Author Topic: Trapper build warfare or hunting second mastery  (Read 13306 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline renkotsu

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
Trapper build warfare or hunting second mastery
« on: 12 February 2019, 17:16:23 »
I was planni g to go as a illusionist but someone told me it is not that great , and told me to go hunter or warfare as secondary for a trap build , which one should i go for , i already have assassin using dual wield ,this character will be using trap only .

Im also gonna be playing this build on xmax x3 with a friend i am not sure yet the classe he will be using

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Trapper build warfare or hunting second mastery
« Reply #1 on: 12 February 2019, 18:55:47 »
wow that someone doesn't know illusionist at all

warfare is indeed good option but some time ago I've soured over my assassin.. that's because the stationary nature of battle standard forces you to stay in melee range.. and i like my trappers to be ranged toons.. you don't get the benefit of throwing traps away from you

so I'm not taking my assassin over my illusionist or my dreamkiller.. yes i have many trappers.. i like my trappers to be traps + knives because both scale with cast speed and all skills.. and knives are a good way to reduce enemy resistances and spread confusion.. pet rings + monkey kings trickery

i don't have a trapper brigand yet but i can see hunting should also be a very good option.. as is storm and earth but that forces you to play spellcaster + traps.. something you might not be ready yet

actually nature might be the easiest because HoO and strength of the pack gives you additional cast speed.. something not easy to get with a str build.. don't know what that dude is thinking.. but the best way to build a self found trapper imo is just enough int to wear sthenos wisdom, and just enough dex to wear SB cuffs.. because the farming spot of both is the same and it's not that difficult to farm.. then farm the merchants for some pet rings.. i would get a shield for that.. yes it sounds scary because it sounds hybrid.. but it's the best for optimization.. and once you get enough int and dex, you'll have lots of free stat points because traps don't scale with your stats.. the next logical stat placement is health but if you choose nature, HoO compensates for that.. so that leaves you more stat points more than enough for a low quality shield

lastly, if you are building a trapper, don't follow any fixed ratio stat distribution.. because you only need enough to equip items.. so you are better off saving your stat points
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline renkotsu

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 12 February 2019, 20:41:40 »
Here you can read what he wrote, i find it weird aswell since the video i saw the guy seemed to have no trouble at all clearing stuff on xmax.

I ddont realky wanna go warfare again ... the 4th character i have with a warfare mastery, and i haven't tried brigand with trap, i really like nature for the additional pet to tank and plague.

I just dont know how to spend my attribute point if i go illusionist , do i go melee or caster or use ranged bow ,edit just read your post about stats, so no energy or strenght unless some equipment require some

And does the quest reward stats point give more hp than the regular points you gain from leveling ,because the bonus pts per life give 40hp point instead of 20-25 depending on the classe

https://steamcommunity.com/app/475150/discussions/0/1776010325135940423/
« Last Edit: 12 February 2019, 20:45:35 by renkotsu »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline renkotsu

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 12 February 2019, 20:53:56 »
I plan on going rogue first instead of nature , what do you think i should focus on first for the few level, should i rush for trap as soon as i can and ignore skill like calculated strike blade honing and evenom weapon

Ffor the stonebinder cuff and sthenos wisdom do i want the epic or legendary version

http://titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Illusionist&master1=4&master2=6
« Last Edit: 12 February 2019, 20:58:17 by renkotsu »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 12 February 2019, 21:56:38 »
maybe this will help:

illusionist
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=19.0
edit: more updated build of my illusionist
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=19.msg7763#msg7763

it's also possible with some int like i suggested.. in fact, i think it's easier for self-found toons

here for sthenos wisdom and SB cuffs
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/TitanQuestAE/comments/60sr7r/stonebinders_cuffs/
both can be farmed in the same area

for rogues in general:
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=340.0

edit: SB cuffs, farm for both
« Last Edit: 12 February 2019, 22:06:56 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline renkotsu

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 12 February 2019, 22:45:36 »
What weapon would you recommend and for the stonebinder and sthenos wisdom is it worth the higher int and dex requirement for the epic version.

For amulet and ring which pet damage do i want physical or elemental , and when can i start buying thoses from npc early act 1?

::) sorry for all the question , im getting back into this game and i never really got past epic act 2 way back before immortal throne so my game knowledge isn't on point O:-)
« Last Edit: 12 February 2019, 23:49:40 by renkotsu »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 13 February 2019, 00:35:35 »
you don't have ragnarok right? so no thrown wep? and you want sthenos + SB cuffs? so

weapon - if you can find phorkos trident, that's a very good option.. it drops in epic.. or if you can find a very good staff.. but hmm I'm just allergic to staves (edit: spears have high dex req but low str)

pet ring - the best you can find.. but nature has strength of the pack so probably physical

last question - very early game it might be better to attack with a weapon so pet rings might be useless very early game

since you seem concerned on your stat points, just invest a little on int enough to equip epic sthenos wisdom.. and more on dex for SB cuffs

you have another character right? if so it would be very good if you can pre-farm epic SB cuffs and a +2 to rogue.. both have lvl 25 requirement.. if you can do that, i can assure you by lvl 25 your rogue will be smooth sailing.. or if you want i can just give you a +2 to rogue amulet and epic SB cuffs
« Last Edit: 13 February 2019, 00:48:13 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline renkotsu

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 13 February 2019, 01:17:33 »
I do not have ragnarok

I plan on doing this walk self found only

Im checking the database for a decent armor but im not sure if i should go for a str one or int or if there is even a dex based requirement armor.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 13 February 2019, 01:29:36 »
there is but only very few.. the one I'm thinking is tunic of the magi which is int based

for a self-found toon, str route might be better.. unless you don't mind playing as full support to your buddy

str build is better for self-found.. start with calculated strike then just respec to traps and pets later.. just abuse flash powder
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline renkotsu

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 13 February 2019, 01:36:48 »
What should i max until level 20 if i go pure rogue with calculated strike and flash powder, i miht go support or melee for the start since i dont know yet what my friend is gonna play

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 13 February 2019, 04:28:10 »
you know.. the more i think of it.. playing xmax x3 both self-found on multiplayer where monsters get stronger per number of players.. whatever class you choose, that's tough.. good luck to both of you.. you'll need it  :-X

edit:
Im checking the database for a decent armor but im not sure if i should go for a str one or int or if there is even a dex based requirement armor.
didn't i say
lastly, if you are building a trapper, don't follow any fixed ratio stat distribution.. because you only need enough to equip items.. so you are better off saving your stat points
:D
« Last Edit: 13 February 2019, 04:46:09 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline renkotsu

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: 13 February 2019, 19:51:18 »
I calculated  my attribute if i was at level 75

Without gears and all sidequest stats done i think i ended up with this , not sure i can equip any decent shield with that

Low strength , if i go str route how do i deal with the slower cast rate on trap and cdr , the whole gears setup will be different and playstyle , i might aswell go brigand or warfare if im doing str dex route?

Str 276
Dex 418
Int 420

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: 13 February 2019, 20:30:56 »
interesting.. it's better than i expected actually.. hmmm maybe hybrid shoddys aren't that hard even for self-farmed toons if carefully planned :))

of course you can because many items grant bonus attributes.. and even if you can't, that means you can equip an epic version green shield.. socketed with a legendary charm/relic, and a good spear like phorkos trident.. yeah that should be better than a staff

ok I'm not forcing you to choose illusionist.. i just think it's the safest/easiest for a self-farmed trapper.. but trapper brigand and assassin rely on 80% CDR.. do you really think 80% CDR is easier to get for self-farmed toons than the items i suggested?

edit: 80% CDR and +4 to all skills
« Last Edit: 13 February 2019, 21:00:56 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline renkotsu

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: 13 February 2019, 23:27:15 »
Ilusionist just seem safer than brigand trapper or assassin, maybe once i played illusionist i might do one, i just hate that there is so many  mastery but most of them end up playing the same either caster or full melee.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline renkotsu

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: 14 February 2019, 19:59:34 »
Changed my mind im making a brigand or assassin using trap

Gears should be the same since i dont see any other helm that give what sthenos add 75% fcr

In your opion which one deal the most damage of the 2

https://www.kirmiziperfect.com/titancalc-anniversary-edition/TitanCalca581a581a581.html?mastery=Assassin&master1=6&master2=3

https://www.kirmiziperfect.com/titancalc-anniversary-edition/TitanCalc142b142b142b.html?mastery=Brigand&master1=6&master2=7

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal