Author Topic: Hydra Lag  (Read 2232 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline rakshir

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -5
Hydra Lag
« on: 29 June 2021, 02:57:31 »
Greetings, fellow Titan Questers! One of the few characters I've stuck with 'til Legendary made it to the hydra and is having an absolute nightmare. I'm playing a pure Pyromancer in a mod I'm working on. The character is extremely squishy and lacks the resists to deal with the hydra's damage. So I've had to try not to get hit. I don't mind a challenge, but after I've been fighting her a while (and dying repeatedly), the game always starts to permanently lag to an absolutely unplayable state. Then I die again and have to exit the game. It's a pretty demoralizing situation. Apparently others have had the same problem and some have said that it's one of her breath attacks that's the culprit. Can anyone confirm or does anyone know which one it is? Anyone ever fix the problem in a mod? If I knew the cause, I could try to address it. Thanks in advance!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Hydra Lag
« Reply #1 on: 29 June 2021, 09:44:12 »
Correct me if im wrong, i havent tried and havent see anyone speaking about the final results of this theory.

Hydra fight DOES causes fps drops if you are in medium long range when she cast one of her breaths, probaably when you see hydra fights the characters always go in melle range and the problem dont trigger.

What i notice is all hydra breaths have a different template than all other monster breaths. Hydra breaths are tagged as Templates\Skill_AttackProjectileBurst.tpl and not \templates\Skill_AttackWave.tpl. causing the breath coming abrove the ground instead of in the front of hydra or coming from its mouth. I dont know which one is, but i suggest change every single breath into wave template and make sure the effect is correctly placed. Probably you will need to re edit the breath animation with a tex data programa like notepad+++

I suggest to take a look 1st on a normal breath like yeti and try to do same with Hydra.
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline rakshir

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -5
Re: Hydra Lag
« Reply #2 on: 29 June 2021, 12:33:41 »
Thanks Sauruz! I'm not sure now to re-edit the breath animation but you've given me a great place to start. Shouldn't be too hard to switch to waves. My character couldn't handle the bite attack in melee so ranged it's been lol.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal