Author Topic: Champion thrower - dual wield  (Read 3411 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline hedgehog

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Champion thrower - dual wield
« on: 27 November 2019, 22:06:21 »
Lovely boss killer: combination of Battle standard + Plague + wolves + Nyx+Jade silk is quick death for most bosses (except Typhon).
Actually I was quite surprised how quickly and reliably she killed  Liche king, Hades, Hydra, Fafnir, etc.

Started as accomplished hero with Mongol chakram and shield. Dmg was good up until act 4 epic (my favorite one-hand style onslaught). Then I had to use BS or plague for tougher mobs. At level 57 I switched to dual wield  Jagged silk+Mongol chakram. At level 60 I switched to Nyx/Jagged silk, both upgraded. Nyx  got ADCTH and Silk +37% phys dmg.

59% CDR  from Talisman of Jade emperor and Tracker hood. BS recharge time is  24,6 sec but I use Refresh after casting BS  so actually it is  around 10 sec. Refresh is intentionally left at 1 point only so that its recharge is as short as possible.

While the wolves are  there mostly for Strength of the pack and mob distraction, they have good dmg with BS.

The 3 deaths are Typhon, mob in Asgard and  archers in the steel ingot room (my bane) - all my careless mistakes. Still, despite the heavy armor, good DA and BS I had more close-to-death situations than with Rita who has 60% avoid.

I alternated simple Onslaught for trash mobs in distance,
War horn + Onslaught for "on-your-face" trash mobs,
BS + War horn for serious threats like  trolls (low bleeding resist) and hard hitting mobs in act 4 and 5 legendary.
Giants were dispatched with Plague when alone and with BS+plague when in groups.
Bosses: Briar ward, BS, Plague,  Ancesteral horn, wolves and Onslaught

character screen without buffs/debuffs:

Warfare mastery. I suppose that only Dual wield is working for  throwing weapons?
Weapon training is there to get 141% attack speed which was lowered by Toutatis -10 total speed penalty.
Ardor is there only for movement speed.
Ancestral horn is to overwhelm bosses with another pets :)
Warn horn was lifesaver in melee crowd, works for almost every ordinary monster except giants.

Nature mastery
Nymph was point sink at the end, maybe more points in wolves dmg would be better.

Gear:
59% CDR, big armor, -20%  resist from Nyx helped with ordinary mobs.
Originally I wanted 2 Nyx but with the Tracker hood providing pierce damage I decided to go for pierce from Jagged silk.

I am still not sure how the dmg and debuffs are calculated. Is debuff from Nyx added to plague and BS debuffs?
Would 2 Nyx be better then?
« Last Edit: 27 November 2019, 22:20:41 by hedgehog »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
Re: Champion thrower - dual wield
« Reply #1 on: 28 November 2019, 06:22:33 »
- Debuff effect of Touch of Nyx stacked with debuff effect of skill (except After Shock/Seal of Fate)  Your characters that already has good debuff for physical res from Plague/Subsceptibility and Battle Standard/Triumph, Touch of Nyx's debuff effect not too impressive to increase your physical dmg on target after using both those skills. It can help you improve pierce dmg on target better than improve physical dmg.
 However, your character's Champion that favor physical dmg, not the piercing dmg, you can increase your dmg by focus on physical dmg, change some gears,...
« Last Edit: 28 November 2019, 06:46:34 by icefreeze »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline hedgehog

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Champion thrower - dual wield
« Reply #2 on: 28 November 2019, 15:58:33 »
Omg, I am so stupid :(
I did not realize that the big debuffs affect only phys dmg. I looked at char screen only and there, dex and str added almost the same amount of dmg.
I still think the Jagged silk is okay because of Volley but the dex investment was too much. 

Thanks for your advice :)
And this is why I put it here: to get some tips and pointers :)

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal