Author Topic: Circle of Power, viable?  (Read 9414 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Laionidas

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Circle of Power, viable?
« on: 21 December 2017, 11:46:16 »
So, I've picked up my melee Diviner again, and have been playing for a while now with 1 point in Circle of Power.

It seems a bit like a one point wonder, yet I can't help but feel that the effigy's low HP (200) renders it all but useless in practice. It doesn't seem to be getting much more HP, even if I would invest points in it.

I was wondering what others' experience were with this skill on a melee toon.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: Circle of Power, viable?
« Reply #1 on: 21 December 2017, 12:40:25 »
Never really tried it since the reports I read over on TQ.net said it wasn't worth bothering with. 

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #2 on: 21 December 2017, 12:55:41 »
this one:

https://www.reddit.com/r/TitanQuestAE/comments/72ydyj/summoning_build/

and

https://www.kirmiziperfect.com/physical-damage-ternion/

long story short: it's good when paired with long cooldown stationary skills like battle standard and briar ward

edit: i imagine also guardian stones from rune

edit 2: hmm that seems cool, a ternion with runeword explode able to cast guardian stones a bit more often
« Last Edit: 21 December 2017, 13:06:55 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Vio

• aka Violos
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 12 January 2018, 19:24:53 »
Nice strategy.
The bonuses to Vitality and Bleeding damages also make it good with Life Drain and bleed builds like Hunters, of course.

It's bascially like a Battle Standard for int or dex builds - requiring you to hold your ground, but also giving you the power to do so.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Hector

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 02 July 2018, 08:02:26 »
https://steamcommunity.com/app/475150/discussions/0/133261907138543306/

I'm afraid I have to say that certain specific situations can't make up for its uselessness in its current state..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 02 July 2018, 11:27:29 »
but that's where the problem is, dude..
once you deem a skill useless, you will never ever try it on anything or with anything.. and you might miss out on something.. that link you provided, i read it before and that's what i thought too before i started thinking out of the box.. but then i realized it's just a case of someone saying something, then another one agrees.. then it becomes a case of common misconception

when you say one thing, and you really absolutely believe it.. and you preach it and you make other people believe you.. then someone you don't know comes in and proves you wrong, that might feel like a punch to the gut

now i just say anything's possible  ;)

anything's possible.. even a chocolate banana

edit: you can even make dried squid taste very well with peanut butter
« Last Edit: 02 July 2018, 11:42:15 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Laionidas

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 02 July 2018, 12:24:50 »
anything's possible.. even a chocolate banana

You've definitely been reading too much Denki-gai now!

edit: you can even make dried squid taste very well with peanut butter

What's wrong with dried squid in the first place? Also, I thought that if you wanted to make it tatse nicer you should have rice moonshine with it, not peanut butter,..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 02 July 2018, 13:44:14 »
What's wrong with dried squid in the first place? Also, I thought that if you wanted to make it tatse nicer you should have rice moonshine with it, not peanut butter,..
and to quote what i said earlier
when you say one thing, and you really absolutely believe it.. and you preach it and you make other people believe you.. then someone you don't know comes in and proves you wrong, that might feel like a punch to the gut
I'll tell you a story.. something they don't teach you at the temples.. you see i didn't just make it up.. it happened in real life

once upon a time, there was a young chef.. and a good one at that.. but he tried dried squid with peanut butter and it didn't taste good.. so he thought dried squid should never be used with peanut butter
Spoiler for Hiden:

so he let other people taste it and this is what happened
Spoiler for Hiden:

he preached it and other people believed him
Spoiler for Hiden:

then someone tried the combination and made it good
Spoiler for Hiden:

it might have felt like a punch to the gut
Spoiler for Hiden:
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Hector

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 02 July 2018, 19:22:45 »
Man, you really cracked me up here ;D

Yeah I get what you're saying about the whole "thinking outside the box" stuff.. you made me actually wish to set aside the game for a moment and talk about real life and "sheep" type people.. but this is not the right place to discuss it so...

I'll only say this; no, for any issue, I delve into it and experience it before seeking other's perspectives.. I read that topic only after trying the skill itself (not just briefly of course) and came to that decision..

There is another side to that coin BTW.. people in higher positions, makers of the game in this case, in a sense hope for people to think like you do.. they are lazy and only care for profit rather than 50% profit + 50% compassion, which was the case in the past.. I mean, if any of you played games such as Legacy of Kain series for instance, you would definitely know the decline in compassion for content throughout the years..

Your reasonings may be valuable, but you are in the minority man.. most of the sheep blindly praise & defend any content (be it movies, music, videogames or any other form of art) devs throw in their way in a similar sense and the result is........ I think we all know what the results are.. lazy vultures will keep producing soulless content and most of the consumers will happily justify any inadequacies these products may contain.. this is the sole reason they will keep producing s*** content.. and it will probably get even worse as the the time goes on.. thanks to the herd...

Throwing the battle standart and this skill together.. I mean, do you seriously want to believe this should be the only way (or one of the similar rare ways) to utilize this skill?.. is it your job to put effort and achieve sense in a senseless situation, or theirs?.. 
« Last Edit: 02 July 2018, 19:38:35 by Hector »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 02 July 2018, 22:24:18 »
at least i made you laugh.. it's a shame i couldn't tell you the story of chocolate banana
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal