Author Topic: [MOD] Enhanced Gameplay 2 (EE)  (Read 344479 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
Re: [MOD] Enhanced Gameplay for TQ: Ragnarok/Atlantis
« Reply #495 on: 04 February 2021, 00:50:00 »
its original and its not one of another loot-plus versions that is half of steam workshop mods.
lmao  ;D  truth lol

Not Yet Rated!

Offline lixiss

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #496 on: 04 February 2021, 00:58:33 »
I'm gonna jump the gun and speak for the author here, but this is really not a warranted sentiment, which I unfortunately seen before. Frankly modding in TQ is taxing enough (or oftentimes straight up frustrating) for him to have to defend it in his own thread. More than anything it's art, and it's not up to you to decide its purpose.

I guess English isn't your native language but certainly you could find less rude ways to express your thoughts... Or better yet just move on if you're not interested.

I'm generally mean, what i'm doesn't have see big sense in mod / doesn't use it personally, may be because use others, may be not, not sure. This doesn't mean what this mod is useless and I'm respect to author's authority and contribution at all, and as i'm know his contribution comes out over this mod bounds. You are right, i'm not very correctly express self: i'm want to say, what i'm to say what i'm not familiar with this part AND want to know if peoples really want to transmorgify self to other creatures ONLY visually?

Why i'm say about birds? Because any char get critted by them at least once early. Why? Because original stats design is VERY stupid. If you did not examine game files - you never notice it. I'm WANT to play with character who have 150+ DEX at level 1-3 (like any bird in game). Surely, i'm doesn't want to play with bird, i'm just indirectly point what true transmorgify also requires change in playergamebalanceattributes as well. Playing, as satyr for example, under normal conditions should give you at least +10% to all speed. Why they so slow at begining? Say thanks to monstergamebalanceattributes which also has no sense in any of his value for ANY difficulty.

Enough or you have any other question?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline lixiss

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #497 on: 04 February 2021, 01:51:56 »
I guess English isn't your native language but certainly you could find less rude ways to express your thoughts... Or better yet just move on if you're not interested.
And eventually... learn you powers. You admin? Please follow this role. I'm take my excuses in my first message.

This community already small and almost anyone including mine have legendary self-meaning rendering everyone everyone is real snob (snoot). You just put big approval on this. I'm already on exit out, but delay here... just in case. But, 5 years over I see exactly same things. No. I'm already abandoned mine TQ-related project (by engine limitations, not socials). But society here is still horrible. For first, forum sometimes prevent normal users act normally, second, is what I'm doesn't ask YOU personally at all nothing. Do you add something valuable? I guess no. Do you want warn me? You can PM. You catch my 3 words, I agree, may be not very ideal words, but we all live in real world. I'm in my message take care about this part exceptionally in PS. You ignored this part.

Surely my English not ideal, my English is *bad*, but I wrote all stuff without dictionary and from head, like a dog, and i'm never learn it specifically. Huh. This stupid language is just part of Modern world. Nothing more. Good luck on earth orbit without Russian, I guess nowadays it is still requirement? :) So... yep. Thanks for understanding AGAIN.

So, instead of answer on my question we got stupid discussion... Sorry. I'm will not continue it under any conditions. Good luck. I'm did not get answer, so...

PS: There is just humanity question. I'm doesn't doed anything wrong what required attention from administrative side, and from other side - if you want "protect' - then you should take care on whole message, not on first four words.

Sorry. But I'm personally can't put up with this. There is kind of insult from administrative side without any reason. I'm doesn't have any complaints actually, but your action by normal means is not acceptable *in my personal taste only* because you not usual user.

You generally do whatever what you want, but I'm still doesn't see rules under I'm can't wrote under any topic "I dislike it". And to be specific, i'm wrote way more different thing. So, turn down. I learned what great snob is protect this topic, and nothing can break this fact. Lol. :)))

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Humility

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #498 on: 04 February 2021, 02:14:26 »
10/5 stars. 110%. Beyond the highest rating. I love this mod. I've always been for old games such as Dungeon Siege LOA, Sacred Underworld, EverQuest and so on. The only newer game I play that plays like Titan Quest is Grim Dawn. Titan Quest, I fell in love with since the first time I played it years ago. It plays in an era that isn't often seen in games, which is honestly my favorite era. There are a lot of mods for it, but none of them as decent as this. This is a mod that doesn't disappoint me. It just gets better with each update (which is the point, of course.) I really appreciate you, Nargil, for putting your time into these masterpiece mods and sharing them. Things that I wished was in the game before are now there because of it.

Not Yet Rated!

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #499 on: 04 February 2021, 03:44:20 »
Wow. I missed all the buzz... :D This has become a hot topic suddenly.
I'm not a fan of this mod. Sorry. Can I'm play as bird and have 150 DEX from start and crit anyone all the way? TQ for some unknown reason so stupid... I'm also thinked to play "as monster", but player should get base stats like monster too (satyrs btw has pretty good), is easy to do, but... At same time... Well.

What is point of this? Just to be look different? Sorry, I'm not offensive here, just interesting in general and what peoples like. I'm seen for example in SV-AERA whole location with lot of dyes... ugh. But, dyes do nothing. NOTHING. They do nothing to style and do nothing to RP and do nothing at all. They are good only for choosing other color of clothing if you does'nt like starting color. Eventually and 99% you doesn't see own dye anyway. So, why TOO bother about this? Again, is not offensive! Just want to understand why?
I respect your opinion, and to some degree you have a point. All 4 features are not really necessary in a hack and slash game like TQ, they are mostly giving flavor. I've always liked games that have a lot of character customization (like for example, even original Mount & Blade had sliders to adjust facial features). Is it necessary in a game? No. But is it enjoyable by many people? Definitely yes. Its a game inside of a game, you see what i mean?
This is my way of modding, some people enjoy changing game balance, drop rates, but i was never good at that and never enjoyed it.
What i enjoy is the visual stuff, trying to make the game look better. Simple as that. I hope this is good enough explanation.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #500 on: 04 February 2021, 06:51:50 »
Modders make what they want to make with the game; whether other people enjoy their work or not is personal taste.  Playing as another creature type doesn't appeal to me personally, but it does to a lot of other people.  It's not like you're required to play like that in this mod, it's just an option if you do want to. The same with the other features he's added.  A lot of people want to customise their characters more than the vanilla game allows or want to shapeshift temporarily.  It's personal choice; if you don't like it that's fine, no one's going to insist you play a mod you don't like. 

And no, Endymion isn't admin, he's just another person who enjoys modding the game.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #501 on: 04 February 2021, 08:56:47 »
just have a question (I'm not getting involved on whether this is good or not  :P )

it requires you to use your helm slot? it's not possible with scroll? or artifact slot?
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #502 on: 04 February 2021, 10:05:13 »
it requires you to use your helm slot? it's not possible with scroll? or artifact slot?

Sadly, no. Replacing helmet is the only working method i found.
Edit - Here is a preview of mount/dismount mechanic:

All unarmed animations are now mounted, except the long idle one (where you stand normally). No one uses unarmed, but now at least it can beused for fast traveling... also i had an idea how to make the character use weapons from horseback, even if he is unarmed... but ill leave that for later.
« Last Edit: 04 February 2021, 22:19:42 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Humility

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #503 on: 04 February 2021, 22:24:59 »
Wow. I missed all the buzz... :D This has become a hot topic suddenly.
I'm not a fan of this mod. Sorry. Can I'm play as bird and have 150 DEX from start and crit anyone all the way? TQ for some unknown reason so stupid... I'm also thinked to play "as monster", but player should get base stats like monster too (satyrs btw has pretty good), is easy to do, but... At same time... Well.

What is point of this? Just to be look different? Sorry, I'm not offensive here, just interesting in general and what peoples like. I'm seen for example in SV-AERA whole location with lot of dyes... ugh. But, dyes do nothing. NOTHING. They do nothing to style and do nothing to RP and do nothing at all. They are good only for choosing other color of clothing if you does'nt like starting color. Eventually and 99% you doesn't see own dye anyway. So, why TOO bother about this? Again, is not offensive! Just want to understand why?
I respect your opinion, and to some degree you have a point. All 4 features are not really necessary in a hack and slash game like TQ, they are mostly giving flavor. I've always liked games that have a lot of character customization (like for example, even original Mount & Blade had sliders to adjust facial features). Is it necessary in a game? No. But is it enjoyable by many people? Definitely yes. Its a game inside of a game, you see what i mean?
This is my way of modding, some people enjoy changing game balance, drop rates, but i was never good at that and never enjoyed it.
What i enjoy is the visual stuff, trying to make the game look better. Simple as that. I hope this is good enough explanation.

This mod really does improve the feel of the game though. I love it. I have a question. When using DirectX 10/11, whichever it is, the model's skirt when in the inventory/stat menu appears one solid color. Is playing DirectX 9 the only way to fix that, or is there a work around to make it appear in it's actual detail. It's nothing big, but I can't use DirectX 9 unless I want to hear the sound crackle like crazy.

Not Yet Rated!

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #504 on: 04 February 2021, 22:30:39 »
The directX11 issue is a vanilla bug, but with the new skin system it can be fixed very easy.

Not Yet Rated!

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #505 on: 05 February 2021, 16:13:24 »
For 2 days I'm struggling with the tiger animations... The main problem is player must remain at the same position when riding horse and tiger, but the two animals move very differently. Running animations are (probably) done, as well as the idle ones. Now remain the rest.

Not Yet Rated!

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #506 on: 07 February 2021, 18:34:05 »
Today i finally figured out how to make the character move with the back of the horse while riding, which is a small victory to me. Nothing worked, until I remembered something that Endymion told me - you cant export changes to existing animations, only can make new ones from scratch. So i took character's Bone_Root, moved it on the position where the rider should be and tried to mimic the movement of the galloping horse. Then exported the animated bone and combined it with the main riding animation. It worked like a charm! :D
Even though character's pose is still "woody" it looks much better now.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Cygi

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #507 on: 07 February 2021, 19:24:53 »
As a total noob in this things, using the movement animation of centaurs would help?

Not Yet Rated!

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #508 on: 08 February 2021, 05:26:26 »
Yeah, above the waist it can be used probably... thanks for the idea! 

EDIT - Here is a video with testing mounts:

There are also deers, but they refuse to appear for some reason. Will figure it out eventually. 
As you see the  tiger  animations are kinda wonky. I'm not sure they should be included  TBH. Unless i find how to fix them  without  looking  unnatural.
« Last Edit: 08 February 2021, 07:33:10 by nargil66 »

Rated 1 time
Excellent

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #509 on: 10 February 2021, 15:32:04 »
« Last Rated on: 10 February 2021, 16:03:16 »
In the next video i want to show you how cavalry weapons work... they are basically shields that grant attack skill to the player. Shields are the only weapons that can be used while the character is unarmed (aka mounted). It will need a lot of balancing after first release, but everything at its time. Here is the video:

EDIT - Latest progress on the mounts:
- Reworked player's death animation when mounted
- Added cavalry spear and mounted spear attack animation (left handed)
- Added a new mount - Bronze Automaton Horse:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Such horses in Greek legends are usually made by Hephaestus and used by him and his sons - the Cabeiri.
https://www.theoi.com/Ther/HippoiKabeirikoi.html

Edit 2 - Terracotta mount  ^-^
Spoiler for Hiden:

Edit 3 - Imperial War Horse:
Spoiler for Hiden:
« Last Edit: 12 February 2021, 01:53:49 by nargil66 »

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal