Author Topic: Version 2 Development LOC  (Read 229824 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Version 2 Development
« Reply #90 on: 10 January 2018, 20:55:08 »
That dungeon looks really cool ! A nice touch into the act

Whats the problem ?
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
« Reply #91 on: 10 January 2018, 23:53:49 »
Oh, no problem. Just been going at this one map for 4 days, 16 hours a day...it just that it exhaust me in a weird way. I mean, here is something I always wanted to do and I'm really passionate about it but my human frailties assert themselves and I actually get TIRED. Can you believe that?!

Anyway, when I get exhausted I become a little sad but it passes. Also, watching the vid helps me see things I miss when I am in the editor.

So I did some MI sets today and imported the Spetral Sword monsters for bonepiles. Something to let my focus relax.

No worries.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: 11 January 2018, 00:08:30 »
Oh, no problem. Just been going at this one map for 4 days, 16 hours a day...it just that it exhaust me in a weird way. I mean, here is something I always wanted to do and I'm really passionate about it but my human frailties assert themselves and I actually get TIRED. Can you believe that?!

Anyway, when I get exhausted I become a little sad but it passes. Also, watching the vid helps me see things I miss when I am in the editor.

So I did some MI sets today and imported the Spetral Sword monsters for bonepiles. Something to let my focus relax.

No worries.

Ah ! i understand now, it happends when we do the things we like, it consume alot of time and we dont realise.

i tought it was something like the design and stuff.

It looks very cool , maybe in the future it can have some monster heroes protecting the place .

I wish see more dangerous dungeons around the world, would make the game even more great :)
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Formerly 'Nefer' of the tq.net forums.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: 11 January 2018, 08:01:07 »

Woah man that dungeon is looking awesome! love all the detail with sand everywhere and the room layouts  :D

Those gilded dead are awesome too, the ones with the silver revenant armor (btw how do you do that, re-texture is it?) and the walk animations.  So kool.

I know what you mean with the modding lethargy/discouraged.. sometimes ill leave my mod for awhile due this, then tentatively go back in and alter or add something and then thats all it takes - fire rekindled! haha So a mental break etc is good aye  ;)
~  Anything new for TQ? Experience what Unearthed Studios NZ has been up to with the release of Eternal Embers! - Website: https://www.unearthedstudiosnz.com/ ~

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: 11 January 2018, 15:25:51 »
How to retexture  a helmet?

nargil66 is probably more knowledgable that I am, but here's the beginner's primer.

First, decide what you want to change the color of. Like the mi_n_goldenskeleton.dbr in items/equipmenthelm directory of the database.

Open the file and click on the ActorVariables tab. There is an entry for "baseTexture". That's what you need. If it isn't there, you can usually guess as the devs had an okay organizational structure. Or you can look at the texture listed in the mesh file using tamschi's MeshView.

You then need to access the .tex file. They can be found by extracting the files from the game's install directory resources/items.arc (or XPack or XPack2) archive using arc explorer tool. I have a bunch of folders in My Documents/My Games/TQ IT directory that just store extracted meshes and textures.

Find the extracted .tex file and open it using TextureViewer (protip, use windows explorer to assign TextureViewer to the .tex file extension so you just have to click the .tex files to open them). Click on file/export and choose a location to save the extracted file. I always use the "targa" extension when I save the export as it can be opened with Paint.net. I don't use Photoshop.

Open the file with whatever image software you use and go nuts. I used to do cgi in college so UV mapping is not intimidating to me, but textures look really weird as they are arranged to map to a mesh not to look good in photoshop.

Then just change the hue or contrast or whatever and save.

Go into your ArtManager and select your mod.

Go to the sources tab and make a directory to store your game's custom textures. Keep it organized FFS. :D It can grow pretty big later and it can get hard to find anything then if you don't keep it organized now.

In your new directory right click the right hand pane and in the context menu that pops up select "import".

Navigate to the .tga file you just made and select it.

(protip: when creating the image in paint.net or photoshop, just save it to your mod's source directory directly and skip the import step)

Once it is imported, right-click the file and click the bottom option "Auto Create Asset". Creating assets is really time consuming to do manually, this is a life saver.

EDIT: Forgot to add: When making the auto asset the artmanager prompts  you to choose "texture" or "bitmap". Textures are mapped to meshes and bitmaps are for buttons or inventory items. If you make the image for the helmet from the UIBitmaps directory, you would select "bitmap" at this step. Otherwise select "texture".

After selecting "texture", choose "DXT 5 Interpolated Alpha" from the dropdown list near the top of the next pop-up as that is a catch-all type and has always worked for me. (If you want to know which type of DTX compression is used for a specific texture, go back to the original .tex file and open it with TextureViewer and select properties).

Build your mod. Textures take a little more time to build into a mod than database files so don't freak out if it hangs on them a bit.

Once the mod is built, go back to the database file for the helm or whatever.

Click on the ActorVariables/BaseTexture entry and navigate to the mod directory you imported/saved the image into and select it.

Build the mod.

You're done, enjoy the new helmet's color in-game.

I don't touch bump maps, so don't ask.

As far as animations, you have to extract all the meshes and animations to (I think) the My Games/TQIT/Working/Source directory for the Viewer.exe to see them. I forget where they need to be sorry.

One thing all modders do is open up the Viewerr.exe and select a mesh to view. Then just select and animation and hit play. Then select animations for other meshes randomly and enjoy the hilarity. Jackalman with Limos Icesprite run is pretty hilarious :D

So I found that the Automaton walk animations actually worked (by trial and error and laughing) for the Skeleton mesh and used those to get the look I wanted in game then added them to the animation slots in a copy of creatures/monters/skeleton/anm/anm_skeleton01.dbr file for single-handed and dual-wield run animation slots.

Pro tip: If a creature doesn't have a CharAnimationTable.tpl based animation file to add to the Animation Sets/charAnimationTable slot in the creature file, create an "anm" directory in their creature directory and copy and paste any of the creature files there.

Open the file and select file/set template and navigate to CharAnimationTable.tpl and hit okay. You now have an animation table that once you build can be added to the Animation Sets/charAnimationTable slot in the creature file.

I like this method better than selecting all the monsters to edit and keeping track later. For example, adding dual wield to a creature that has no dual wield in vanilla. Once I have the animation table, I add it to ALL the creatures in that directory and then if I add an animation later, it is applied to all from the charanimationtable file and I don't have to even open the monster files.
« Last Edit: 11 January 2018, 20:19:31 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: 11 January 2018, 20:08:48 »
Okay, now I see it nargil66!! Thanks for the New Years gift LOL :D

The Doh'ist Emporer! lol

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: 11 January 2018, 21:37:43 »

The Doh'ist Emporer! lol

It could be a nice boss ;P

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: 13 January 2018, 02:56:45 »
Hoo boy had a close call.

I added obsidan rocks and volcanoes to the summit of the Mt. Qu Yu  for the Yai Guai boss, also re-added the disabled "Demon Charge" skill to chastise ranged players, but anyway...the Jade Palace pathing messed up.

Spent the last day or so paying with the "smooth" tool and pulling my hair out. The player would reach the end of the suspension bridge and then: blocked. Just like that.

The whole outside of the Jade Palace is one big mesh so it wasn't obvious what the issue was as the block occurred while on the mesh since the bridge is part of it.

So after trying everything and almost giving up, I deleted the Jade Palace exterior and then re-added it. Hooked up the door to the interior, built and saved and viola! It worked! Now let us never open that map section ever, ever, ever again.

The relief I felt today when my test player entered the Jade Palace is much greater than the devs intended for the original game playthrough, I'm sure. :D

Since creating a system to add a random player skill as a suffix, I decided today to go through and edit them so that there are tables for tier 1- 3 skills for normal difficulty. I figure by act 4 you can use the later tier skills so it's just for acts 1-3 normal. It's tedious but I'm making headway.

Imported the Tigerman Brute and Shadow Sorcerer today.

Just want to say that I'm really happy that I've made Shadowstalkers something to fear. Most monsters in vanilla are just HP sponges, so it's scary to encounter a monster that really drains your mana.

You really ought to be scared, too. If it was cute, you would just get grumpy and demand I remove the manaburn, but they're pretty scary and you should be scared sometimes. :)

Recreated the Jiangshi zombies for the orient. I went to a translator site and got the phonetic spelling for the words for Captain, Soldier and Archer. It's neat to see.

If you look at the Wikipedia entry for Jiangshi you see they are "hopping". I used neanderthal animations before, but this time I used a slowed down version of the Ice Sprite waddling run. It should be fun.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: 13 January 2018, 10:12:26 »
You know what i was thinking a while ago, making a wraithfull ghost, after you killed a jiangshi our other zombie type monster, a ghost spawn trying to corrupt/ kill you.

from the wiki "When a person's soul fails to leave the deceased's body, due to improper death, suicide, or just wanting to cause trouble"

Would be neat.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Formerly 'Nefer' of the tq.net forums.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: 13 January 2018, 10:48:59 »

:O :D

Thank you for the comprehensive beginner primer Bumble!! Once I get the hang of this I'll be away making all manner of custom looking shiny stuff hehe
~  Anything new for TQ? Experience what Unearthed Studios NZ has been up to with the release of Eternal Embers! - Website: https://www.unearthedstudiosnz.com/ ~

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: 14 January 2018, 04:09:04 »
The little cave that is hidden away after the rebirth fountain that is after the Jade Palace cave exit. You know the one.

I made it into a climbing spiral ascent frull of Marids and Yerren to a snowy exterior where a bear riding Yerren miniboss dwells.

Trying to make the bear a Panda for fun, but It's hard to read the UV mapping when it's a pretty much all-white skin texture. :(

EDIT: Oh yeah, I made the Jiangshi Captains spawn a ghost when they die, I used the same spawn animations that the Mummy skeletons use.
« Last Edit: 14 January 2018, 04:19:00 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: 14 January 2018, 13:35:32 »
Fantastic !

Was checking world map, and i think this place would be great for a new dungeon ( act 3, chumbi valley)

there could be a frozen crypt inside of one of those small ice caves

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: 14 January 2018, 16:22:09 »
Yeah. I was looking for a place for the Winter Wolf boss. I was going to repurpose the ice sprite guy quest cave, but this is a pretty good idea.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: 15 January 2018, 18:53:07 »
I decided to save the Winter Wolf miniboss for Act 5, so I made a HUGE ice sprite for the miniboss in a new cave by the merchant sauruz circled in that screen shot.

Added bleeding petbonus to rings and ammys. So the list of pet bonus damage for rings and ammys is:

• elemental
  • physical
  • vitality
  • fire
  • cold/frostburn
  • lightning
  • lightning burn
  • poison
  • pierce
  • bleeding

Added a dumbed down version of the spell Elemental Chaos from the artifact Elemental Rage to Chimera, also the frost trap skill as well. Truly elemental boss.

I made an "executive decision", as in I don't care whether it's a good or bad idea, to remove Lay Trap ~ Rapid Construction and simply reduce the cooldown time by level to Lay Trap.

Also restored the lower damage to the Traps from the original version and gave them a passive nerf of -50% to every damage type but pierce.

Added a new skill to Rogue: Throwing Blade Mastery.

Passive ability that grants additional attack speed, projectile speed and physical damage while wielding throwing blades. Also lowers the dex requirement, but only while you have one equipped. That's kind of tricky, but you can swap out a throwing knife that you don't have the dex for in the slot of the equipped one. Just don't hit "W" to swap weapons...

I left the skill "Throwing Knife" and "Flurry of Blades" alone except for increasing the max level to +10 like all skills. I couldn't think of a way to control the ranged one handed weapon to have a burst that the player activates. Only the Volley template can add a projectile burst and that's a chance to activate not an active skill. "Skill_AttackWeapon" can have a modifier to increase the number of projectiles and spread, but then you get the multi shot every time and I wanted a skill that has a cooldown.

I could change "Throwing Knife" to require a ranged one handed to use, but then sword and ax and spear users wouldn't have the ranged capability so I think I will just leave it as is.

Taiji Dao, the dual wield Rogue ability, now qualifies ranged one handed weapons as well as swords and axes.

So at level one, you can put 1 in each and dual wield throwing knives with boosted damage right away.

Blade Honing now qualifies axes and ranged one handed to the list of qualifying weapons.

Sorry nargil66 :(, I didn't import Hired Goons for this version. Instead I went with Black Widows. They don't generate anger as much so they are pretty sneaky. They start with Sneak Attack. They have one pet modifier and that is the poison debuff aura that lowers poison resistance.

Poison Gas Bomb has a tier 7 modifier that grants huge buffs to damage and reduces cooldown time. It's completely possible to specialize in Poison Gas Bomb later in the game and just range all the mobs if you want to sink the points in.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: 15 January 2018, 19:45:11 »
Black windows will replace Goons for main pets ? they will be spiders our kind of arachnos ? Our will be a Ninja samurai :P?

Glad is everything working as planed for now !

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal