going to go for Mace wielding Conqueror), at the first fountain after Helos. I've rescued the Shepherd and killed the 3 Satyr Shamans. Also used quite a few potions. I'm also aware that Conqueror Hardcore is pretty difficult, compared to a ranged class like Ranger etc, and I've also never actually beaten Hardcore Xmax, ever.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #723 on: 31 December 2022, 11:42:05 »
I'm not necessarily entering the challenge, but I started playing TQAE on Steam today. After 2 hours, my character is a Level 6 Warrior (I'm going to go for Mace wielding Conqueror), at the first fountain after Helos. I've rescued the Shepherd and killed the 3 Satyr Shamans. Also used quite a few potions. I'm also aware that Conqueror Hardcore is pretty difficult, compared to a ranged class like Ranger etc, and I've also never actually beaten Hardcore Xmax, ever.

Good luck TheBonobo4.  Also make sure to turn off cloud saving with this game.  TQ doesn't like it at all.  Use local saves instead.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline TheBonobo4

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #724 on: 31 December 2022, 12:27:42 »

Good luck TheBonobo4.  Also make sure to turn off cloud saving with this game.  TQ doesn't like it at all.  Use local saves instead.
Thank you. :)

I'm not sure exactly how to turn off Cloud Saves in Steam, nor do I know how to use Local Saves, but in any case I used the Save Game button in the menu whilst playing. Though, in original TQIT, that button did nothing from memory. But my game should be saved in any case.

EDIT: I've turned this off. I'm guessing this is what you mean?
« Last Edit: 31 December 2022, 12:31:04 by TheBonobo4 »

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #725 on: 31 December 2022, 12:52:30 »
Yes and also I think there's a cloud saving box in the game's Options menu you need to untick as well. 

Not Yet Rated!

Offline TheBonobo4

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #726 on: 31 December 2022, 17:14:44 »
Yes and also I think there's a cloud saving box in the game's Options menu you need to untick as well.
I can't find anything about that, unless I'm looking in the wrong place.

On the subject of Options though, when pressing Z, X, or Alt to view dropped items, is there a way to make that only apply whilst the Key itself is pressed? right now I'm pressing a key, and items stay visible until I press the key again. I'd rather hold down the key and release to stop viewing item names.

Also, when switching weapons, the character seems to temporarily stop attacking, and does this whether I use Attack or Shift+Attack? Maybe that's normal, but it feels kinda clunky to me?

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #727 on: 31 December 2022, 17:34:58 »
Maybe it switches off/disappears when you turn cloud saving off.  Idk, I haven't used cloud saving for years.

It should only work when the keys are pressed, though I think I've seen reports of it doing the same for other players.  Also you now have a loot filter in the Options menu if you want to use that so you don't have to press any of those keys all the time.

I haven't used weapon swap for a long time so whether that got changed in the later expansions/updates I don't know.

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #728 on: 01 January 2023, 21:19:26 »
The other way to turn cloud saving off if you just want it off for TQ and not any other games is to right click on the game's icon in your Steam library, go down to Properties, over to General and untick the keep saves on Steam Cloud box you'll find there.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline TheBonobo4

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #729 on: 12 January 2023, 14:06:52 »
Achilles (unoriginal name, I know) the Conqueror is currently Level 15 and sitting in Megara. I have around 100k Gold or so, I spent quite a bit buying some slightly better rings and Amulets from the Megara Merchants. I feel I've been pretty lucky with drops, I've got an Epic Club and Epic Shield, and an Outrider's Cuirass with a full enchantment, Atlas' Bracers, and then Yellow Legs, Head, and Jewellery. But I've also got a few extra Epics and Greens in storage.

Speaking of storage, does TQCaravan work? My inventory and the in-game Caravan are okay *for now*, but I might struggle for storage space very soon.

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #730 on: 12 January 2023, 14:23:03 »
Yes, TQVault still works and does so well.  It's been kept up to date and you can even do some editing on items and have it open while playing the game iirc.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline TheBonobo4

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #731 on: 13 January 2023, 04:00:01 »
I'm now up to Level 18, at the first fountain after Polyphemus, next region is Boetia, I've just passed the Halcyon Coast and completed all Side Quests up to this point. Except a few very things happened, unless this is normal for Anniversary Edition?

Firstly, I cleared out the Kerata Forest (I'd already done Old Eleusis earlier today, but then quit out the game and cleared the Forest again later), and then teleported to Megara, sold my loot, teleported back to my portal near the bridge out of the Forest, and noticed on my map a Trader? He was literally called "Trader", no actual name? In any case, he sold both Weapons and Magical equipment, nothing brilliant although I got an Amulet giving an extra point of Strength than my previous one. Definitely worth the investment!

The second weird thing, although probably not actually considered "weird", was that in the Megara Outskirts, instead of getting Maenads like I did first time round, I got Dark Satyrs. Except, I got loads of them. I must have gotten around 6 Heroes in just the fields in the Outskirts, Boar Rider Heroes, Brute Heroes, Shaman Heroes, etc. A few scary moments were had there! Also, teleporting to Megara, then walk (not teleport) back again, only to find more monsters in areas I'd already cleared, though I know this is a feature of Xmax and not a bug as such.

The final thing, and weirdest of all. Did Polyphemus the Cyclops get moved to Epic and/or Legendary only? I was getting prepared to kill him (and I was very scared, he's a tough boss), and... he wasn't there? I could open the Majestic Chest near his cave (there was only one, not 3, is that normal?) and it wasn't boss locked? Also, the Spartan Soldiers that spawn near him were all alive, although there was a dead guy on the ground, but I think he is supposed to be there, even before the soldiers charge in and ultimately get killed. I even checked the cave called "Cyclops Lair", and it was full of demons, but no Cyclops. So yeah, I'm just arriving at Boetia, but haven't killed Polyphemus?

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #732 on: 13 January 2023, 11:32:33 »
Trader would be one of the random encounters added to the game with one of the later patches.  Devs made a whole bunch of different things so could be traders, just a group of soldiers/people, I had a couple of sheep all alone then a dog and later a horse the other day.  Can also be things that can attack you so don't be too complacent. 

Yes, satyrs do spawn in that area outside Megara, I tend to get them more than the maenads.

That's a bug.  Cyclops hasn't been moved far as I know though I guess it may depend on which version of Xmax you're using. 

Not Yet Rated!

Offline TheBonobo4

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #733 on: 13 January 2023, 15:03:59 »
In that case, I'll see if going to Megara and then to Polyphemus' spawn will make him appear next time. This is the version of Xmax that I'm using, it seems to be the proper version so I'm confused as to why I encountered this bug?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=755731339&searchtext=xmax

And yeah, I've had random horses and sheep in the wilderness, or random chests with a broken cart, or people crying, NPC soldiers standing around etc. Pretty cool new feature.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline TheBonobo4

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #734 on: 13 January 2023, 19:40:23 »
So an update. I'm currently Level 18, nearly Level 19, sitting in Ambrossos Village. Polyphemus did spawn in this time, and I went from the fountain near Boetia, passed the Halcyon Coast, and back towards Megara to defeat him. All 3 of them were killed. It was a tough battle, I had to kite each one individually, and their stuns and roar attacks meant I could only fight each in melee, not ranged with Thrown Weapons. However, kiting each one individually, and in melee, his attacks weren't too strong, and thus the fights not too difficult. He doesn't seem to use special abilities as much in melee (like roar or stuns). So yeah, that's the good news.

The bad news is that I died. I was stupid, and ran headfirst in to a group of Centaurs, got Ensnared, Study Prey, and possibly Doom Horn or Battle Standard. I was dead before I even really realised my own stupidity.

I'm frustrated, but I guess it is better to die here, rather than at, (for example), Legendary Hades. Still, I'd clocked almost 17 hours in to this save at the time. I didn't expect to beat Xmax Hardcore. I never have, and melee would always be harder than ranged or mage builds, and I have also zero experience with Atlantis, Ragnarok, or Eternal Embers. Any way, RIP Achilles. :(

I'll still keep playing with him, in Xmax of course, just not Hardcore.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal