Author Topic: "New" Vit damage scaling and how this affects Spirit?  (Read 5935 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline seventh

• Topic Author
  • Questin' in a Titanic Scale
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
"New" Vit damage scaling and how this affects Spirit?
« on: 19 March 2019, 18:10:18 »
This was probably discussed somewhere before, but I'm getting back into the game and was wondering what happens now with Spirit Mastery.

Has the Life Drain tree gained renewed purpose? Also that new Spirit totem thingy looks goddang amazing. Always wanted a dismembered pterodactyl skeleton to help me zap bad people.

I'm thinking of going sort of a high-mountain shaman (as opposed to voodoo shaman or elemental shaman I believe). Using life-drain, perhaps ternion, rune mastery's aoe damage, and Lich King as support.

Might also just go Nature+Spirit though, that's also very shaman-ish, though that will feel very witch doctor-ish, but I love that as well.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
Re: "New" Vit damage scaling and how this affects Spirit?
« Reply #1 on: 23 March 2019, 12:10:41 »
Don't mess with life drain, it is mostly the same as before.

Spirit can be played as vitality damage mastery with vit damage staves, there are currently 3 in the game. Highest damage one is Praxidikae. You need it to try the whole thing.

I wrote some observations on vitality ternion diviner link. Torstein159 published a video not long ago link.

Vitality diviner is a build that can be considered top but with its staves requirement its heavily gear dependant of course. My diviner did something like 7,5K damage per projectile with deathchill, its 22K point plank. How much hp does legendary Typhon have? I don't remember the exact number, but he is the toughest boss in the game along wtih Hydra, and he died in 8 hits. Most bosses do not have that much and die is 3-5. Its like you come to the place, cast dark covenant, drop circle of power, hit-hit-hit its over. Liche is not needed there as he will always be too late. Maybe with mods like massboss he won't.

Constructs are immune to vitality damage and you should consider having another type to deal with them.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline seventh

• Topic Author
  • Questin' in a Titanic Scale
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: "New" Vit damage scaling and how this affects Spirit?
« Reply #2 on: 24 March 2019, 18:34:25 »
Don't mess with life drain, it is mostly the same as before.

Spirit can be played as vitality damage mastery with vit damage staves, there are currently 3 in the game. Highest damage one is Praxidikae. You need it to try the whole thing.

I wrote some observations on vitality ternion diviner link. Torstein159 published a video not long ago link.

Vitality diviner is a build that can be considered top but with its staves requirement its heavily gear dependant of course. My diviner did something like 7,5K damage per projectile with deathchill, its 22K point plank. How much hp does legendary Typhon have? I don't remember the exact number, but he is the toughest boss in the game along wtih Hydra, and he died in 8 hits. Most bosses do not have that much and die is 3-5. Its like you come to the place, cast dark covenant, drop circle of power, hit-hit-hit its over. Liche is not needed there as he will always be too late. Maybe with mods like massboss he won't.

Constructs are immune to vitality damage and you should consider having another type to deal with them.

I see. That's awesome actually, I'll check the builds and see if they fit with the thematic I'm trying to achieve. Thanks for the response!

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal