Author Topic: Rita - ritualist thrower  (Read 3367 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline hedgehog

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Rita - ritualist thrower
« on: 22 November 2019, 23:51:54 »
Hi,  I just finished this little crazy build with Blessing of moirae / Psionic touch.

Why build ritualist which is not petmancer?
I found Disc of Mani boots: +2 dream/nature  so I could use Adept clasp for attack speed and recharge and I love throwing weapons :)

The damage displayed is laughable (3400 DPS) but combined with Plague and Distort reality it works quite well (I play single player "vanilla" game).
I use Briar ward for boss fights and generally hit them with all I have - Psionic touch, Plague, Distort reality and Distortion wave for slow. Aura is ToW.
From the nature tree I use only Refresh (1point), Briar ward, Plague and Call of the wild.
Wolves for distraction and Strength of the pack only, no healing, just spawn them again when they die.

I wanted sturdy and easy to play char with mix of str and int gear for resists and DA (Tunic of the magi, Visor of Shadowlord, Disc of Mani, Zeno paradox for dodge/avoid - very helpful). Artifact is Elemental rage with 35% attack speed bonus.
She is "hybrid" int/str.  Recharge was around 50 (Adept clasp+ Moirae), with Archmage clasps it is about 60. Necessary for Plague and Distort reality.

She is accomplished hero, I just wanted to test it and it works :)
Until act 4 legendary it was mostly one-hand play - call wolves, Nightmare, ToW, Oak and then  just  Psionic touch, Distort reality when surrounded. They burned nicely :)
From  Act 4 legendary Plague was necessary for tough monsters (giants).
No big problem with bosses in main quests.

And I finally found Archmage clasps in the Giant king chest :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Rita - ritualist thrower
« Reply #1 on: 23 November 2019, 01:09:20 »
str/int but blessing of the moirae is a dex item  ^-^

if you think you have tried everything already, except hybrid, then why not hybrid, right? always fun ^-^
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline hedgehog

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 23 November 2019, 10:02:49 »
I could do this only because I have these upgraded weightles things:
Moirae (-20) with bonus dmg and 33% phys dmg
Tunic of the magi (-20)

I used weightles green shield (-18),  Polaris (-18) and Somatophylakes plate (-20) and Mongol chackram at the beginning but I still  invested into dex a little to have better DA (unnecessarily in hindsight: DA  is 1240 with dex 350  thanks to Tunic, veteran Shadowlord  helmet and Adroit loop mostly)

I suspect that in  4 - 5th act legendary the main killer was Distortion reality actually. I suppose that the %phys dmg from Adroit loop and Moirae and %ele dmg from Moirae and total dmg from Torc of ancestors affect phys and burn dmg of the DR?
Because it was like that: run into group or lead mobs to gather around,  then DR and then shoot them while immobilized. If some stayed alive, repeat (rarely). 

And yes, it was fun and she even did not die - my first char with 0 deaths :)
« Last Edit: 23 November 2019, 14:39:03 by hedgehog »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Torstein159

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 23 November 2019, 11:41:45 »
Hi, interesting idea, but since there's no pictures I wanted to ask how do your stats look and if you're getting -% requirements from your jewelry or any upgrades. From the items you've listen it seems you'd need around 500+ str, 450+ int, and 400+ dex. Seems like a lot at first glance, what's your secret here? :>

Not Yet Rated!

Offline hedgehog

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 23 November 2019, 13:06:23 »
so, pictures :)
char with HoW speed bonus active:

Endgame gear.
She had weightless polaris before level 65 but vitality res was too low and nature had only 3 +skills.
It was necessary for Shadowlord at the beginning.
The combination of gear is not ideal resistance wise but I really, really wanted the DA :)

Points into survival instinct are there just for better survivability (did not help much though, the dogs were toast for most bosses)

DW is in progress still

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal