Author Topic: Alpha tester bug reports  (Read 134003 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Alpha tester bug reports
« Reply #255 on: 03 January 2019, 23:55:34 »
Maybe your MeshView version is corrupted. If it can help, try the ones from this folder:
The 2 fixed ones are edited by Koderkrazy and can see some items that doesnt show normally.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
« Reply #256 on: 04 January 2019, 00:24:12 »
Thanks! I've never seen a loaded texture in MeshView before lol :D

I decided to redo all the archers anyway.

It took some time, but I deleted the weapons and shields from the texture/glow texture for the ancestral warriors. Then duplicated all 5 meshes and added the new textures and a bow.

It'll be in the next update.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #257 on: 04 January 2019, 01:03:46 »
glad you found a way to fix it :)

i think i dont have much to share except:

-fire bettles, normal ones, found around ashlands seens to drop champion hearts

-Traps spawns in double in Surtr fortress

-Nidhoggr - Tormentor of the Dead ,summons dies right away

Also in bitfrost bridge, theres a spot that makes your chars gets stuck/dissapear, to avoid it you need to walk in the borders
« Last Edit: 04 January 2019, 01:06:37 by sauruz »
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #258 on: 04 January 2019, 02:20:32 »

-fire bettles, normal ones, found around ashlands seens to drop champion hearts
Fixed

-Traps spawns in double in Surtr fortress
Yeah, I was going to change the spawn rate but instead I just changed the Proxy Config/placementExtents so that they spawn 5m apart heh heh. :)

-Nidhoggr - Tormentor of the Dead ,summons dies right away
I must have met up with this boss because I beat normal a long time ago, but I don't remember him.

So I looked into the files and see, the zombies are MEANT to die right away. They have an ondeath explosion skill that is supposed to hurt the player.

But the particle effect for the explosion is just the act 2 normal fire staff impact effect, it's no surprise you didn't notice it in game.

So I changed the skill template for their ondeath explosion so I could increase the radius per difficulty and added a better explosion effect and sound.

The original had a 2.7m radius explosion. So I set it to 4m, 5m and 6m in normal epic and legendary. I also increased the damage and gave the zombies themselves a fire glowing mesh.

I also increased the number of zombies that spawn and increased their lifespan from 10 seconds to 20 seconds.

I think now you will say "OH CRAP!" when he summons them instead of "Oh look, some zombies."

Also in bitfrost bridge, theres a spot that makes your chars gets stuck/dissapear, to avoid it you need to walk in the borders

I can't fix this, it's a vanilla ragnarok mesh issue. I don't even have the files for that in my database.
« Last Edit: 04 January 2019, 02:23:14 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #259 on: 04 January 2019, 03:53:44 »
Oh man, you know it took me over 30 minutes to find Nidhoggr in the map. I didn't know!

I wanted to see the area he spawns in to get a feel for the flavor. He has three kinds of elemental attacks but the Zombies were named "Frost Zombies"?

Anyway, I renamed the zombies and added poison skeletons that have a poison radius attack on death and ghosts that cast a lightning bolt on death. I created an invisible monster that spawns a proxy that points to a pool that contains these three monsters and that is what he summons.

So his summon will include all three monsters.

I fixed the spawn at the door to the Dvergr halls so it spawns two different giant skeleton bosses instead of one which is what I wanted, it was actually a bug lol

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #260 on: 04 January 2019, 16:07:23 »
something seens fishy with cyclops troglodyte boss in cyclops lair, about his basic attacks, it seen dont do almost any dmg, i can stand in front of him at lv 14 and not being insta killed

Also didnt he had a throwing rock ability ? and the cyclops troglodyte maneater as well?

edited : i found this,

« Last Edit: 04 January 2019, 18:28:51 by sauruz »
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #261 on: 04 January 2019, 19:58:12 »
I had to play around with the Cyclops boss, but I fixed him. THe controller was the same one that Polyphemus used, but that one is tailored for the close quarters of the area before the cave with limited sight distance so I gave the boss a different controller. And buffed him up some more.

I'll fix the greaves.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #262 on: 04 January 2019, 21:50:42 »
glad to know ! :)

I defeated the gorgons , the music still playing, the door is unlocked, but i could open the chests, the quest ddint updated as well.

is some invisible monster around the area ?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #263 on: 04 January 2019, 22:27:59 »
Drop this new Quests.arc in your Documents/games/titanquest - immortal throne/custommaps/legionofchampragnarok_v1/resources driectory and overwrite the one that is already there.

https://mega.nz/#!YlRiCKTQ!7RXoQ97_oyI3ngyC6NM3b8A5OPP4ZzMJTVXHaH7DaDw

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #264 on: 05 January 2019, 00:19:45 »
Drop this new Quests.arc in your Documents/games/titanquest - immortal throne/custommaps/legionofchampragnarok_v1/resources driectory and overwrite the one that is already there.

https://mega.nz/#!YlRiCKTQ!7RXoQ97_oyI3ngyC6NM3b8A5OPP4ZzMJTVXHaH7DaDw

i downloaded and replaced the quest.file.

Killed the gorgons twice, the door still is closed, maybe the character is corrupted (?), and only works on new ones ?

edited: i tried with my spellbreaker who get in act 5 recently, killed the gorgons and the door still closed, something tells me is some kind of problem around the gorgons bosses
« Last Edit: 05 January 2019, 00:29:44 by sauruz »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #265 on: 05 January 2019, 01:39:54 »
Yeah, so I don't know why it's doing that. All I did was change "Kill all creatures from medusa proxy" to "Kill medusa 1" and then everything broke. I never changed the code to open the doors and it really really should work.

So I removed the quest file completely and removed any reference to that quest from other quest files and everything I had added about the gorgons from the quests and database too. I'm uploading it to dropbox as I write this.

Now the Charon oar quest won't work though since you can't get the "Normal Difficulty" token.

I guess further updates won't be possible unless I figure out a way to determine which difficulty the player is in that doesn't break the game or remove charon's oar equippable quest item.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #266 on: 05 January 2019, 02:34:36 »
Ha! I did it! I figured out a way to determine which difficulty your in at the very beginning of the game!

I added a proxy to Helos. The proxy has three proxy pools, one for each difficulty. Each pool has one of three identical female non-speaking NPCs, the only difference being their file name in the database.

I created a new quest file from scratch and added it to the game map.

On game level load, the quest tells NPC1 to play an animation, when the animation is complete give the Normal Difficulty token and complete the quest

On game level load, the quest tells NPC2 to play an animation, when the animation is complete give the Epic Difficulty token and complete the quest

On game level load, the quest tells NPC4 to play an animation, when the animation is complete give the Legendary Difficulty token and complete the quest

See, if the quest can't FIND NPC2 or NPC3, it just fails silently and moves along.

I tested it by updating the dialog of each NPC to some radically different NPC dialog like Leonidas and the Athens Philosopher for each difficulty. Worked flawlessly.

So I removed all the test stuff, compiled and uploaded to dropbox.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #267 on: 05 January 2019, 14:25:38 »
Ha! I did it! I figured out a way to determine which difficulty your in at the very beginning of the game!

You are the real hero ! big BRAVO to you :)

i could continue into the game, i notice when i enter knossos palace and phoencian swamps for the 1st time, the intro music of the area didnt played

Also when you face the liche boss ( magoi of athens ) in the catacombs before athens, the door that leads the boss arena dont close, it stands open, that means yo can run safely

Boarman mi helm have no pet bonus description

Cave itchian~murklord have bad animation file ( T pose)

shieldmaiden still cant  past lv 20

edited for small typo
« Last Edit: 05 January 2019, 15:23:32 by sauruz »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #268 on: 05 January 2019, 19:10:08 »
Can't speak  to the music, I didn't edit anything to change it I am aware of. I would need a crystal ball or a dowsing rod to determine the cause.

Liche Boss is pretty tough and like the Hydra, you can just run away.

Fixed other stuff.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #269 on: 05 January 2019, 20:59:27 »
Can't speak  to the music, I didn't edit anything to change it I am aware of. I would need a crystal ball or a dowsing rod to determine the cause.

I dont mind it, i just mentioned because it can be a fator in the future.  Ahh a crystal ball would be perfect mhm :P

Liche Boss is pretty tough and like the Hydra, you can just run away.

i could tell you the door closed in the past, nevermind then, its unique concept :)

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal